Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Scorpion (CBS) US Pace [** Spoilers **]

Comments

Been renewed for a second series.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,954 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It starts on RTE 2 on Thursday 29th January at 8pm

Anyone who follows the show should be aware that two episodes aired this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Anyone who follows the show should be aware that two episodes aired this week.

And both very good ones too
    They had one on Sunday night as to get people to watch the show as it aired After one of the biggest football match of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭squonk

Ah that makes sense. I was wondering if the cousins had forgotten to send me last week's one or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭George White

Yes

Watched this because of the unique portrayal of Kilkenny and Enniscorthy. Gardaí with guns. But who gives a ****e? It's TV. And they all seem to speak in Scots accents, but then again it's TV! And they apparently filmed on the same Disney ranch where Darby O'Gill was mostly filmed on...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

It's light-hearted entertainment, I like it

Mc Love wrote: »
    It's light-hearted entertainment, I like it
    i would have liked to have seen a more unknown back story in the characters
    walter -sister sick
    page -nothing
    gallow - daughter died from some disease

nothing too big or unknown to the characters they are just hiding some of the info.I cant see too much of a cliff hanger at the end of the season , expect maybe walter and page getting together , but really thats cbs only card to play. Love the show , but i think they have to trow in some unknown that even the characters dont know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I think the "issue" might be that this show is a bit of a throw-back to an earlier era (as are recent shows like The Last Ship and The Flash for example). Shows that forgo the "gritty ultra-realistic" stories and characters of the HBO generation in favour of a great focus on simple entertainment and a "feel good factor" that were common in shows like this 30 years ago.
    It could use a bit more MacGyver too, I think, in the simplicity of some of the solutions he found. The Scorpion guys get too complicated for their own good.

(Spoiler Alert) In a recent episode, the one with the kid trapped under rocks on the beach: they managed to get a conduit open to the kid quickly, which is how they got the phone to him. Then they flew in a heavy, complicated blood oxygenation machine, Walter went down with it to insert needles in to the kid's arms, almost getting them both killed in the process.

But ... why not simply drop a tube down the pipe they already had, so the kid could breath through that? Even if the top of the pipe was going to be underwater at high tide, they could just raise the tube higher. Or a SCUBA tank? Either way, he could breath while divers worked to free him. :rolleyes:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 60,279 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It could also do with an overall season arc.

Thought it does make a change for a show like this not to have one.

• Advertisement

bnt wrote: »
    But ... why not simply drop a tube down the pipe they already had, so the kid could breath through that? Even if the top of the pipe was going to be underwater at high tide, they could just raise the tube higher. Or a SCUBA tank? Either way, he could breath while divers worked to free him. :rolleyes:
    that would have been the simplest thing.
    However they couldnt use a scuba thank because the air is pressurized and he has a collapsed lung

I think that the ongoing story arc for the series is the way in which the characters are slowly changing how they view the world. Granted it's pretty stock stuff but it's nice to see how the cases they work and the people they meet colour how they see the world around them, there's a real risk that Scorpion could be a show about a bunch of elitist assholes and at the start it kind of was.

Well , Big Episode last night . Happy and toby had a "moment"
    Walter muttered to page , he wanted to bring her to dinner

And the biggest news is Walter dosen't know the full story with baghdad

Good episode i thought. I think happy and toby thing will go cold until the end of the season and pick back up in the last 2 episode of the season

Thoughts??

• Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

43 minutes of pure quality. Thrilling stuff... Network TV at its finest.

great episode last night
    how many more left this season

Looks like next week is the finale.

http://epguides.com/scorpion/

Aw! I thought this week's episode felt like a season finalé. It's turned into such a great show though. The start was so ropey but now they deliver every single week. I really enjoy the show these days. It's nice to see a kind of old-fashioned entertainment-driven show. They remind me as the A-Team for the Teenies. I missed shows like this so it's nice to see one created for a contemporary audience.

This is just a fun show..I've been trying to place Toby all series and I only just got that he was Finch in the American Pie films.

Sh*t break. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,661 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

squonk wrote: »
    Aw! I thought this week's episode felt like a season finalé. It's turned into such a great show though. The start was so ropey but now they deliver every single week. I really enjoy the show these days. It's nice to see a kind of old-fashioned entertainment-driven show. They remind me as the A-Team for the Teenies. I missed shows like this so it's nice to see one created for a contemporary audience.

Yea it's a definite throwback to an era when TV shows like this were just meant to be entertaining for 45 mins, not be over-analysed, picked apart and critiqued for not being "dark/real/gritty" enough.

Those shows have their place too but it's nice to have these back - The Last Ship is another one (and back in a few weeks as well I think), and The Flash is just fantastic TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Season 2 starts tonight

A fun opening episode and continued the fun from last season.

Also Alana de la Garza :)

Really great fun.

Also Alana de la Garza :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭George White

People on the net asking, "Why do Irish characters sound American?"
    Thus me texting them, "you've never been to Dublin. Half of the young adult population talk like Valley girls and boys."

Good opener for sure but the whole Baloon riding thing was a bit OTT. That being said, the pilot was completely OTT last year so I'm hoping things tone down a small bit otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,661 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Still a very watchable show this year.. Nice to see Bellick finally get that Warden's job this week :P

This is such a great show this year. Every episode seems to cram in action, drama, humour and tension in perfect proportions.

To use an obvious pun, the last episode had a horrible sting in the tail. It could have been heavy handed, but it was very tastefully done. It will be interesting to see how/if Walter bounces back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

People on the net asking, "Why do Irish characters sound American?"
    Thus me texting them, "you've never been to Dublin. Half of the young adult population talk like Valley girls and boys."

Fridays Late late toy show was a good example of this.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    This is such a great show this year. Every episode seems to cram in action, drama, humour and tension in perfect proportions.

To use an obvious pun, the last episode had a horrible sting in the tail. It could have been heavy handed, but it was very tastefully done. It will be interesting to see how/if Walter bounces back.
    glad she gone, Didnt like her

Advertisement