Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Galway Races 2012 30th July -5th August

• 26-07-2012 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Anyone have any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

ogiekeaney wrote: »
    Anyone have any tips?

Yes. Dermot Weld.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Baily Green put in a stunning display of jumping this evening in Limerick. He holds an entry for Galway afaik.

Edit: Mouse says he won't go to Galway as he needs good ground and expects Galway to be soft.
    Another few days of this weather and I reckon well have good ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,656 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

ogiekeaney wrote: »
    Anyone have any tips?

The 403 and 409 buses are a much better bet than the races special buses (E3.40 vs E9.00)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Back low draws in the sprints, back Weld on the first two days. Remember its a week long!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭f140

weld to win the first race tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

mullins and weld

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Weld's horse in the bumper tomorrow must be one of his best chances all week

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Szewinska

Welds bumper horse tomorrow went off odds on in a hot leopardstown bumper in january. one would guess he will be hard beat at galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Foster's Cross e/w in the handicap today & the hurdle on Thursday.
    only 5lb higher in each for 1st & 2nd in those races last year, and with the softer ground is more likely to slip the field if given his usually soft lead

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭qc3

Weld to win the 1st and last @m 7/4 and 5/4, Nice double.
    Caim Hill @ 9/1 to win 5.35

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Discoteca is a good horse. I was on at fancy prices for the Fred Winter but he didn't get a run. Even giving weight away I can see him going close.

Question for everyone before you back Weld's horses this week. What price are you taking & what price would they be if trained by any other top trainer?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Going for Discoteca myself in the First with
    Magnetic Force e/w in the Second and Citizenship in the the 5:35
    That's all I'm doing for the day...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Was doing clarach 5.35 but also got word for Caim hill so leaving it.
    Hay point and clar bel la in the last 2 races is all I'm doing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Discoteca is a good horse. I was on at fancy prices for the Fred Winter but he didn't get a run. Even giving weight away I can see him going close.

Question for everyone before you back Weld's horses this week. What price are you taking & what price would they be if trained by any other top trainer?

Your understand your point but weld shows a big profit to level stakes basically every year. Every year I convince myself that his runners are underpriced, which they often are, but im still made to regret not backin them

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

I think Teach Nua is a cracking e/w bet today. I can't see him being out of the top 4 and I think Powers are playing 5 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Galway 5:35

Captainofthefleet is an interesting type in this race. He had very decent 2yo form, and although he has obviously had his troubles since (as he hasn’t been seen that much for a 5yo), he caught the eye last time out at the Curragh over 12 Furlongs as potential improver with a step up in trip and perhaps better ground. A mark of 78 given a small bit of improvement and a half decent experienced jockey on board would make the 40/1 about him look big and in my view he doesn’t deserve to be the outsider of the field here.

1pt EW 40/1 Boyles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just a threefolds (and a 10c accu) for the interest.

GALWAY 16:00 NOVICE HURDLE 2m
    Train Of Thought @ 2.75 (GP)

GALWAY 16:30 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m
    Teach Nua @ 6.00 (GP)

GALWAY 17:35 AMATEUR HANDICAP 2m
    Citizenship @ 9.00 (GP)

GALWAY 18:10 HANDICAP (50-75) 7f
    Money Spider @ 8.00 (GP)

GALWAY 18:40 HANDICAP 1m 4f
    Encrypted Message @ 3.25 (GP)

GALWAY 19:10 NAT HUNT FLAT 2m
    Silver Concorde @ 2.00 (GP)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Welds horse in the first today must be the most under prices horse in the history of the world. He has some strong maiden form on the flat but it would take an incredibly good horse to beat a horse rated in the 130s first time out over hurdles or for the other to disappoint

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

My bets for today at Galway

5.35 Prince Chapparal 18/1
    6.10 Dark Danger 40/1
    7.10 Clara Bel La 12/1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Are the Galway Races streamed live online anywhere other than on the RTE site?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

Anyone any idea what the weather has been like in Galway today or know of any website that might have it? My brother got word from one of the owners of Clarach this morning to back him if it didnt rain.

stdidit wrote: »
    Anyone any idea what the weather has been like in Galway today or know of any website that might have it? My brother got word from one of the owners of Clarach this morning to back him if it didnt rain.

It's a cracking day, sun has been splitting the rocks all day :D

1st Race
    1 - Train of Thought 9/4
    2 - FAUSTINA Pius 12/1
    3 - Dysios 8/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Welds horse in the first today must be the most under prices horse in the history of the world. He has some strong maiden form on the flat but it would take an incredibly good horse to beat a horse rated in the 130s first time out over hurdles or for the other to disappoint

We never back Weld and he wins by a mile everytime! Think sonapour would have put it up to him if didn't fall, hope he's alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Going for Discoteca myself in the First with
    Magnetic Force e/w in the Second and Citizenship in the the 5:35
    That's all I'm doing for the day...

One of the owners of Magnetic Force told the OH it's in great form, e/w bet.
    Gone out from 14/1 to 22/1 today, my money is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Total n00b to the whole business here...

Would owners not always say they're horse is good for a bet? Do they ever say "I wouldn't, he's useless" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭maamom

Are the Galway Races streamed live online anywhere other than on the RTE site?

AerTV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Would owners not always say they're horse is good for a bet? Do they ever say "I wouldn't, he's useless" ?

He is a friend and usually does not give out tips, only has an interest in this horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭maamom

Will Teach Nua pull it out of the bag again in the next?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

It's a cracking day, sun has been splitting the rocks all day :D

Nice one, thanks! Pouring rain in Cork at the minute :(

Possibly! My brother knows him personally though so thats good enough for me to have a decent bet!

Advertisement