Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

anybody like this show??

• 26-04-2004 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭

1982-1984 THE YOUNG ONES
    BBC

12 episodes,they decided on quality over quantity and it's very underrated.

((I have the R1 complete series 1+2,with extras-if anybody is interested))

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭palance

The young ones is a legendary comedy, my mate is the splitting image of Neil the Hippy too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭butch9850

Who do i like the best?.
    Neil the hippy rocks
    Then there's the crazy lunatic who bashes the house in,i loved him in "bottom" too.
    The small guy was cool,because u had to laugh every time,just the way he said or did things..he was tiny.

Crazy humour nowadays?i don't see any sitcom that was as crazy as THe Young ones and got away with it on screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

Vivian ruled that show, and his hamster to a lesser extent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭butch9850

Amazing how the BBC ruled with comedy...
    American comedies,only a handful can be funny..and i even hated Friends.

Fawlty Towers only had 12 episodes as well....these are classics that don't have to go on for commercial ratings or money....like FRiends.Which i find quietly heartening that i am of a select few that appreciate true comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Amazing how the BBC ruled with comedy

Yeah for a while at least, I don't think much of british comedy at the moment. Except for C4's Black Books.

I like most american comdies but generally the play and make them to death.

Espically Friends even though I like that series.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Young Ones was okay - I think it sort of pased me by when first shown and I was just too old by the time I caught the repeats - though the last one which featured a parody of Summer Holliday complete with "Cliff!"
    was neat. I thought Bottom was much better...and that was even sillier :)

http://www.tvtome.com/YoungOnes/guide.html check that guest list!

As for Brit-coms that are good - its down to quality over width. Most only managed 6 episodes a run and only a couple or three series so the central format/idea does'nt have time to get wearisome.

Mike.

Advertisement