Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Photos: Hardware

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I like it. There should be a test where if you recognise too many of those accessories and fixtures you have to acknowledge that you maybe need to chill out on the gun nerdery...

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Sika_Stalker

patrick the super cant say anything to you as long as you have got a good reason for having it plus i get on very well with my local sargent
    sorry it took so long for replys but the crowd im staying with just got a high speed connection

HEZZ that rifle is a few years old now
    it was bought back when the pound was stronger then sterling
    you'll win a prize if you guess the price tag:D:D:D
    kidding

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Sparks wrote: »
    I'm usually reluctant to post humour items in here, but this one was simply too good to pass up:

m4-carbine-accessories.jpg

Not that 'humourous' really, it's the modular nature of the M4 Carbine that makes it such a popular weapon- adaptable to any situation ;)

...he he, Barbie for men... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

HEZZ that rifle is a few years old now
    it was bought back when the pound was stronger then sterling
    you'll win a prize if you guess the price tag:D:D:D
    kidding

T'was none too cheap so;) its nice to have a classy piece in the collection though. some day perhaps.......:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

.243 wrote: »
    (i still have the other bolt handle hezz !!)

Are you up for a round of golf then????:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Traded rem 700 lvsf .223 for tikka t3 super varmint .223 :D:D:D

PICT0169.jpg

PICT0171.jpg

PICT0172.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

boc121 wrote: »
    Traded rem 700 lvsf .223 for tikka t3 super varmint .223 :D:D:D

I hear they'd shoot the proverbials off a fly at 200yds. What's it like in this dept? And BTW, how much did it set you back?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Have'nt hit any flies yet but found it very accurate straight off,hitting the spot at 150 have to get it threaded though.€1280 new from Paul O Halloran in tipp sound man. Deighted with it.:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Yep, ya cant go wrong with Paul, has he renovated that fancy showroom yet? ;):D:D lovely looking gun. BTW how do you find the ranging scope at night for foxes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

I was up there two weeks ago, and it was still a construction site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

That M4 is some DIY kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭quackquackBOOM

people sure are putting up some nice equiptment on the site now love the rifle .243 she looks the part.hows the weather back home effecting the hunting this summer im sure the rabbits and foxes are scarce

Whatever about bunnies, I've never seen so many foxes about before. The place is absolutely crawling with them. I could see a distinct lack of pheasants this year with the numbers of them and the flooding.

On a hardware related note, the good folk at Grunig and Elmiger have offered me an RS II stock at a discount, and I'm having to suppress myself in order not to entirely break the piggy bank. Here it is, with the G&E action, rather than my slightly less snazzy Anschutz action.

ST200linksimRSIILinksblau.jpg?t=1220705250

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Nice collection there Sika. (I'd hate to be coughing up the licence fees every year though) :D

On a hardware related note, the good folk at Grunig and Elmiger have offered me an RS II stock at a discount, and I'm having to suppress myself in order not to entirely break the piggy bank. Here it is, with the G&E action, rather than my slightly less snazzy Anschutz action.

ST200linksimRSIILinksblau.jpg?t=1220705250

It may be able to shoot the eyelashes of a gnat at a hundred yards IWM, but I have to say man that that is the most disgusting looking thing I've ever seen described as a rifle. :eek::D Each to his own I guess.

Ah, it'll look better in black and silver, or black and hot lime if I can convince them to paint it up for me. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

The G&E is not too bad, but it does suffer a bit from Merc syndrome (ie, sure it's a great car, but it's a Merc so you have to be a bit of an eejit to drive one :D ).
    The quick release lugs at the cheekpiece and buttplate are a bit of a waste though - I ordered them for my 2013 stock and after using them for a fortnight, consigned them to the bottom of the toolkit. You just don't want your cheekpiece or buttplate to release quickly at the end of the day :D

Besides, seen Martinov's stock lately? :D

Sparks wrote: »
    The G&E is not too bad, but it does suffer a bit from Merc syndrome (ie, sure it's a great car, but it's a Merc so you have to be a bit of an eejit to drive one :D ).
    The quick release lugs at the cheekpiece and buttplate are a bit of a waste though - I ordered them for my 2013 stock and after using them for a fortnight, consigned them to the bottom of the toolkit. You just don't want your cheekpiece or buttplate to release quickly at the end of the day :D

Besides, seen Martinov's stock lately? :D

Pfft, at the price I'm being offered it for, I'll take being a bit of an eejit! :p

It'll be a while yet most likely, however, as I've other stuff in the financial pot at the moment.

• Advertisement

Got the phone call this afternoon from my F.O. Took a week from shopping to purchase to collection.

Thanks to all for the advice on which calibre to get. I read up/researched all posts & spoke to different people & chose the Remington 700 VTR .308.

Here she is fully dressed...

nice looking rifle, do tell us how it shoots and i just hope the scope can handle the recoil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

sweet rig T911, happy hunting:D

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Trojan911 wrote: »
    Got the phone call this afternoon from my F.O. Took a week from shopping to purchase to collection.

Thanks to all for the advice on which calibre to get. I read up/researched all posts & spoke to different people & chose the Remington 700 VTR .308.

Thats a nice bit of kit you got there trojan, great news on your application coming throught so quick. Enjoy safe shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

looking good

nice looking rifle, do tell us how it shoots and i just hope the scope can handle the recoil

Took her out for a zero yesterday as the weather was good down my neck of the woods. Zeroed for 200 yds using Remington FMJ 150gr. Happy enough but I want to fine tune it.

There is not much of a recoil however, only being used to shooting a .223 with a 45gr bullet I still have to get used to the difference in recoil (managed to get a bruised cheek so far).

The scope seems to handling ok. No issues as yet. Ear defenders, as always, a must. I forgot to put them on for one shot & suffered the consequence.

Overall, very impressed, but will continue to practice & fine tune it for a week or so before going out for deer.

Cheers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭tiny-nioclas

Well wear trojan, that rifle is exactly what i want now :)

Don't mean to be a prude Trojan, but why is your bipod on backwards?:confused:

Don't mean to be a prude Trojan, but why is your bipod on backwards?:confused:

It suits me that way. I've always mounted them this way. It does not interfere with the handling when closed.

• Advertisement

It suits me that way. I've always mounted them this way. It does not interfere with the handling when closed.

Cool :o My bad

Advertisement