Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mantra, promotion fail

• 14-02-2012 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

this is a promotional video from mantra nightclub in maynooth. odd choice in interviewees. from about 0:47 - 1:19 is gas!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

That was sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

everyone in that video sounds like they have been dropped on their head at a young age

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

That has to be a piss take.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

CMpunked wrote: »
    That has to be a piss take.

No it's genuinely official. It's up on their facebook page. I think the girl interviewing works there.

I saw it on their page the other day but I've been banned from commenting because of a comment I left ages ago.

It's an absolute hape of ****e. No thought went into it. Pure muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

1:29

Interviewer: What kind of music do you play here on a sturday night?
    DJ: A mix of absolute sheee1te!
    Interviewer: And do you get a good response?
    DJ: They love it. Ahhhhahhahahhaaahahahhahhhahhaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Hardly surprising that the place is gone into receivership judging by that video, I'm surprised it's taken that long!

Edit: http://www.waterford-news.ie/news/mhojsngbid/

The one is Waterford is equally **** by the way, in case you couldn't guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Good rock music they say and all I heard was a cover band playing Bryan Adams - Summer of 69

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Well I think it's odd it's gone into receivership when it has a university on its doorstep and no competition or very little, seeing as it's 40 minutes from town and is better than the other nightclubs within reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Testament1

I went there once when I was in Kildare for a weekend a while back. Thought it was one of the worst nightclubs I'd ever been in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Back in 2008

Novemember

4th

Boob

Under the jumper

Over the bra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I was there once. Unfortunately I don't remember much about it. I was very, very drunk. CAIRO!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

"Its the best spot in maynooth!"

Thats hardly saying much is it... thought the town was a dive when I went out in it once with some college mates. Which is odd considering its got a college in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

ah now, maynooth is great, but mantra is a shocking sh1te hole. i think its hilarious they did that video at the weekend to get a "classier" crowd. worked out well for them, :pac:

also, im pretty certain that place wasnt open in 2008

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Well I think it's odd it's gone into receivership when it has a university on its doorstep and no competition or very little, seeing as it's 40 minutes from town and is better than the other nightclubs within reach.

They charge ridiculous prices in there. None of the students, myself included, were able to afford them.

After a few months of opening people stopped going, and eventually they dropped their prices. Even still they are too high. Around €5.60 for a long-neck Bulmers.

Only option was to sneak in a naggin or a few cans and open them in the toilets.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

jethro081 wrote: »
    ah now, maynooth is great, but mantra is a shocking sh1te hole. i think its hilarious they did that video at the weekend to get a "classier" crowd. worked out well for them, :pac:

also, im pretty certain that place wasnt open in 2008

In 2008 it was called the Leinster Arms or something and you needed less than 3 teeth or an aslan tattoo to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

2:15... Is that girl on helium?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

In 2008 it was called the Leinster Arms or something and you needed less than 3 teeth or an aslan tattoo to get in.

yup, but that place bore no resemblance to mantra, and it had a pool table and an awesome carvery dinner, so it still wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

I go there every couple of weeks and have had some great nights in it.
    The smoking area is possibly the best in the country and i find it a lot
    friendlier and easier to approach people than in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

thee glitz wrote: »
    I go there every couple of weeks and have had some great nights in it.
    The smoking area is possibly the best in the country and i find it a lot
    friendlier and easier to approach people than in Dublin.

Crowds in Dublin tend to be ****. Still though, London is the ****ing worst!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

discus wrote: »
    Crowds in Dublin tend to be ****. Still though, London is the ****ing worst!

London can be a horrible place. I treasure the few friendly places I know there dearly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Access wrote: »
    2:15... Is that girl on helium?

marge simpson gone wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 missmusic

The ones they do on the student nights are funnier :)

Advertisement