Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Things can't be that bad! :D Imagine if he's reading this and see's that I steal my lines from other people, now that would be bad!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JimBob777

newbee22 wrote: »
    Things can't be that bad! :D Imagine if he's reading this and see's that I steal my lines from other people, now that would be bad!! :o

Yes im not impressed :mad:.............
    Ah im just kidding,,its not me :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I've just had my first message from a chick. I'm almost absurdly flattered...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Larianne, I mailed attractive girl with no profile info as per your egging on. NO reply as of yet, but I like to think we have attained some sort of moral victory.

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I've just had my first message from a chick. I'm almost absurdly flattered...

Go on.... :pac:

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »

I won't embarrass the girl; her spelling was so poor... but it's nice to know I have options if the whole menfolk thing doesn't work out for me, ha ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Larianne, I mailed attractive girl with no profile info as per your egging on. NO reply as of yet, but I like to think we have attained some sort of moral victory.

:D

Keep us updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

I won't embarrass the girl; her spelling was so poor... but it's nice to know I have options if the whole menfolk thing doesn't work out for me, ha ha!

Good to keep the options open! Could be fun too ;-)

So, I've spotted a guy from Beautiful People who I fancy the pants off on POF. Decisions, decisions...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

are they a good looking couple?

Very. :cool:

Must be a trap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

So, I've spotted a guy from Beautiful People who I fancy the pants off on POF. Decisions, decisions...

Mail him obviously.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Mail him obviously.

Here's where it gets awkward - he's quite well-known in a field I have an interest in and I really don't want him to think I'm just being a groupie. There's a function for said field on Saturday that we'll both be at, so I'm thinking that if I message him and he doesn't reply, I'm going to look like the world's biggest stalker come Saturday, ha ha!

I should point out that I actually fancied him long before I copped who he was!

I think I'll just leave it. Til after Saturday, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Here's where it gets awkward - he's quite well-known in a field I have an interest in

It's not Tom Berenger is it? :pac:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_2OlE2GMCqk3neyc0cUD7zShC4fmMQMXKk8Kq1RppwuQ4U9aaiEnqQX8n

---

Instead of waiting until after Saturday you could talk to him face to face. ;)

---

No, Sean Bean...

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

I have had the funniest message back & forth today. It started with llama wrestling (if that rings a bell for anyone please say hi) & continued from there. Certainly a nice way to lighten the day! :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Had a very successful date on Sunday night, the cocktails and chat were flowing! He texted yesterday about meeting up again but nothing's been set up yet.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

---

michael.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

I've never actually used the "Meet Me" feature and I've never checked who wants to meet me. If they want to meet me badly enough, they'll send me a message!

ETA that the same applies to me; if I want to meet someone, I'll just message them.

I've tried to use the Meet Me thing but it doesn't seem to be operating for me at all! My account is broken waaaah :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

hi all, just signed up to pof yest few questions will the site always send an alert email to your hotmail etc when you get a msg?

also i have my profile set up and am happy wit leaving it up till i get a msg from someone whos interested, is it better to mingle daily or is it jus better to leave it to the back of your mind and check it every week or so, just wodering as i see a lot of 'online today' from people......wonder do people just look at people who are online daily.... i msged somebody who was online a several weeks ago so it wouldnt bother me if somebody wasnt active on the site i still look thru old profiles

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Ankhyu wrote: »
    I've tried to use the Meet Me thing but it doesn't seem to be operating for me at all! My account is broken waaaah :'(

Make sure your location - city and county are set correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Larianne wrote: »
    Make sure your location - city and county are set correctly.

Aha! It worked, thank you :)

Larianne wrote: »
    :D

Keep us updated.

No reply. I guess openly mocking people isn't the best way to kick things off with someone. Who knew! :confused:
    No, Sean Bean...

Better hurry so. he's due to be killed in a hail of bullets/arrows any day now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Damn it, it's bloody happened......ive fallen for someone off POF!!

Met up with a lovely lady a year older than me, had 3 dates (a walk, drive/shopping trip, dinner and drinks), even had our first snog at the end of the 3rd date.

We are both teachers, she lives down the country and went home for the Easter break (the 3 dates were all in the week before the holidays). We had arranged the 4th date for a few days before she left but as she was busy she asked if I didnt mind postponing it until after the holidays, though she said it was a great idea.

I txt her on Easter Sunday wishing her a happy easter (got no response - which I dont mind as she may not want to be reminded of where she works) so I decided not to contact her until she returned on Sunday last.

I txt her 2 days ago, just general stuff like, "hope you had a good easter and that your first day back was not too stressful. Do you fancy meeting up again now that you are back?". As of yet I have received no response.

I was thinking of leaving it until Sunday (as her first week back may be tough, with Juniour Cert practical exams on), and then calling her to find out what the story is. What do you think?

I just really like her and we have spoken about the way you have to ignore people on POF if you dont like their messages but I think we have gone beyond that stage of it being ok to ignore me??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,265 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

padz wrote: »
    hi all, just signed up to pof yest few questions will the site always send an alert email to your hotmail etc when you get a msg?

also i have my profile set up and am happy wit leaving it up till i get a msg from someone whos interested, is it better to mingle daily or is it jus better to leave it to the back of your mind and check it every week or so, just wodering as i see a lot of 'online today' from people......wonder do people just look at people who are online daily.... i msged somebody who was online a several weeks ago so it wouldnt bother me if somebody wasnt active on the site i still look thru old profiles

Yeah you will be notified when you get a mail. Personally I dont bother mailing anyone on POF anymore as they rarely reply. I have a pic up so if they are interested they can mail me.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

I was thinking of leaving it until Sunday (as her first week back may be tough, with Juniour Cert practical exams on), and then calling her to find out what the story is. What do you think?

Another smackerel of my advice. You are being ignored. A text takes 2 minutes to write. "hectic with exams, call me Monday" is only 6 words & took less than 30 seconds to write.

**note - I took my own assvice yesterday & left well enough alone. I was disappointed but I'm better for it**

Coffee on Friday arranged with the llama guy. It was a full day of conversation (100 messages on the site, 80 emails and then 4 hours of gtalk)... Too much?

I just really like her and we have spoken about the way you have to ignore people on POF if you dont like their messages but I think we have gone beyond that stage of it being ok to ignore me??

Sounds like she has found somebody else or lost interest in you but is too cowardly to give you the time / decency to tell you. Happens a lot (and it's not exclusive to people you meet online either) these days. As Lotwan said, it takes a few seconds to take a text. If she's not willing to spare a precious minute of her life for you then she's being extremely rude and not worth your time.
    And yes, it has gone well beyond the stage where it is okay for her to simply ignore you, but people can be rude dicks like that.
    It's happened to a few times at this point. It sucks donkey balls when it happens, especially if thing had appeared to be going extremely well, but the best thing you can do is move on and forget her.
    As an aside, personally I like to text them to tell them how rude they have been and how they lack common courtesy. It never achieves anything, but damn I don't like the idea of just letting them away with being so callous.

No reply. I guess openly mocking people isn't the best way to kick things off with someone. Who knew! :confused:

That's the only way I kick things off with someone.... may explain why I am single. :pac:

Maguined wrote: »
    That's the only way I kick things off with someone.... may explain why I am single. :pac:

and why we hang out at beers?

and why we hang out at beers?

Nah that's just cause you are awesome.

381359_10150511112084307_729209306_11184333_171041236_n.jpg

After a drought I have gotten 3 messages from different ladies recently. I feel like such a slut. :o

• Advertisement

Guilty as charged.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement