Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Freebie list

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭frash

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Nope, only used it once to try it and wasn't impressed with it. Customer Service was pretty shocking also.

I use it all the time & have never had an issue.
    Never tried the BT11AA trick though (apart from freebies that I don't care about getting lost)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Nope, only used it once to try it and wasn't impressed with it. Customer Service was pretty shocking also.
    How do you use this on ebay or amazon?
    Do you just put in your name and address county etc and then stick the postcode on the end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

crasy dash wrote: »
    How do you use this on ebay or amazon?
    Do you just put in your name and address county etc and then stick the postcode on the end?

Yes.

Yes.

Thanks for that must try it out !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

crasy dash wrote: »
    Thanks for that must try it out !!!!

I would not risk it for something that I have paid money for.

I always use Parcel Motel and find their service excellent.

• Advertisement

iba wrote: »
    I would not risk it for something that I have paid money for.

I always use Parcel Motel and find their service excellent.
    The closest Parcelmotel to myself is about an hour round trip which is a pain

Cheers for the advice though. Might try it on something only costing a few quid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Really? Always works a charm for me, even stuff I've paid for from eBay or Amazon that has free UK postage. Always gets here.

Gets where ? To dublin ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

tharmor wrote: »
    Gets where ? To dublin ?

My home here in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭frash

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I don't know if this will work, but I signed up for 2 for my Nieces using BT1 1AA postcode.
    I looked for an Irish version, as there seems to be one for nearly every other Country in the eu, but I couldn't find one.

Anyway, Free Disney Luggage Tag by Samsonite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Looks like it's finished.
    Link is now a 10% off voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ThePhilip

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭CyCaboose

mathie wrote: »

haha thats gas :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

We sure got our use out of it though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭CyCaboose

dubstarr wrote: »
    We sure got our use out of it though:D

It's just saying Stop... they still delivered it :P a better way of getting the message across would be to stop delivering it altogether

or put a surcharge in with An Post from moving it from their Royal Mail depot down South

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I wonder if we used a different postcode would it go through a different royal mail sorting depot up north?
    Anyone familiar with their system?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

Someone from Parcel Motel put that on it....:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Got this today. Probably because I entered BT11AA as my postcode:

Please confirm your postal address to receive your Disney by Samsonite luggage tag!

Hey there!

We noticed some inconsistencies in the postal address you entered when you signed up for the Disney by Samsonite luggage tag.

So that we can send you the luggage tag as soon as possible, please reply to this email by 16:00 IST on Thursday 14th August to confirm your exact address.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Allyall wrote: »
    I don't know if this will work, but I signed up for 2 for my Nieces using BT1 1AA postcode.
    I looked for an Irish version, as there seems to be one for nearly every other Country in the eu, but I couldn't find one.

Just got the below mail on this. Hopefully will get a tag out of the reply.
    Subject: Disney by Samsonite luggage tag: Confirm your ROI postal address

Please confirm your postal address to receive your Disney by Samsonite luggage tag!

Hey there!

We noticed some inconsistencies in the postal address you entered when you signed up for the Disney by Samsonite luggage tag.

So that we can send you the luggage tag as soon as possible, please reply to this email by 16:00 IST on Thursday 14th August to confirm your exact address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,809 ✭✭✭✭muffler

fussyonion wrote: »

Hey there!

7xn2xx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

fussyonion wrote: »

Hey there!

Got the same email maybe the will send them to us after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Got the same email when using the BT1 1AA code, replying to them now!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭JayzuzHowiye

An Post are billed for these items by Royal Mail. It's called 'out of course' mail. So still comes out of your pockets via taxes at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

An Post are billed for these items by Royal Mail. It's called 'out of course' mail. So still comes out of your pockets via taxes at the end of the day.

So if we all stop doing it our taxes will all go down?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭sharpish

Is An Post funded by the exchequer ? They are profitable or break-even semi state similar to ESB, Bord Na Mona or Bord Gais. It's not coming out of our pockets, If An Post had such an issue with this they wouldn't deliver the mail or whack surcharge upon collection for the post office.

Won't be coming out of my pocket in taxes!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭JayzuzHowiye

Typical ****ing irish response

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Benefit Cosmetics

sgarvan wrote: »
    Just got the below mail on this. Hopefully will get a tag out of the reply.

I got the same email, what did anyone reply with? Their real address without BT11AA postcode?

• Advertisement

I replied with the same address I used online, including BT1 1AA (address in ROI), haven't gotten any reply as of yet.

Advertisement