Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else watching Jools?

124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

MrsD007 wrote: »
    ... I feel like sending my licence fee to the BBC this year :mad:
    You can't unless you give up your telly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Wertz wrote: »
    Anyone sitting up for glastonbury best bits?
    Watched most of it but great to see some of it again.

Recording it now, looking forward to watching Elbow tomorrow :))

Goodnight, and a Happy New Year to all . . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Auvers wrote: »
    tut tut why post in the thread about the show if you dont like it :confused:

guess your just an angry person with nothing else to do

Why not? SO nobody can post on boards unless they like something?

This is by far the worst Jools I have seen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

well done to bbc this year.

RTE need to listen and learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭NedLowry

Not one of the better Jools shows but still the best thing on tonight. As for RTE... Jesus wept.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Were you watching the year Dizzee rascal was on it Nick? Now I like Dizzee, but he was crap on it, and he wasn't the only one that year. On the other hand I can't abide by Paolo Nutini and he changed my mind about him in a couple of songs on that same night. All in it was still a good show. 2007/08 was terrible as well IMO, Mika? Duffy? Still all in a decent watch.
    Nostalgia ain't what it used to be... there are clangers on it every year and on the other hand people you may not have heard of or performers you'd a previous poor opinion on can shine and some just conform to type; Morrison tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Each year I have tuned in briefly to RTE, only to be embarrassed by their so-called New Years 'eggstravanza'. Its only when I tune over to Jules that I realise the extent of the mans power for New Years.

Every year the man has the budget .... haw he doesnt need a budget. The people on the show must be delighted to show up for a nominal fee to be featured on his show. Even our own Imelda May was on tonights show with Cindi Lauper and Jessie J.

The New Years eve celebrations just wouldn't be the same without Jules's Hootenanny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

mathepac wrote: »
    You can't unless you give up your telly.

whats a telly mines a 42 in "monitor" :D seriously though the licence fee is a joke but thats a topic for another day.

Advertisement