Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Robot

• 21-02-2012 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭

If a domestic robot was available on the market that would clean your house, do the laundry, ironing, gardening, take out the bins, do general chores, would you be interested?

If this robot cost about the same as a standard family car with less and more expensive brands available would you still be interested?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Depends on whether it was open source and easily customizable. I for one would want to be able to turn it into a deadly killing machine and/or sexbot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

can it make a sex to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    If a domestic robot was available on the market that would clean your house, do the laundry, ironing, gardening, take out the bins, do general chores, would you be interested?

If this robot cost about the same as a standard family car with less and more expensive brands available would you still be interested?

its available already, called woman/wife

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

Could it do the dishwasher?

I hate doing the dishwasher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Please to buy sexy robot making you happy feeling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Much of the impetus for robot development is coming from 2 divergent sectors, medical/elderly assistants and the "intimate" robot, especially in asia. Much of the demand from the later is as a result of the one child policy in China and the skewed gender imbalance it has caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

is the space pope reptilian?

This one is turn off and onable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Aye but in the long term they cost more than a family car and if anything goes wrong you're fucked with a big maintenance bill for something you can't use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

What's the difference between a woman and a refrigerator?

A fridge doesn't fart when you take your meat out.

• Advertisement

What's the difference between a woman and a refrigerator?

A fridge doesn't fart when you take your meat out.

Yes that and there is no inner light in a woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

TheZohan wrote: »
    Aye but in the long term they cost more than a family car and if anything goes wrong you're fucked with a big maintenance bill for something you can't use.

you just trade in for a newer model

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

What - no more housework? As long as it wasn't creepy and about to rebel and think foe itself, then yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Yes, I'd get one, and initially I'd love it.

But after a while, I'd see it as a sign of how I'd let success get to my head, and how I'd become distanced from my working-class roots.

I'd therefore tire of it and leave it to my friend Paulie, who'd love it after initially mistrusting it.

I'd then be able to get back to my roots, do some back-to-basics training, and defeat Ivan Drago and thaw relations between East and West.

So yes, basically.

Yes, I'd get one, and initially I'd love it.

But after a while, I'd see it as a sign of how I'd let success get to my head, and how I'd become distanced from my working-class roots.

I'd therefore tire of it and leave it to my friend Paulie, who'd love it after initially mistrusting it.

I'd then be able to get back to my roots, do some back-to-basics training, and defeat Ivan Drago and thaw relations between East and West.

So yes, basically.

Would you let your robot post on boards for you? Think of all the free time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭Totofan99

Domesto-bot - He's three foot high, he only says ten phrases, he's the friend you've always dreamed of. Order Domesto-bot today.

Totofan99 wrote: »
    Domesto-bot - He's three foot high, he only says ten phrases, he's the friend you've always dreamed of. Order Domesto-bot today.

Maybe the friend I always dreamed of when I was 3.

Would you let your robot post on boards for you? Think of all the free time.

Absolutely. I'm sure he'd come up with much better stuff than I spout.

Absolutely. I'm sure he'd come up with much better stuff than I spout.

It would be a good artificial intelligence test, to see if a computer could pass themselves off as a regular poster on boards, replying to posts and sharing their opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

annascott wrote: »
    What - no more housework? As long as it wasn't creepy and about to rebel and think foe itself, then yes.

Robots be crazy.

• Advertisement

It would be a good artificial intelligence test, to see if a computer could pass themselves off as a regular poster on boards, replying to posts and sharing their opinions.

"Thread post number = 1"

"Original post pun-making potential = 87%"

"Initiate thanks-whoring post sequence!"

It might work...

Advertisement