Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco CLUBCARD vouchers

• 24-11-2015 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Got my Tesco Christmas vouchers today, I was really looking forward to getting them, as I was a loyal customer this year, hoping I could go out and get a bit of a discount on xmas dinner this year. Ripping open my "Thank you for shopping with us" envelope I was upset to find 25 extra points on grated cheese, 25 extra points on burger buns, actually it was quite upsetting to think my custom over the year was worth this. Not even vouchers for 20c off a tesco Turkey or anything that is to do with Christmas, unless of course we will have burger buns for christmas dinner. Sorry tesco you have lost my custom, sooner get savings from Aldi.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I got mine today too. I don't think they ever have anything to do with Christmas. What I love about the Tesco vouchers is that they give you money off/extra points vouchers for the things you actually buy as opposed to the generic vouchers that Dunnes send out. I don't think it's anything to get upset about. You can always use the general money off vouchers against your Christmas food. We got €11.50 and it will definitely come in handy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The vouchers you get are generally based on things you have bought before and haven't recently - I got a voucher for Persil Small & Mighty which I last topped up with in Dunnes. They aren't based on seasonality or sentiment.

There is no sense in loyalty to a supermarket retailer in the first place - I buy whatever is cheapest wherever that is. Last mailing I had over a tenner of points entirely from purchases as I'd made hay using Lidl/Aldi vouchers in Tesco for items that only they and Dunnes sold. This time I've 5.50 and 160 points of that is from surveys and Livingsocial.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Humm, lost my club card a couple of months ago. But still managed biggest a ever vouchers of 20.50. There has got to be some mistake....but one I am happy to accept

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

polydactyl wrote: »
    Humm, lost my club card a couple of months ago. But still managed biggest a ever vouchers of 20.50. There has got to be some mistake....but one I am happy to accept

Don't you need the card to spend the points?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Don't you need the card to spend the points?

Officially yes, in practice no - the coupons scan regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

I remember few years back the rewards were good. Plenty of points (todays 25 points were at least 75 before). So yeah, Tescos reward system is rubbish.

Advertisement