Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to buy FIFA 13

Options
  • 16-09-2012 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Usually this is a good place for people to let others know where to get the best deals. It's usually Tesco for me as they have always sold it cheapest in the past, although you need to make sure you get it early as they don't stock a whole lot of copies.

So, where are you all buying your copy of FIFA 13 this year.....?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

well
    this year
    ffia price has gone up by nearly a 5er
    to get the ultimate ed its gone up nearly 8 quid
    so theirs no proper cheap places selling it at the moment unless you pre order online even then your only saving a euro or two
    id recommand gamestop.ie they so fare have the cheapest pre order for it
    but with gamesnash.ie i think its called theyll be giving out vouchers if theirs alot of boardies pre ordering the game from their website
    could be anything from 5e voucher ta 20 i think
    theirs a thread here someone were on it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

I'll be getting it from GameStop but i'll also be getting the EA Season Ticket so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

I've already pre-ordered the ultimate edition in Gamestop. I don't really care if I end up paying an extra €5 or €10. Gamestop is the closest shop to me and all I'll care about in two weeks time is getting the game as quickly as possible. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

ConorCBS wrote: »
    I've already pre-ordered the ultimate edition in Gamestop. I don't really care if I end up paying an extra €5 or €10. Gamestop is the closest shop to me and all I'll care about in two weeks time is getting the game as quickly as possible. :pac:

Nothing wrong with being willing to pay more. However if that's your attitude, than why wait two weeks? :confused:

Sign up for the season pass and get it a week early. Early release is out this saturday the 22nd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Cheapest price I've seen for the standard edition is €55 in Smyths. Anyone find cheaper than that?... unlikely I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

TheTownie wrote: »
    Cheapest price I've seen for the standard edition is €55 in Smyths. Anyone find cheaper than that?... unlikely I know.

HMV will defo be cheaper for Standard edition. They release all new games at €47.99 and I doubt it will change for FIFA. I'm wondering what the Ultimate Edition will cost in there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Kirby wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with being willing to pay more. However if that's your attitude, than why wait two weeks? :confused:

Sign up for the season pass and get it a week early. Early release is out this saturday the 22nd.

Personally, it's not worth the extra €25 on top of the game to play it a few days early. I'm also not sure if I'll be around this weekend so would be a bit of a waste.

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Personally, it's not worth the extra €25 on top of the game to play it a few days early. I'm also not sure if I'll be around this weekend so would be a bit of a waste.

I'd agree. I already own NHL, have no interest in Madden or that second American football game so it would be E25 just for FIFA. If they a E10 for one game option they might have got it out of me.

Also they only way I see you getting it on the 22nd is using an American side Season Ticket pass. The general game goes on sale over there on the Tuesday(25th) compared to our date of the 28th. If there was even some way of using an American season ticket(BF3 worked this way over Origin using a VPN) I'd imagine the game will lock after 3 days(i.e the Tuesday off release) don't see any reason why you'd get it for an extra 3 days bringing you up to Friday.

Mind if you play on the PC, you could get the season ticket with a VPN, and then use the VPN to unlock the full game on the Tuesday. Can't see any way around it fully on console. They state 3 days so whichever account you use, you'll still be missing a portion off next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

If I remember correctly tesco had it cheap enough last few years. What price did the have it last year? I ordered mine online last year so im not sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭simons104

Anyone with PES 2012? I just traded it in and got €30 for it in XtraVision! Happy Days!

simons104 wrote: »
    Anyone with PES 2012? I just traded it in and got €30 for it in XtraVision! Happy Days!

WHAT?! That's insane! €30 is the amount they take for new games traded in.

I've text a mate of mine who works there to see if it's the case, if it is I am racing out there tonight to trade it, that's bonkers. Especially considering I bought it for €25 back in March.

EDIT: Confirmed. €25 cash, €30 credit. Amazing.

Update on HMV lads, the Ultimate Edition is listed as €55 on their system, they said it might change by release but it most likely going to stay. I forgot to ask how much standard edition is but I'm guessing it will be €47.99 like all the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭simons104

I know imagine my shock I when I was in the shop. Must be an error in the system. Was in xtravision Nutgrove btw

Just back now, got the credit, that's over half off the next game I buy. Sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Mark26

Just purchased The EA season ticket for €24.99. It gives you early access to Fifa 13 which i can download on my PS3 this Saturday 22nd September. It will have full functionality inc online play & ultimate team. For people who play UT it's worth paying for rather than buying the ultimate edition on retail as you get 24 UT packs with season ticket and only 1 with ultimate edition. It's a bit expensive if your only gonna buy it for early access.

I'l be buying the retail version in Tescos as they have always sold it cheapest. Just keep in mind they only sell standard edition and if i remember right Fifa 12 was €39.99 last year.

Look forward to playing Fifa 13 this sat, just hope the download doesn't take forever.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Mark26 wrote: »
    J For people who play UT it's worth paying for rather than buying the ultimate edition on retail as you get 24 UT packs with season ticket and only 1 with ultimate edition. It's a bit expensive if your only gonna buy it for early access.

Don't know where you heard this. It's wrong.

You get 24 packs also, with the ultimate edition. A combined total of 48 if you get both.

@ Kirby: My bad i got it off a youtube video and i just checked it again and you're right. You also get 20% off paid download content so it definitely benefits people who play UT

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

The season ticket is definitely worth it if you play ultimate team! regardless of the early access stuff!..

24 Gold Packs + 20% off all DLC purchases within FIFA 2013.

and if you get the Ultimate Edition of FIFA 2013 you'll end up with 48 Gold Packs...Which should create a serious squad if you're lucky!..

Cant Wait To Get It!.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Where was this? F*ck, if I get €30 for it tomorrow I'd snap their hand off for it.

Especially considering I'd be trading it in against PES 2013 or F1 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Friel

I'll probably just buy it in asda.

• Advertisement

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Where was this? F*ck, if I get €30 for it tomorrow I'd snap their hand off for it.

Especially considering I'd be trading it in against PES 2013 or F1 2013.

It's in all Xtravisions mate, it's still €25 cash, €30 credit on their system. I couldn't believe it when I saw his post so called up my mate who works there and he checked it and sure enough, I was out there as quick as possible, because as soon as Xtravision find out other shops are taking €8 for it they will follow suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    It's in all Xtravisions mate, it's still €25 cash, €30 credit on their system. I couldn't believe it when I saw his post so called up my mate who works there and he checked it and sure enough, I was out there as quick as possible, because as soon as Xtravision find out other shops are taking €8 for it they will follow suit.

I'll ring my local first thing in the morning to see if that's still the case (because of PES 2013 release). That pays a hell of a lot off the price of F1 2013 or PES 2013 tomorrow!

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

traded in pes 2012 and fifa12 last night in xtra vision and got €40 credit! :D

davywalsh7 wrote: »

So it's with Fifa 12 too ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

So only €10 for FIFA?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Yeah it's €10 for Fifa.

Btw does anyone know if Fifa 12 came with a manual?

I'm looking to trade it in but noticed there's no manual and can't remember now if there was one when I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Going to try and trade PES12 today and see what they offer in Xtravision. Hopefully they didn't catch on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

osh wrote: »
    Yeah it's €10 for Fifa.

Btw does anyone know if Fifa 12 came with a manual?

I'm looking to trade it in but noticed there's no manual and can't remember now if there was one when I got it.

The manual was on the disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Do you know how much fifa 13 will be in extra vision?

• Advertisement

Has anyone with a EA season ticket downloaded the Fifa 13 early release yet ? it's meant to be available today.....

Advertisement