Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

21st century parenting/child

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

amdublin wrote: »
    I missed it. What was said?

Basically that it probably would have some affect on Caoimhe.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

The children and families are certainly put under the microscope - but the families are given lots of support and helpful advice in relation to some of the issues that they are facing - maybe the families are grateful for the help and guidance from professionals. This could be a reason why they do it???
    I know David, he lives down the road from me and he is a very genuine guy but personally, I'd hate for my child to appear on a programme like this, it is an awful intrusion on the child's privacy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

These boldies :D

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I know David, he lives down the road from me and he is a very genuine guy but personally, I'd hate for my child to appear on a programme like this, it is an awful intrusion on the child's privacy.

David does seem like a nice guy indeed.

He was the guest speaker at a conference I went to a few years ago and I was very impressed by him.

This lady is my favourite Mammy!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

This lady is my favourite Mammy!

There's no rubbish about these parents

Survival of the fittest in a family of 9!

Aaaaagh! These pair WRECK my head :mad:

Survival of the fittest in a family of 9!

A quietly confident child.

Richard gives me a laugh!

• Advertisement

Do the waiting/marshmallow test on them!!! :D

Richard gives me a laugh!

He's persistent! :P

I don't remember seeing much of Conor. Who was his family?

I don't remember seeing much of Conor. Who was his family?

Leonora :confused:

I don't remember them either :confused:

Richard is a real little man!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

David does seem like a nice guy indeed.

He was the guest speaker at a conference I went to a few years ago and I was very impressed by him.
    His wife is a psychologist too, they have done alot of fundraising for the local Steiner school. David has given talks to raise funds etc.

Richard "I'll be in, in a minneh" :D

Richard independently brushing his own teeth!

Richard independently brushing his own teeth!

He's been doing that for ages! :pac:

Are Dee's family not co-sleeping any more?

• Advertisement

I wonder when we will see these families and children again.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

amdublin wrote: »
    Do the waiting/marshmallow test on them!!! :D

I was wondering what you were talking about..

The Marshmallow Test

Advertisement