Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sky Boxsets changes 30th of September

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

As a non sky hd subscriber

most of the sky channels in the original bundle have switched today to HD ones

I checked my sky account, no changes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

ftakeith wrote: »
    As a non sky hd subscriber

most of the sky channels in the original bundle have switched today to HD ones

I checked my sky account, no changes
    Seen that earlier, RTE 2 @ CH102 has moved to CH115 and RTE 2 HD is now @ CH102

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Seen that earlier, RTE 2 @ CH102 has moved to CH115 and RTE 2 HD is now @ CH102

sky atlantic HD is now 108 on my sky box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I'm confused. I got a letter last week saying I had box sets until 30/4/15 but my parents got a letter saying 30/9/14. Can anyone confirm which is actually correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Wellyd wrote: »
    I'm confused. I got a letter last week saying I had box sets until 30/4/15 but my parents got a letter saying 30/9/14. Can anyone confirm which is actually correct?
    No idea what the deal is with the dates, I got 30/09/2014. I've been in contact with Sky and according to them the date for the service ending for non-HD subscribers is 30/09/2014.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

hellboy99 wrote: »
    No idea what the deal is with the dates, I got 30/09/2014. I've been in contact with Sky and according to them the date for the service ending for non-HD subscribers is 30/09/2014.

I have been in contract with sky since November 13 whereas my parents have
    easily been with them about 12+ years. I wonder does this have something to do with the different dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭RichT

';jhghkl;
    ?,m 7dxq jn96w]#`1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Got the same call the other day and let them have it on the phone. I'm paying them €80 a month already for my package and now they want to take more money. I have no interest in the HD pack only the boxsets which should be provided for me anyway.

Cut off last night in the middle of watching the walking dead. I'm seriously considering moving to UPC . Very annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

So what's the family bundle??? That was mentioned somewhere...

(yeah 7.5GB isn't much but if you're not downloading boxsets anymore then do you really did a big download limit?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Desperate that I have more HD channels with my Freesat HD box than a good proportion of Sky customers have who pay sine sort of monthly sub.

In fairness they should at least give people all the free to air HD channels for free.

With my Freesat HD box, Saorview, a well specced media box (Popcorn Hour A400) and Netflix, Sky won't be getting any money from me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

So what's the family bundle??? That was mentioned somewhere...

(yeah 7.5GB isn't much but if you're not downloading boxsets anymore then do you really did a big download limit?)

Its a UK bundle. It looks like Sky are trying to bring Ireland and the UK into line with packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

I got a call from Sky on Sept 19th offering me a deal of €5 a month for HD (and box sets) for 12 months instead of the normal €15. I decided to take it but today got my next bill and found they are charging me the full €15 !!! Not impressed :mad:

Rang them and was told the €5 deal was 'mis-sold' by a partner and was no longer on their system and only thing they could offer was half price of €7.50. They did however accept that I had been offered the €5 deal. I cancelled the HD fully and just went back to the basic package but for anyone else who was offered this €5 deal I recommend checking your bills!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

I've got 3 calls since the start of the month offering me HD deals. The first two were for half price and I didn't get as far as finding out how much the third offer was as I stopped her & told her I just wasn't interested when she said she was ringing with a HD offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Went to watch some west wing today and it wouldnt work. Came across this thread then . We didn't get a letter or anything.

Really bad move for sk . It was the final straw for me and I cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

jonny666 wrote: »
    Went to watch some west wing today and it wouldnt work. Came across this thread then . We didn't get a letter or anything.

Really bad move for sk . It was the final straw for me and I cancelled

Well done - that's the only way they're going to sit up and take notice.

l'll looking into my options for cancelling too. I have multi room and paying an extra €15 for that already and then they're trying to bully me into paying an extra €15 for HD/Box sets. They've ****ed me right off - l'm with them 20 Years !! l'm sick ****e of their greed. l'd ring up to complain but l'll only get some person in customer service doing their job but l'd love to talk to whoever made this decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

clerk wrote: »
    Well done - that's the only way they're going to sit up and take notice.

l'll looking into my options for cancelling too. I have multi room and paying an extra €15 for that already and then they're trying to bully me into paying an extra €15 for HD/Box sets. They've ****ed me right off - l'm with them 20 Years !! l'm sick ****e of their greed. l'd ring up to complain but l'll only get some person in customer service doing their job but l'd love to talk to whoever made this decision.

It felt like a right kick in the face tbh

I made the customer service guy get his manager to make it clear to them the reason why I was leavin .

It felt like a sneaky move. Forcing HD on people. There is no way its worth 15 a month for a handful of HD channels.

jonny666 wrote: »
    It felt like a right kick in the face tbh

I made the customer service guy get his manager to make it clear to them the reason why I was leavin .

It felt like a sneaky move. Forcing HD on people. There is no way its worth 15 a month for a handful of HD channels.

There is only solutions to bring down costs in having sky

Cancel sky

or the other process which I can't mention for legal purposes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

ftakeith wrote: »
    There is only solutions to bring down costs in having sky

Cancel sky

or the other process which I can't mention for legal purposes

Can't get HD using other methods...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

jca wrote: »
    Can't get HD using other methods...

Well, you can but it'd cost you but even then it's not as good quality and as reliable as Sky or UPC or whatever satellite channels you have. Even Sky's on demand streams don't match the quality of the satellite.

The worst thing is that all these HD channels are still only running at 720p or 1080i and anyone who has a bigger Full HD 1080p TV knows that 720p looks significantly worse, and SD is absolutely horrible to look at after adjusting to any HD content at all. And once 4k TVs are introduced into the picture it gets even worse, watching live TV can be horrendous on them. There needs to be a big push towards updating all of this to keep customers satisfied in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Sky are in the process of moving customers to newer sky HD boxes because they want to move away from older boxes which don't manage new encryption methods. This way anyone who doesn't have a Sky HD box should have one in the next 12 to 18 months as the cards will eventually only work in the later models. The old sky+ SD box will become obsolete. All down to preventing piracy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Sorry to bump this.

New to Sky - and HD+boxsets is offered at €5 per month now, is it worth it at that price do ye think? I have a 48'' TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Techmaster wrote: »
    Sorry to bump this.

New to Sky - and HD+boxsets is offered at €5 per month now, is it worth it at that price do ye think? I have a 48'' TV.

HD and box sets is well worth €5 a month imo. and you need to make the most of that tv!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

We don't drag up old threads

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement