Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Accident Rathmines 15th October 6.30pm

Options
  • 11-11-2014 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Odd question, I was involved in a small accident on the Upper Rathmines Road on the 15th October. The coppers were called but sent off all my witnesses and I didn't think at the time to get their details. Anyways I'm being held liable but there was a cyclist that came on the scene just after it happened that saw the driver that hit me run a red light about a minute away in a serious hurry just before he hit me.
    Any idea how I could find this guy, he was really nice.... I could really do with some help on this, it was a small accident but i've solictors letters etc coming in the door and could do with a dig out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Have you insurance? If so forward the letters to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

jenjoeful wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Odd question, I was involved in a small accident on the Upper Rathmines Road on the 15th October. The coppers were called but sent off all my witnesses and I didn't think at the time to get their details. Anyways I'm being held liable but there was a cyclist that came on the scene just after it happened that saw the driver that hit me run a red light about a minute away in a serious hurry just before he hit me.
    Any idea how I could find this guy, he was really nice.... I could really do with some help on this, it was a small accident but i've solictors letters etc coming in the door and could do with a dig out.

No weight to that claim I'm afraid unless CCTV exists if it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭jenjoeful

Rightwing wrote: »
    No weight to that claim I'm afraid unless CCTV exists if it.

Yes I have insurance and they are fighting it out between them but I'm being held liable it appears and I'm trying anything and I'm not to blame! But that aside.... I just want to know about the witness.

Rightwing the insurance company have asked to see could I get this guy as they fight it out for liability. This is why I'm enquiring/chancing my arm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Can you describe the accident?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭jenjoeful

I could but if prefer not even to go into it too much. But it's a fender bender but an expensive one. Insurance handling it and all so I just hate getting letters about it so trying to see what I can do to defend myself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

jenjoeful wrote: »
    Yes I have insurance and they are fighting it out between them but I'm being held liable it appears and I'm trying anything and I'm not to blame! But that aside.... I just want to know about the witness.

Rightwing the insurance company have asked to see could I get this guy as they fight it out for liability. This is why I'm enquiring/chancing my arm

It would be very hard really to locate the cyclist. Maybe in the small chance he is a member of boards, post it in the cycling forum here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Perhaps go back to the scene at the same time tomorrow. Could be a commuter that passes there daily

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Perhaps go back to the scene at the same time tomorrow. Could be a commuter that passes there daily

This is your best chance imo. Most commuters I know rarely change their route...only trouble is trying to find what days they cycle. A lot of luck will be involved.

Advertisement