Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you teach your daughters to "be safe"?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

It seems to me that a lot of the discussion above is about preventative measures. But what happens if the worst comes to the worst? If your son or daughter was raped/mugged/assaulted, are you confident that they would come to you for support? If they would not come to you, are you satisfied that they have some role model in their life that they could confide in?

I personally have no answer to this. I raise this point because I am aware of some mistakes I have made with one of our sons - which has resulted in him losing trust in my wife & I. While I am confident that over time this particular wound will heal, I am a bit concerned that in the meantime, he wont talk to any of us, & that is a concern.

-FoxT

Advertisement