Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Favourite Christmas Specials

Options
  • 19-12-2014 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭

I'm a bit bored of Christmas movies at the moment (I feel like I've seen them all too many times) but I'm planning a weekend on the couch with the OH watching Christmassy things. I'm thinking of just watching a load of Christmas Specials. What are people's favourites / recommendations?
    My favourite are the two Office episodes. The UK ones obviously :pac:
    All recommendations will be appreciated!

Mods
    : I did a search for similar threads but I couldn't see any. If I've been really stupid and missed it, please delete this... and sorry :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 the ax murderer

"It's the largest lingerie section in Europe I've heard"

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

The two I watch every year, Blackadder's Christmas Carol and The Father Ted christmas episode

• Registered Users Posts: 81,153 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The UK Office too, Tim and Dawn getting together and Brent telling Finch to F Off, nicely wrapped it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

The Hancock's Half Hour radio specials are great. You can also listen to them while you're doing other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,469 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Kings College Cambridge choir on the radio, for something different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I like Fraiser E01S12 Miracle On 3rd or 4th Street. If you haven't seen it in a while you might enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I like Fraiser E01S12 Miracle On 3rd or 4th Street. If you haven't seen it in a while you might enjoy it.

The Cheers episode Snow Job is brilliant. One of the best Sam/Diane episodes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    Kings College Cambridge choir on the radio, for something different.

I've something of theirs on my music device. Where do you normally hear them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Have enjoyed watching Bottom - Holy, and Knowing Me Knowing Yule With Alan Partridge along with all the US office Christmas episodes and The Royle Family ones. Will leave Father Ted till Christmas Eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I don't really have a favourite probably mrs browns specials and some of the comedy ones like from Fr Ted. The recent zig and zag special was funny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

None. Generally lower quality than a "normal" episode of the same show. Obviously a few exceptions like in anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I think I've watched A Christmassy Ted every single Christmas Eve for the last eighteen years. It's my equivalent of midnight mass.

One Foot in the Algarve (1993 One Foot in the Grave Xmas special, with a guest appearance by Peter Cook).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

RayM wrote: »
    I think I've watched A Christmassy Ted every single Christmas Eve for the last eighteen years. It's my equivalent of midnight mass.

One Foot in the Algarve (1993 One Foot in the Grave Xmas special, with a guest appearance by Peter Cook).

yeah father teds everyone goes quiet for that, one foot in the grave is good, so is porridge christmas specials and last of summer wine specials do be good to, the new black adder from a few years ago is good

• Registered Users Posts: 15,004 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

"It's the largest lingerie section in Europe I've heard"

I think that lingerie department scene is possibly the most overrated scene in any Christmas special.

Its just not that funny.

The rest of the show is brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

I love the Gavin and Stacey Christmas Special - loved that show..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Gavin and Stacey and the royle family specials are my favourites!

Advertisement