Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

when does a late payment affect your credit rating?

• 04-01-2011 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question here. How late does your payment have to be , say to your credit card, before it goes on your credit rating? Also, does your bank give you an extra set of days to make the payment before they send the info to the irish credit bureau or do they give you a bit of notice?

say in the context of a minimum payment being 2 months late?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Kennie1

Once the payment is late its late and is recorded on the ICB. Had this problem with a mortgage application and had to jump through several loops to explain why the payment was late which held up the application several weeks but i had a genuine reason which the bank accepted eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Are you sure?

In the case of a payment being late say by one/2 weeks before the second month is passed, it seems it isn't recorded on your credit rating.

Correct me if Im wrong but that has happened me on several occasions and my credit rating was clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Kennie1

Yes, up until the financial crisis the banks didn't really mind once the payment was cleared within the quarter but now with stricter lending conditions they seem to be looking for any excuse to refuse an application, but maybe all the banks are not the same???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Kennie1 wrote: »
    Once the payment is late its late and is recorded on the ICB. Had this problem with a mortgage application and had to jump through several loops to explain why the payment was late which held up the application several weeks but i had a genuine reason which the bank accepted eventually.

30 days overdue is when a missed payment is recorded on the ICB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

chris85 wrote: »
    30 days overdue is when a missed payment is recorded on the ICB.

Does the bank notify you or do you need to check out your credit rating report?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

pog it wrote: »
    Does the bank notify you or do you need to check out your credit rating report?

no the bank does not need to notify you of this. Its on all account applications and credit card applications that this will be done.

Advertisement