Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chronic fatigue - can I rule out thyroid with these tests?

• 26-01-2015 10:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Hi, bad chronic fatigue for years, which I managed to struggle through up until 9 months ago.
    Coupled with insomnia, appetite loss etc.

I got some Thyroid profile tests.
    TSH - came back normal on the first test, then double the normal range on the second test.
    free T4 - came back correct range, in the middle at 1.2

Awaiting free T3.
    If that comes back normal - can I pretty much rule out my having a thyroid problem, and attribute my fatigue and symptoms to something else??

I was previously diagnosed with Delusional Disorder, as I had countered my fatigue by repeating certain words to myself, which would taint my perception of things, but did seem to temporarily incite energy.
    Such words were - "intense, intimidate, provoke etc", all kind of empowering, but obviously in the delusional sense, but also emotive, which I feel may have lent itself to my temporary and short lived improvement in energy.

I have recently abandoned that approach, and finishing up with it, I was like a junky looking for one more fix, going through the dictionary, looking for a word I could say to myself to give myself energy.

In any case, that's just to put perspective on my situation.

Doctors are continually pointing me in the direction of anxiety/depression/personality disorder etc, but I have undergone extensive treatment already, with absolutely no beneficial result.

What keeps me going is, just simply - and I suppose graduating as an engineer gives rise to this type of mentality - there's a problem, which means there MUST be a solution, it's just a matter of determining what it is.

Vitamin deficiency, anemia, diabetes and anything relating to a full blood count, tested and ruled out.

If anyone has any ideas, throw them at me.
    It can't do any harm at this point.

Getting my freeT3 results next Monday, keeping my fingers crossed that yields some answers, but not holding my breath at the same time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Op, we can't interpret blood tests for you. That's medical advice, which is not permitted anywhere on the site.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement