Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guy with Dark Circles Under Eyes

• 21-10-2015 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

I've had this problem since I was a teenager and it's doing my nut in at his stage. People constantly asking if I was out on the lash the night before or if I'm tired. Not great for the confidence

I drink loads of water and get at least 7 and a half hours sleep at night. My diet is good, plenty of fruit and veg and very little fast food. Admittedly, I do like a few pints on the weekend which doesn't help but looking at my family, specifically on my old mans side, it does seem to be a genetic trait

I'm just wondering if anyone has had success with any of the anti dark circle products on the market. I do have thin skin under the eyes so maybe something that could help in that respect

Not expecting any miracles but something that could at least reduce reduce the darkness would suffice

Any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭kickthecan

Would you consider a little bit of concealer? If you got the right product that matched your skin tone it wouldn't be noticeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I get bad dark circles under my eyes too.

Bad sleeping patterns (especially at the weekends) followed by very stressful work.

Would also like another way to his them a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭manyoung

I'd like to know a solution to this as well. I am trying to drink plenty of water and get sleep. I tried the whole teabag method, but just got tired of the effort. My skin is pale as it is and these dark circles stand out making me look unhealthy. Sorry if that's unhelpful OP, I would just love to get a solution and overcome this unlucky set of genetics.....

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Dublin21

I feel your pain.

I'm a woman but have suffered with under eye circles for as long as I can remember. Concealer does very little for me I'm afraid.
    I've tried every vitamin under the sun but no luck however I wouldn't rule them out. You could go to your gp and request a blood test to see if you are deficient in something that could be easily remedied I.e you could be low on iron etc.

I've just come back from a cosmetic clinic today where they suggested belotero fillers. I'm terrified of the thought of getting fillers but it's getting to the stage where it really is the last resort!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Smashbox Photo Op Under Eye Brightener is absolutely brilliant for covering up dark under eyes. I use it even on days I don't wear makeup. It's €22.50 in boots but you don't use much of it and as its moisturizing it spreads really easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

I am trying to get rid of an age spot on my left cheek. What I am using might or might not help reduce the dark circles.

Squeeze a fresh lemon each evening and soak a clean cottonwool with it and gently soak the area. I tend to keep applying the lemon juice for at least 15 mins and leave the cottonwool on the area for another 30 mins.
    Rinse with cool water, dry face.
    Apply Vit E oil (I buy from Naissance/Amazon.co.uk), I would suggest a drop at a time until it is absorbed into the area.

I have been doing this for only 2 weeks but my age spot is one shade lighter. It is going to take patience and perseverance. Hope it works for you guys.

LinF wrote: »
    I am trying to get rid of an age spot on my left cheek. What I am using might or might not help reduce the dark circles.

Squeeze a fresh lemon each evening and soak a clean cottonwool with it and gently soak the area. I tend to keep applying the lemon juice for at least 15 mins and leave the cottonwool on the area for another 30 mins.
    Rinse with cool water, dry face.
    Apply Vit E oil (I buy from Naissance/Amazon.co.uk), I would suggest a drop at a time until it is absorbed into the area.

I have been doing this for only 2 weeks but my age spot is one shade lighter. It is going to take patience and perseverance. Hope it works for you guys.

I think you'd see faster results and dry out the skin less (lemon juice is very astringent) if you used a vitamin C/Hyaluronic acid serum.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Graceless

Am wincing at the thoughts of lemon juice around the eyes. I'd imagine it would sting like mad!

A lack of vitamin K is the only thing I know of that is indicated with dark circles, other than hereditary factors. Vitamin K is manufactured in the gut from nutrients absorbed by leafy green vegetables like spinach. A handful of fresh spinach a day would provide more than enough VK for an adult, and if in a few weeks the circles don't improve then I'd assume there's little you can do.

Dark circles are oxidising haemoglobin in the same way a bruise is except it's just a sort of leakage of red blood cells, and the skin is so thin that it shows up much more than you would notice anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

Candie wrote: »
    I think you'd see faster results and dry out the skin less (lemon juice is very astringent) if you used a vitamin C/Hyaluronic acid serum.

Thanks Candie, actually my Monsia night repair cream contains hyaluronic acid. I will take your advice and stop the lemon juice. Will look for Vit C/hyaluronic serum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement