Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bought Samsung Galaxy Ace - keep losing O2 network

Options
  • 13-08-2012 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

Anyone any experience of this?

Bought a new phone last week and I keep losing network signal.

If I take out the battery (to get at the SIM) and the SIM, then replace the lot, it works again.

It's on old SIM that I've been using for years but never had this issue before with any other phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

if you are suspecting the sim card, i suggest you get a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

akamossie wrote: »
    Yeah, I suppose I should go into the shop and get a replacement. I would imagine that's a standard request?

Weird that it didn't happen on any other phones though.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Daverk

akamossie wrote: »
    Yeah, I suppose I should go into the shop and get a replacement. I would imagine that's a standard request?

Weird that it didn't happen on any other phones though.

Sim cards don't last forever, change it every 3-4 months

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

As an easier fix while you wait for the new SIM, put the phone into Airplane mode and back out again instead of taking the battery out and restarting.;)

• Advertisement

Got a new SIM the other day. The glitch has happened once since then, but only once. If it happens again I'll be getting the phone checked out.

Re Flight Mode tip - I'll try that next time. Ta.

I think I have that SIM at least a decade. This is the first time anything's gone wrong.

Still happening. Switching back and forth between flight mode doesn't resolve it either.

Powering off and on again seems to do the job, so no need to take out the SIM and replace but this looks like a fault with the phone.

Back to the shop with me. Sigh.

Advertisement