Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ps3 repair turnaround time

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 zyggy32

I Sent them and email listing my address they take about 2 to 3 working days after they collect your console. Got my replacement but it had problems.

THe screen was freezing and the console was taking ages to boot. I had to turn on and off a good few times. The trouble was I had redownloaded all my software and then had these issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

I was starting to get some issues like those just recently. But it started with my internet connection and started to progress. I had a 320G drive installed and removed it and re-installed the original 80G with a backup of the original which was approx 50-60G and now it's behaving itself. I had to go out and buy a 500G EXT HDD to back it up on that was the only problem. Once 'new' HD was installed PS now working like it's old self again. Just my €0.02c

I must remember that if I have issues with this replacement... THanks for your 2 cents worth:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 karro

Lads from Ballincollig are good and cheap they repair all console

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Riddle101

What Sony's phone number?

I need to replace my blu rey lens I think cause my games aren't recognised but my DVD's still work. So it's seems to be the blu rey only.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 karro

hi. you need new laser 400 aaa

In my opinion you are better off now paying the extra and getting a PS3 Slim as I am just waiting for mine to Burn out again... You only get a 3 month warranty from Sony... They give you a refurbished Console and not your own one back.....

The only reason I got the refurbished one at the time is because I could not wait 2 months for the new console to be released...

Be warned I am hearing of a lot of Refurbs or 2 year old consoles burning out... Lets hoe sony got the PS3 Slim right:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

aww man.. my dual-laser 60gb is still gathering dust :(

thats ok i will make a smiley on it w/ my finger

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Just fixed my PS3 there on Halloween. Apparently it didn't need to be repaired at all, I just had to restore the Database. The way I did it, I turned the PS3 on from the back, then I held down the Powerbuttom until I heard 3 beeps, then it turned off and I waited 10 seconds before holding down the power bottom again until I heard the doublebeep and it asked me if i'd like to restore the database. I said yes and in a matter of minutes I was playing my PS3 again. This seems to be a regular occourence with PS3's after 2 years and apperently a lot of people who sent their PS3's to Sony to get it repaired all broke down when they got them back, so I don't know but to me Sony are real moneygrabbing b*stards for having people pay 150 euro to get their PS3's repaired, when it seems that the problem isn't replacing the laser or lens but just simply the system either needs to be cleaned or restored.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Just fixed my PS3 there on Halloween. Apparently it didn't need to be repaired at all, I just had to restore the Database. The way I did it, I turned the PS3 on from the back, then I held down the Powerbuttom until I heard 3 beeps, then it turned off and I waited 10 seconds before holding down the power bottom again until I heard the doublebeep and it asked me if i'd like to restore the database. I said yes and in a matter of minutes I was playing my PS3 again. This seems to be a regular occourence with PS3's after 2 years and apperently a lot of people who sent their PS3's to Sony to get it repaired all broke down when they got them back, so I don't know but to me Sony are real moneygrabbing b*stards for having people pay 150 euro to get their PS3's repaired, when it seems that the problem isn't replacing the laser or lens but just simply the system either needs to be cleaned or restored.

Most people did do a restore a last resort, and it still didn't bring it back. Still good to put it up here. Now I need to find out what the hell is a "power bottom". The mind is boggling.......:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

whiterebel wrote: »
    Now I need to find out what the hell is a "power bottom". The mind is boggling.......:D

new elle mcpherson endorsed workout routine? :confused: dunno geez

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Spurf

"I purchased my playstation3 about 2 years ago and have never had a problem with it until about two weeks ago when i was trying to play modern warefare 2 and the system froze while it was trying to load a level.

The system was 100% not responsive so i restarted it. Since it froze the playstation cannot read or acknowledge any disc, dvd, bluray, etc."

I don't have the receipt anymore, who's best to contact? I don't want to pay €160.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Gadget.Repair

Spurf wrote: »
    "I purchased my playstation3 about 2 years ago and have never had a problem with it until about two weeks ago when i was trying to play modern warefare 2 and the system froze while it was trying to load a level.

The system was 100% not responsive so i restarted it. Since it froze the playstation cannot read or acknowledge any disc, dvd, bluray, etc."

I don't have the receipt anymore, who's best to contact? I don't want to pay €160.[/QUOTE

Hi there

I take it that the system boots up ok to the menu?

It sounds like your laser has packed in, if it is repair is a lot less than €160

Even less than €100

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JamieKennedy

my little boy put sky digital card on my Ps3 then i chekc google around to how to take this card out of Ps3 and got it by press ejector for 30 secs so it spit out the card so i put my tiger woods game on and it wont play and wont even reject out of game as well so i check around and it seem that the tray is stuck above which i think maybe i am wrong so can you help me out guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Gadget.Repair

my little boy put sky digital card on my Ps3 then i chekc google around to how to take this card out of Ps3 and got it by press ejector for 30 secs so it spit out the card so i put my tiger woods game on and it wont play and wont even reject out of game as well so i check around and it seem that the tray is stuck above which i think maybe i am wrong so can you help me out guys

Sounds like you will need to open the console and remove the disk and card by hand,

You might have a problem if there was any damage caused by the disk and card moving and spining.

PM me if you need anymore help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JamieKennedy

i did open console and check and got sky card out but the game no and funny thing is power is off as well so that mean i made it much worse game stuck in and power is off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Dark_by_Dezign

where you call sony?
    still under warranty?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Anyone got recent experience of this? Mine packed in Christmas day, it was 40gb fat one, they charged 120€ and are sending out a 120gb slimline. The broken one was collected by dpd today. Anyone got an idea how long takes to get it back these days?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement