Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jesus of the bypass

• 28-05-2010 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

There's a facebook page dedicated to this guy ... anyone know who he is or what his story is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dollydimples82

Dunno who he is, he appears to be foreign and is forever walking the by-pass! Seems to be always on his own, sometimes shirtless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭storm2811

Seen people commenting on the facebook page saying stuff like
    "oh he's feeling the cold today,has a hoodie/big coat on"
    Would they not feckin stop and give him a lift if it's freezin out?

I hope to meet him someday to tell him all about this facebook page!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭baldbear

He's like a lad from Iraq! I wonder is he a asylum seeker? Bored out of his skull. Or maybe hes from Drumlish or somewhere exotic. I'd say he has a fierce interesting story to tell. I couldn't see him on that facebook yoke.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Never seen him, loads of my friends have, and seem to love him, despite never talking to him. Maybe I'll see him one day..

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=125219374163359

That Jesus fella who is always walking the bypass

its under groups

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I see him often - reminded me more of a skinny Sebastien Chabal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭carab

Does anyone else find it strange that a man minding his own business and bothering nobody should attract so much attention?? Its a bit much to comment on his every move and even post a pic of him?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

carab wrote: »
    Does anyone else find it strange that a man minding his own business and bothering nobody should attract so much attention?? Its a bit much to comment on his every move and even post a pic of him?
    Nope, I find it quite normal really.

carab wrote: »

I think it's excellent that Longfordians embrace and celebrate this quirky character:) Also there's not much to do in Longford:pac:

Saw jesus coming out of the Richmond court today, looks like he is a asylum seeker. Maybe this is the second coming and jesus has chosen Longford with his funky bermuda shorts and bare chest on him!:p

• Advertisement

Someone wrote into the longford Leader giving out about the facebook page dedicated to jesus. Page 8.. Hang your heads in shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,631 ✭✭✭SeanW

Hmm ... I just read the letter now, seems a clear reference to boards.ie in the first part.

And I must agree, it really is pathetic and lame, at best. According to the letter, there are 1099 regular viewers of that facebook page, if they're all individuals from Co. Longford, then I estimate 1 in 30 of us have nothing better to do than follow this one individual. It makes no sense.

Ok, life in a small town can be boring but we've got 40 pubs, a poker club, two sports teams at least ... and that's just what I can think of off the top of my head.

Yeah, I don't follow the facebook page, mainly cause I hate following pages. But it does seem kinda pointless. I saw the man for the first time the other day, just a fella walking minding his own business.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Apparently he knows about the page. The page is more of a tribute to an unknown legend in Longford! Expect a reply in either this week or next week's Leader defending it from someone. ;)

I joined - the page is dedicated to him rather than slagging him. Anyhow a lady asked him if he knew he was on facebook and he posed for a pic with her. Jesus of the bypass is bringing the people of longford together! Praise Jesus!

SeanW wrote: »
    Hmm ... And I must agree, it really is pathetic and lame, at best. According to the letter, there are 1099 regular viewers of that facebook page, if they're all individuals from Co. Longford, then I estimate 1 in 30 of us have nothing better to do than follow this one individual. It makes no sense.

its not really that there are 1099 regular viewers, pages or groups are set up and people join if you like that group/page. I have joined several pages & groups on facebook, eg: light a candle for someone you lost, because that means something to me, not because i want to stalk someone. I joined a group called mcguiness shop longford because i know it and thought it was cool he had his own page, not because i wanted to make a laugh of him.I did join Jesus of the bypass because i seen him and thought he looked like jesus, i joined and never even looked at his page, Its nothing sinister or stalking its just a fun group set up for entertainment and really is not causing any harm to the man in question or anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,631 ✭✭✭SeanW

I never said it was a question of harm. I accept that it seems to be all good fun, esp if the man is aware of the page and takes no offense.

I just think it's all a little bit lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pauro 76

Jesus of the Bypass has made it on the Sunday World, page 51. Living in London and didn't know about it, I'm in one of the pics. Article not on the website though...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bandra8126

Maybe he is Longfords own Forest Gump , remember when forest was running and the people followed him and he grew a long beard ! maybe he only intended to go as far as homebase , but decided to carry on to ballinalee road - we should all follow him and get on RTE News .

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭somuj

The guy shaved off his hair and beard when he discovered he was being refered to as "Jesus".

I wonder why :mad:

The lack of knowledge in this wonderful county never ceases to amaze me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭good logs...

just to let yous all know when someone dies from that part of the world its a tradition not to shave for awhile , if its some one close....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭antocann

any one know what happend to jesus :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 truesmiles

Didn't he get a haircut or something? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭wolfeye

Haven't seen him since good fri for some reason :p

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

Afaik he was an asylum seeker (Iraqi maybe?) living in Richmond hostel ... When the hostel closed all the residents were relocated. Funny I was only thinking about him the other day ... He was a legend.

Advertisement