Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RHCP - 26th June 2012 Croke Park

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Have look in the other thread. There is a pit by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 leemurf

anybody have any idea what the prices will be for merchandise? I really wanna get a jumper but im not sure how much it will cost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Really looking forward to the gig now. Any suggestions of a good place near the stadium for a pint beforehand?

Jury's across the road from Croke Park. It's nice if you can get a seat in the beer garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭UserName 217

leemurf wrote: »
    anybody have any idea what the prices will be for merchandise? I really wanna get a jumper but im not sure how much it will cost

Tshirts are usually around €25 - 30

So hoodies will be around 40 - 50 i'd say

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

There is no Golden Circle for the gig , but i presume their will be a pit as usual for these kinda of gigs . The best bet is to start queing up as early as possible , even though it says no queing up till 4 or whatever still be there before that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Am I the only one hoping they dont play otherside? :D tired of hearing all the usuals tbh

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Am I the only one hoping they dont play otherside? :D tired of hearing all the usuals tbh

Out of all the popular songs otherside would be the one least played out them.

I want to hear some BSSM more than anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Out of all the popular songs otherside would be the one least played out them.

I want to hear some BSSM more than anything.

I want a load of Stadium Arcadium to be played.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭MackQ

leemurf wrote: »

Chilis no different to any other band; official merchandise is rediculously expensive. Unofficial stuff outside will be cheap but is generally kak.

So far they have only played 2-3 songs maybe 4 off the album. Snow isn't included in that, Josh hasn't learned / perfected it yet. (same goes for zephyr song).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

any1 know if u r still not allowed bring ur pints onto the pitch? i was at u2 a few years ago and u werent allowed bring ur drink out onto the pitch area

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

Setlist from the 24th June in Sunderland to give us a vague idea:

1.Monarchy of Roses
    2.Can't Stop
    3.Dani California
    4.Scar Tissue
    5.Look Around
    6.Universally Speaking
    7.I Like Dirt
    8.The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie
    9.Right on Time
    10.If You Have to Ask
    11.Ethiopia
    12.Under the Bridge
    13.Higher Ground
    (Stevie Wonder cover)
    14.Californication
    15.By the Way
    Encore:
    16.Chad & Mauro & Josh Jam
    17.Suck My Kiss
    18.Soul to Squeeze
    19.Give It Away
    20.Final Jam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

So far they have only played 2-3 songs maybe 4 off the album. Snow isn't included in that, Josh hasn't learned / perfected it yet. (same goes for zephyr song).

Zephyr Song hasn't been played in full live since 2003 I don't think its anything to do with Josh, and its actually one of their easier songs.

I could see him not having perfected Snow as its quite tricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Loving the old songs on the set-lists, can't wait to hear some early stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

PCros wrote: »
    Setlist from the 24th June in Sunderland to give us a vague idea:

1.Monarchy of Roses
    2.Can't Stop
    3.Dani California
    4.Scar Tissue
    5.Look Around
    6.Universally Speaking
    7.I Like Dirt
    8.The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie
    9.Right on Time
    10.If You Have to Ask
    11.Ethiopia
    12.Under the Bridge
    13.Higher Ground
    (Stevie Wonder cover)
    14.Californication
    15.By the Way
    Encore:
    16.Chad & Mauro & Josh Jam
    17.Suck My Kiss
    18.Soul to Squeeze
    19.Give It Away
    20.Final Jam

That was the setlist from the last gig, it changes every two gigs so we'd be more likely to get one like this from the night before that;

1. Monarchy of Roses
    2. Around The World
    3. Dani California
    4. Otherside:D
    5. Throw Away Your Television
    6. Can't Stop
    7. Pea
    8. Soul to Squeeze
    9. The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie
    10. Charlie
    11. Under The Bridge
    12. Higher Ground
    13. Californication
    14. Factory of Faith
    15. By The Way

Encore

16. Chad & Mauro & Josh Jam
    17. Sir Psycho Sexy
    18. They're Red Hot
    19. Sucky My Kiss
    20. Give It Away
    21. Final Jam

I would LOVE to see Pea

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rkeano5

Can't wait now, anyone else queuing from early on to get good spots/in the pit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

karaokeman wrote: »
    That was the setlist from the last gig, it changes every two gigs so we'd be more likely to get one like this from the night before that;

I actually prefer this setlist as Around the World and Otherside are on it.

Awesome songs live!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

karaokeman wrote: »

1. Monarchy of Roses
    2. Around The World
    3. Dani California
    4. Otherside:D
    5. Throw Away Your Television
    6. Can't Stop
    7. Pea
    8. Soul to Squeeze
    9. The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie
    10. Charlie
    11. Under The Bridge
    12. Higher Ground
    13. Californication
    14. Factory of Faith
    15. By The Way

Encore

16. Chad & Mauro & Josh Jam
    17. Sir Psycho Sexy
    18. They're Red Hot
    19. Sucky My Kiss
    20. Give It Away
    21. Final Jam

I'd love to hear this. Around the World, Otherside, Sir Psycho Sexy, Suck My Kiss. Unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

In staying at a friends house in drumcondra anf can hear them practise suck my kiss as I'm typing,really can't wait now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

They played Me & My Friends a lot during the arena leg of the tour, would love to see that again :D

skinny90 wrote: »
    In staying at a friends house in drumcondra anf can hear them practise suck my kiss as I'm typing,really can't wait now

I could hear it from work, bring it on, been 6 years since I last saw them

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭pennylemon

Not likely, you should have gone to Oxygen 2007 to hear that album. This will be mainly I'm With You album with a few songs from all their others albums thrown in with a few jams.

Update on WRISTBANDS;

Contacted Croke Park, MCD and ticketmaster and can't get an answer on weather there's a pit or not. Bummer.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

There Is 100% A Pit Go On To Fm104's Facebook Page And They Have Photos On It!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

pennylemon wrote: »
    Not likely, you should have gone to Oxygen 2007 to hear that album. This will be mainly I'm With You album with a few songs from all their others albums thrown in with a few jams.

Update on WRISTBANDS;

Contacted Croke Park, MCD and ticketmaster and can't get an answer on weather there's a pit or not. Bummer.

There is, the live view of Croke is here http://86.47.217.110/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=503

my mate works there, there is a pit

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Having seen both of their last gigs here in the O2 I am more looking forward to Noel than the Chillis. Just a bit annoyed that Noel looks set to play the 13 song festival setlist which annoyingly doesn't include The Importance Of Being Idle, Whatever, Supersonic which were all highlights of the O2 gig. The lack of 'Idle' in particular is bizarre seeing as it's probably the most famous Noel sung Oasis song after Don't Look Back In Anger.

Any word on how many tickets have sold? Based on the pics in the paper Croker looked half empty for Westlife, so if this isn't nearly sold out I'd image MCD won't be putting many gigs there for a while. The Aviva would've easily sold out.

SB-08 wrote: »
    Any word on how many tickets have sold? Based on the pics in the paper Croker looked half empty for Westlife, so if this isn't nearly sold out I'd image MCD won't be putting many gigs there for a while. The Aviva would've easily sold out.

Did westlife not sell out?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Deeluu

Are there different entrances for standing? My ticket says G1 and my friends says G4, can we all queue together? Also if they played 'Sir Psycho Sexy' I'd be pretty delighted with myself....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Guys a friend of mine wants to go now but there's no standing tickets left,What are the chances they will let her on the pitch?

Advertisement