Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-07-2013, 11:18   #106
Pixied

Hi

Hope someone can help. My son is severely hard of hearing in both ears, has lots of appointments, severe speech problem, balance issues. He is three

My application for the Dca has been refused and I need to appeal. I did write out his daily routine and they hae said that while his disability is not in doubt they do not believe he needs are beyond that of another child his age.

Can anyone who has been sucessful maybe give me some pointers?

Im paying for lots of stuff, therapy ect for him and its killing us. Now I have been told we need technology in our house to help him hear at home. So we really need the DCA

All help appreciated
Pix
Advertisement
04-07-2013, 14:23   #107
ladsmammy

Hi Pix,

Just keep appealing. I applied for my son who has ADHD back last September and kept getting refused. We had an oral hearing with an officer from the appeals office on Tuesday and he awarded the DCA to us.

I think it's hard to explain all the things you need to do in writing but found it very easy to get across what we need to do at the appeal.

IMO they are refusing everyone to see who will give up and who will keep going with it.

Keep appealing and request an oral hearing - best of luck

T
Thanks from:
16-07-2013, 10:14   #108
BrookieD

for anyone that has DC allowance there is a cock up in the payments today and as such all payments will be made tomorrow.
22-07-2013, 15:28   #109
mamasean

:eek:hi there im new on this and hope someone has some advice for me im a single parent to a 4 year old in the early intervention services they havent really diagnosed him with anything only delays in all areas and gave me a letter stating he need extra care more than a child of his age ,with this i applied for dca along with any reports i had and a full diary of all he extra care and attention i applied at the start of june but have not heard anything yet can someone advise me on how long i have to wait for a decision ,money is very tight and i have no support from family every day is a struggle emotonally with my son my doc told me based on his reports it looks like dyspraxia ,i love him to bits and only want te best for him but this waiting is driving me crazy ( thank in advance for any advice xx
18-10-2013, 13:34   #110
lucialarkin

Am in a similar situation with my 3yr old did you get domiciliary allowance as in afraid ill be rejected.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion