Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

American Eagle (Clothing)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

the quality and price of their stuff is what makes it so popular, that and ae,af,hollister are considered trendy to some people

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Dopey

Beware folks. They are not doing returns now to Ireland. It's not worth purchasing and paying shipping both ways if the sizes are wonky (like I experienced)

Dear AE Shopper,

Thank you for your recent exchange. Unfortunately, we do not accept exchanges on international orders. A credit has been issued to your account for the merchandise that was returned. Please allow 1-2 billing cycles for this credit to be posted back to your account.

If you would like to place a new order, don't hesitate to call us at 1-888-232-4535 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week).

Thanks for being a part of the American Eagle brand!

Sincerely,

Your Friends @ AE.com

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

In fairness the size chart they have is pretty accurate and if it says vintage fit its going to fit smaller, its not rocket science like.

razorblunt wrote: »
    In fairness the size chart they have is pretty accurate and if it says vintage fit its going to fit smaller, its not rocket science like.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭juror

Just got about 100 euros worth of stuff there ... customs added on an additional 46.20 :(

I got 5 items all size medium, i'm not completely satisfied. One item is a hoody and it looks more like a size XL, its like wearing a parachute.
    Another item is an orange polo which has a dirty black mark in the middle of it :mad: and i'm thinking its not worth my while returning anything

Not convinced that i'll be shopping from them again

• Advertisement

juror wrote: »
    Just got about 100 euros worth of stuff there ... customs added on an additional 46.20 :(

I got 5 items all size medium, i'm not completely satisfied. One item is a hoody and it looks more like a size XL, its like wearing a parachute.
    Another item is an orange polo which has a dirty black mark in the middle of it :mad: and i'm thinking its not worth my while returning anything

Not convinced that i'll be shopping from them again

I wouldn't bother returning it. I bought items that cost 52.53 Euro that included shipping. I paid over 16 Euro to exchange. The said that they don't do exchanges. The credited my account with 33.92 Euro. You lose out on the exchange rate with the refund.

The clothes weren't far off my size. The jeans were too big and the polo shirt a bit tight. I was going to keep them but thought I might aswell be 100% happy and paid the return.

I won't be going back. 36 Euro down the hole. Bunch of tossers. :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

razorblunt wrote: »

is a vntage fit in jeans?

I've getting a large in tshirts. Hopefully that should be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

kearnsr wrote: »
    is a vntage fit in jeans?

I've getting a large in tshirts. Hopefully that should be ok
    Vintage/Classic fit is in the tops - with Vintage fit more figure hugging
    and tighter.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Vintage/Classic fit is in the tops - with Vintage fit more figure hugging
    and tighter.

yeah copped that before I placed the order so I should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

My order went from o'hare to ottawa?! Did anyone else's order go through canada?

Now anpost are saying that its:

ITEM RECEIVED PORTLAOISE OVR CO LAOIS 8 May 08

that a good sign?

By the way, the order is worth $184 (including shipping)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

My credit card statement was charged to Ottawa as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Mine also arrived into Ireland this morning, how or when do you find out if the customs guys have hit you up ??.... I would imagine if it arrived this morning that it should be out for delivery tomorrow???

Actually just checked an post track and trace and its showing as on route to customer.... so should get it tomorrow. Does this mean its made it through customs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

pissed wrote: »
    Mine also arrived into Ireland this morning, how or when do you find out if the customs guys have hit you up ??.... I would imagine if it arrived this morning that it should be out for delivery tomorrow???

Actually just checked an post track and trace and its showing as on route to customer.... so should get it tomorrow. Does this mean its made it through customs ?

I have the exact same message....

My friend who ordered the day before me has this on the an post tracking::

ITEM SENT TO CUSTOMS 7 May 08
    ITEM SENT TO CUSTOMS PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOISE 7 May 08
    ITEM RECEIVED PORTLAOISE OVR CO LAOIS 7 May 08

His order was $120....mine was $184

Mine has::

ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOISE 8 May 08

Activity

ITEM SENT TO CUSTOMS PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOISE 8 May 08
    ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOISE 8 May 08

Argh.... just after checking and parcel status is now showing as sent to customs :eek:.... is this a standard procedure or is it a certain that i'll be hit with a bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭inspiron6000

Argh.... just after checking and parcel status is now showing as sent to customs :eek:.... is this a standard procedure or is it a certain that i'll be hit with a bill?

This happened to me, think everything has to be sent through them. Doesnt mean they'll charge you.

finally after I dont know how many cancelled orders my last order just shipped!

Now to wait 5-12 working days

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pilot1087

My order status is saying the same... don't remember any of the tracking status saying that on previous orders.. usually just says arrived in Portlaoise.. and then its delivered.

Fingers crossed

mmm still showing as at customs in Portlaoise :mad:... no delivery today I guess.

mmm still showing as at customs in Portlaoise :mad:... no delivery today I guess.

There was a notice of delivery in the letter box when I got home today (nobody to answer when postman came).. so it's here now.. no mention of customs on the notice

pilot1087 wrote: »
    There was a notice of delivery in the letter box when I got home today (nobody to answer when postman came).. so it's here now.. no mention of customs on the notice

I think it usually says if there is customs due or not

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I think it usually says if there is customs due or not

+1

there is a box to fill if charges due. just to say tho they often don't fill them properly, sometimes their even impossible to read they fill them so quick

well so far anytime I've had to go and collect the parcel there's never been a charge

Still in Portlaoise and postie has been and gone. At this rate it will take longer to get from Portlaoise that it did to get from the states :mad:

Got charged €60 by customs :(

I've been trying to track my order for awhile. The tracking number links to a page that AE says is haugh work done to it and try again later. Its been like that for days.
    Any one else have the same problem?

I've been trying to track my order for awhile. The tracking number links to a page that AE says is haugh work done to it and try again later. Its been like that for days.
    Any one else have the same problem?

Hi Kearnsr,

I was having that problem as well... If you go to the actual USPS website you should be able to track the order there by using the tracking number.. also if it has entered Ireland you can track it via the An Post website.

Hope this helps,
    Regards

pilot1087 wrote: »
    Hi Kearnsr,

I was having that problem as well... If you go to the actual USPS website you should be able to track the order there by using the tracking number.. also if it has entered Ireland you can track it via the An Post website.

Hope this helps,
    Regards

Just realised I was looking up ups rather than usps. Dumb ass!

pilot1087 Got charged €60 by customs

How much was your order after discount and including postage so I will know how much to expect to pay..... latest status on my order is released from customs and on way to customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

How much was your order after discount and including postage so I will know how much to expect to pay..... latest status on my order is released from customs and on way to customer.

Customs will charge you on the price before discount (cant figure that out)
    and include the postage cost. I was charged €47 on one order with total
    value of USD 160. I've had other orders ranging from USD120-USD185
    and didn't get charged anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

one of the t-shirts i ordered is to small if i return it will they change it and post back a bigger size

Advertisement