Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tefal actifry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

Second that. Bought one for myself and liked it so much bought one for the parents. They are getting older and a bit forgetful and I didnt like the idea of a chip pan staying on around them. This thing makes lovely chips and is so easy to clean, just needs wiping with a kitchen towel actually, and theres no smell.
    Fantastic thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

in southern argos - €279
    http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=30001&catalogId=1500001801&langId=-1&searchTerms=tefal+actifry
    in northern argos - £109
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4201386/Trail/searchtext%3ETEFAL.htm

best bit of kit for the kitchen in years, an ultra healthy deep fat fryer that only needs one spoonful of oil.

As usual - Argos Ireland charging a huge price for a basic appliance.

Anyone who shops in Argos needs their heads examined as about 95% of their stock is way overpriced compared to any other stire in Ireland. (Including small independents)

This item is under €200 in most stores and €139 in Home & Cook Kildare Village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

mcaul wrote: »
    As usual - Argos Ireland charging a huge price for a basic appliance.

Anyone who shops in Argos needs their heads examined as about 95% of their stock is way overpriced compared to any other stire in Ireland. (Including small independents)

+1

It's available on Amazon for £137 (€152), and delivery is free to Eire!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,943 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Have to say I have one of these and it is fantastic!

It makes lovely chips, chicken, steak, roast vegetables and we've even used it to make frozen yorkshire puddings and to cook croissants. Everything can be done with just one spoon of oil and can be done without any at all if you prefer.

One of the great things about it is that it requires no heating up time. You just thrown what you want into it, set the timer and come back when you hear the beep and everything will be perfectly done. It saves alot on electricity compared with cooking or heating things in the oven too.I'd highly recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 silvermoon

mcaul wrote: »

This item is under €200 in most stores and €139 in Home & Cook Kildare Village.

€199 in Home and Cook, Kildare Village
    not €139 (I so so wish it was that price)!! :eek:

• Advertisement

silvermoon wrote: »
    €199 in Home and Cook, Kildare Village
    not €139 (I so so wish it was that price)!! :eek:

Still better than €279 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

€169 on the DID Electrical website. That's for a black one. Yesterday there was a white one at €149 but they must be sold out now.

I would be sorely tempted if I had the space for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I see its 134 on amazon and 150 on powercitys website

any better prices out there?

brightkane wrote: »
    I see its 134 on amazon and 150 on powercitys website

any better prices out there?

I'd be inclined to chose amazon over other stores as they have a very good returns procedure. Earlier this year my mum had to return some electronics she bought there after they broke after 6 months of use. Within 2 days of it being sent back she was refunded her money for the item and also was refunded the €40 postage cost involved in returning it. No arguing or messing as so often happens with other retailers. Just thought I'd mention it in case it was a deciding issue for anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I had one of these bought on amazon and i cancelled it hours after.
    quite a few of the reviews on amazon where shocking
    serious safety issues, not durable, lid breaking and tefals
    non existent cs etc etc
    I wanted this pretty bad nonetheless.
    vid wont play here but worth a read when it made watchdog

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2008/11/chip_pans_up_in_smoke.html

• Advertisement

wow, didnt realise that, thanks for the heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

God some of those people love their chips! Four times a week, I'd be sick of them after a month.

Glad to see this as will definitely put it on the long finger now. Perhaps Tefal have improved the product safety, as the last comment was almost a year ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

idk if this is off topic but my sisters caught fire!!! :eek::eek::eek: thankfully though no damage was done (except plastic on the counter i suppose but BEWERE

its 150 in powercity and did this weekend

€158 inc. delivery and Irish VAT from amazon.co.uk . They're very good for returns if you encounter a problem with something down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

D.I.D. electrical have a sale on this weekend and this is down to €149.99

deisemum wrote: »
    D.I.D. electrical have a sale on this weekend and this is down to €149.99

That's nearly half the price it is in Argos!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

Kelle 2 wrote: »
    That's nearly half the price it is in Argos!!!

It just shows it pays to shop around if you're not in a rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭ozmo

deisemum wrote: »
    It just shows it pays to shop around if you're not in a rush.

Just to add - think that was cheaper because it might have been an old model they were clearing out -

the new model is actually cheaper in Argos Ireland than any of the northern ireland stores and quite a few online....

shock..:P

Argos UK: £169.97
    Argos IE: €159.99

The newer model - dont know full differences - but seems a different catch inside I think...different wattage reported on one website and images show a different logo (see attached).

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Interested in the new model. The picture of the one on argos looks like the old model though?

If you buy one, do not use olive oil!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055980678

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Picked one today from DID. Asked them to price match Argos and they did and knocked a further 2 euro off to make it 158 Euro. Didn't bother to check if it is the new model in Argos or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,039 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Sorry for dragging up an old thread but what are people cooking in theirs, can't look at another sausage or chip. Need some inspiration folks!!:)

Got mine for €99 in harvey norman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭ozmo

Sorry for dragging up an old thread but what are people cooking in theirs, can't look at another sausage or chip. Need some inspiration folks!!:)

yeah - sausages and chips seems to be easiest and work well (dont even need any oil at all for those).

Tried frozen Cod fillets and fishfingers - didnt work out very well -the blades stripped all the batter off and what was left tasted a bit rubbery - not good :p

Are they still selling for 99 anywhere? I know someone who wants one.

“Roll it back”

Chicken is nice if you cut it into strips and throw it in.

Also spicy wedges and spicy chicken are good. If you cut potatoes into wedges, and then cut chicken into strips and toss the chicken in a bowl with spices, something like the fajitta mix that old El Passo make. If you put the potatoes in first and throw the marinated chicken in ten minutes later,the spice ends up coating the potatoes too and you end up with lovely spicy wedges and chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 N O REILLY

Anyone know where I can get mine fixed in Dublin in rep of Ireland?
    It's brand new but never worked from new.
    Got it as a wedding present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

N O REILLY wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get mine fixed in Dublin in rep of Ireland?
    It's brand new but never worked from new.
    Got it as a wedding present.

Groupe SEB Service Dublin
    Telro Ltd
    Unit B3 Aerodrome Business Park
    Rathcoole
    CO. Dublin
    Ireland
    Email Address : repairsdublin@groupeseb.ie
    TEL NO: (01) 401 8448

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 wicklowtown

its selling today for 139.19euro check out the below link