Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

wing mirror toytoa yaris replace?

• 25-02-2013 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I stupidly reversed and broke the hinge where my wing mirror is attached on the driver side (hit a pillar)

The mirror itself is intact and was just kinda hanging down. I got strong glue and tape in halfords and it's temporarily ok.

Anyone know where I go to just get it fixed, done and dusted. Just getting a part is no good as I haven't a clue how to fix it and don't know anyone that could help with it.

Anyone know how much I can expect it to cost?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭cletus

You're probably looking at replacing rather than fixing. A spurious replacement from a motor factors is probably about €60.

I have done a diy repair job on a corolla with the same problem. I bought a plastics specific epoxy resin from B&Q for about €8. Remove the wing mirror, clean the mating surfaces, mix the resin and apply. Leave to set overnight.

This has held for a couple of months now, but you can no longer fold the mirror in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

cletus wrote: »
    You're probably looking at replacing rather than fixing. A spurious replacement from a motor factors is probably about €60.

I have done a diy repair job on a corolla with the same problem. I bought a plastics specific epoxy resin from B&Q for about €8. Remove the wing mirror, clean the mating surfaces, mix the resin and apply. Leave to set overnight.

This has held for a couple of months now, but you can no longer fold the mirror in

Thanks, i've done similar and I cant fold in either. it's holding fine and doesnt look terrible, I just thought I might need to get it fixed for an NCT?

Do you know by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭cletus

When the wing was damaged originally it was held on with black duct tape, went through the NCT, no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭eg6 vtec

i have a friend who runs a breakers yard if you want i could find out if he has any in stock? if you could let me know what year the car is and what side you need if he has he will also fit it for you for an extra small fee, he is also Dublin based

cletus wrote: »
    When the wing was damaged originally it was held on with black duct tape, went through the NCT, no problems

Cool Thanks

• Advertisement

eg6 vtec wrote: »
    i have a friend who runs a breakers yard if you want i could find out if he has any in stock? if you could let me know what year the car is and what side you need if he has he will also fit it for you for an extra small fee, he is also Dublin based

Thats sound, thanks a million for your help... but sure I've to hold off for nearly 2 weeks until I get paid!! So i'll PM ya, thanks a mil again

Advertisement