Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Please & Thank you

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Peared wrote: »
    My thank yous are inversely proportional to the politeness of the person behind the counter. When served with no eye contact, speech or recognition of my presence at all whatsoever (can I mention P***r C**y?) I say a huge loud Thank You Very Much Indeed Thats Great Thanks For Your Help Really Appreciate It Goodbye Now Have A Nice Day Fab Dabee Dozee.

Yeah so I may look like a mentaller but it gets my point across.

Cannot stand lack of manners, surely goes against natural instinct, no? Depends what you grow up with I spose.

I thought I was the only one!

The other one I like with ignorant shop assistants (they aren't all like this of course) is to start with "Sorry to interrupt your texting..."

Its amazing how many of them say "yah, no bother"...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

baraca wrote: »
    Also, If you walk past someone and it's only the two of you around do you always say hello?
    Not a good practice if you are an attractive female in a large metropolitan area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Not a good practice if you are an attractive female in a large metropolitan area.

Yeah, but what do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭UrbanFox

A real pisser is to hold a door open for someone only for them to walk straight through and utterly ignore you. I deal with them by shouting "thank you" rather loudly on their heels. Mind you, even that gets ignored by the genetically ignorant....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 littlemizz

aw bad manners iritate da fcuk out of me!:mad:excuse my language but it really does my nut in!! i work part time in a shop and i am ALWAYS polite to each and every customer even if they snap at me and call me names!just because you have a bad day there is absolutely no need to take it out on innocent strangers! i may b sarcastic in my reply but only if they purposly go out of their way to be rude. some people get a kick out of degrading shop assistants, while some people wouldnt even wate their breath by saying "hello" let alone "thank you"i always say please and thank you without even needing to think about it, its just instinctivly there! a simple "cheers" is sufficient! :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Cionnfhaolaidh

Me: "Get I get a packet of Drum Light please"
    Shop: Puts it on counter
    Me: Hand the money "cheers"
    Shop: Thanks
    Me: Receive change "cheers"
    Shop: Cheers
    Me: See ye
    Shop: Thanks

It's hilarious, but so automatic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 littlemizz