Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thow your hat in the ring

• 18-11-2007 3:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

pete doherty is a beautiful poet and observer of our generation

or

junkie scumbag.

i can maybe guess the responses, but Im interested to know why, in either case?

title meant to be throw

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

A bit of both

• Registered Users Posts: 41 foxface

in what way, cazzy?
    i too am both (but more erring on the genius end):)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brethitmanhart

Junkie Scumbag, He's not a good singer at all, has very little talent, it's unbelieveable how far he has got with what he's been given.

Really? I personally thnk he writes something approaching poetry. youre of a deifferent opinion? ( i think what im asking is, your opinion on the 'music', differentiating from his tabloid heaven status. do we judge him as the papers do or because we genuinely think hes sh*t?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

He has talent but he also seems to have a self-destruct button that he enjoys pushing; he needs to be given a wake up call before he goes too far.

• Advertisement

purplegeko wrote: »
    He has talent but he also seems to have a self-destruct button that he enjoys pushing; he needs to be given a wake up call before he goes too far.

I completely agree.. Its hard to see what would work though. Its just a pity that he is in danger of joining the cliched group of rock n roll stars, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭davejones

purplegeko wrote: »

The sooner he presses that button the better imo
    "CAN'T STAND HIM"
    so self obsessed its unbelievable!
    Your a junkie, big f-ing deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I'm a big music fan and what he does is not music. He courts the media whether people believe it or not, he used his binging etc. to get publicity for his band, the first lot got fed up and got rid of him and the new lot well, what have they done for music lately?

He can't sing, the music is rubbish and the sooner something happens to shut him up and get the media to stop glamourising his behaviour the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭SlinkyToo

He is a consumate actor and PR genius. Pete has never taken heroin and continues to be arrested for possession and let off.

At the last count he was up to 14 arrests... Well Done Max Clifford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭lucyburn

foxface wrote: »
    pete doherty is a beautiful poet and observer of our generation

or

junkie scumbag.

i can maybe guess the responses, but Im interested to know why, in either case?

title meant to be throw

i think that he is a beautiful poet and a beautiful man
    it's a shame him and kate couldn't work out their problems.
    foxface wrote: »
    in what way, cazzy?
    i too am both (but more erring on the genius end):)

Agreed he is a genius and a excellent musician
    And i fancy the pants of him.:o

• Advertisement

uuggh it is amazing how the cult of media sends hormones raging.

If you fancy Pete, there are plenty of filthy tramps on the streets. some of them sing and play guitar.

SlinkyToo wrote: »
    uuggh it is amazing how the cult of media sends hormones raging.

If you fancy Pete, there are plenty of filthy tramps on the streets. some of them sing and play guitar.

Very funny...not
    I think your just jealous of his talent and looks.

Yeah Dead Jealous... I wish I could pull a girl who is into flithy disease ridden drug addled failed musicians.

Oh but wait I can... give me a week in the dumpster behind Dunnes Stores and then I will give Lucy my number.

Or better yet Kate Moss...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

I wish I could pull a girl who is into flithy disease ridden drug addled failed musicians.

Some problems with your post... Filtyh maybe, disease ridden; how do you know? And he's not a failed musician ust because he doesn't prescribe to the typical pop cultere you are accustomed to doesn't make him a failed musician. The definition of a successful musician is quantative. Your definition is different to mine. he has a loyal following. BTW have you listened to his new music or music from the libertines. Don't be corrumpted because of what you read in the papers.

Each to their own... I just can't see the point in him... If he overdosed I might listen to his music but otherwise he will continue to be a page 7 entry in the Sun.

I suppose when you look back in 20 years on the teenage crush you will wonder what you saw in him.

Some links to show what a stunning talent he is -

http://www.smh.com.au/news/music/singers-album-sales-soar-after-megagig/2005/07/05/1120329392465.html

http://indiemusic.suite101.com/article.cfm/indie_news_this_week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Junkie Scumbag, He's not a good singer at all, has very little talent, it's unbelieveable how far he has got with what he's been given.

+1

+1

Have you listened to any of his music? Particularily the olders stuff? He mightn't be the best singer but he is a genius songwriter.

Albrecht Speer was a nazi but should we cut him some slack because he was a genius architect?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Can't say I've any real interest in the man. I'd say that if it wasn't for the media then he'd be nobody. He has talent, but no more than any number of unknown bands around the world. I wouldn't exactly call him a poet either, unless you're willing to call anyone who slaps a song together a poet. He was just lucky that he came about when there was no one else for the media to obsess about.

im clearly not sure how to quote properly ( please let me know)

slinky too... hes comparable to a nazi.. and if he overdosed youd be more likely to listen to his music?

good f**king god.

lucyburn: same as. and no embarrassed smiley needed for it!!

ps there is two quality albums to listen too. that is all there is to it imo.

• Advertisement

The point was we should let Pete off because he is a poet... I don't get your badly worded double post

Albrecht Speer was a nazi but should we cut him some slack because he was a genius architect?

WTF. He isn't a nazi. Don't think he goes around killing jews. He hurts himself. Don't think this discusiion was about whether or not we should "let him off". Have you listened to his records? Anyone?

togster wrote: »
    WTF. He isn't a nazi. Don't think he goes around killing jews. He hurts himself. Don't think this discusiion was about whether or not we should "let him off". Have you listened to his records? Anyone?

Try not to take things too literally.

humanji wrote: »
    Try not to take things too literally.

Try not to take things too seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I think he is "fairly" talented but quite clever, he could be a good cult leader is he ever decided to get his act together. He knows he will get more attention from being someone famous with a story than someone who gets along on talent alone.

togster wrote: »
    Try not to take things too seriously.
    In that case, your post makes even less sense.

Anyone who buys his CDs is directly contributing to purchase and use of drugs.

Anyone who buys his CDs is directly contributing to purchase and use of drugs.

That is a ridiculous statement.

Not at all.

You buy a CD record company gets a piece, Pete gets his royalty, Pete goes to dealer and shoots up.

Are you telling me he doesn't use his royalty money for gear?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Not at all.

You buy a CD record company gets a piece, Pete gets his royalty, Pete goes to dealer and shoots up.

Are you telling me he doesn't use his royalty money for gear?

So if you buy a cheeseburger and then all the staff at McDonald get paid. One of the yung fellits that works there goes out and buys are car with the money he saved from his job. He then goes out and knocks down a sweet little blond child and kills them ......... SlinkyToo, you are off to jail dont pass GO dont collect €200!

Advertisement