Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden NFL 12

• 29-08-2011 11:09am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

51N9q7SnbYL._AA300_.jpg

Release Date 01/09/2011

Preorder links:

amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0058BJ0KM/ref=oss_product

£39.91 - Free Delivery

zavvi: http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/madden-nfl-12/10480734.html

€48.95 - Free Delivery

sendit:http://www.sendit.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/madden-nfl-12/10480734.html

£37.89 + £2.98 Delivery

Play: http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/20694335/Madden-NFL-12/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=madden+12&urlrefer=search

€49.99 - Free Delivery

Amazon seems best bet from those, I've pre ordered with them, anyone seen a better price than this, let me know and I'll update the list...

Unlikely to arrive before the weekend but you never know,

Last year I remember looking for it in xtra vision and gamestop all over Dublin without success so ordering online this year.

RULES:
    Rules:
    Game Organisation:
    Schedule the game through messaging on Xbox or through Boards or on the LM site.

If your opponent is not responding to messages by the 4th day of the gameweek, message the Commissioner and he can boot the person from the franchise. But, you must have evidence of where you asked for their availability either on boards or the LM gameweek thread.

It is inevitable that guys will drop out during the season. If you have to drop out then take the “Leave Franchise” option so your opponents can play CPU and not be unable to play a game because you are not around.

If you are away on holidays you can leave (so human opponents can play CPU) and then rejoin when you come back. Just post up on Boards and on the LM site so that no one takes your team when you are away.

Headsets:
    Headsets are recommended during games. I understand that some don't like to talk during games and instead would prefer to focus on what you are doing. You may have children/wives alseep and you dont want to wake them, however you should still have the headset on so that you can hear your opponent should he need to tell you something.... he has to pause the game, has to go to the bathroom, important phone call, controller battery is dying, etc. Again, Im not saying you have to talk for the entire game but keep the channels of communication OPEN. If you're playing late at night or otherwise need to be quiet during a game, please inform your opponent prior to kickoff.

If you are going for it on 4th down, moving into no huddle offence, onside kick etc, you must notify your opponent by message if you do not have a headset.

Game Settings:
    Regular Season:
    •Quarter Length: 7 Mins
    •Accelerated Clock: 20 secs
    •Skill Level: All-Pro

Playoffs:
    •Quarter Length: 10 Mins
    •Accelerated Clock: 20 secs
    •Skill Level: All-Pro

Setting Up A Game:
    All you have to do is go to the franchise on Xbox Live, then when both are on line and press the start button to invite your opponent to a game. You see on the owners list who is online / offline.

Connection problems:
    Sometimes there are problems with two people connecting. The first thing to check is that both of your NATs are open (in the Xbox connection settings, if you are not sure what this is then ask). Assuming they are open and you still have problems restart your router. If problems persist please post on Boards for some help.

Restarts:
    If you have to restart a game you must post in the restart thread on LM along with the reason for your restart. Games must be restarted no more than two times after this number of restarts, the game will be simmed when the week is advanced.

If a person is persistently restarting games, this will be dealt with seriously and banning from the league is possible.

General Play:
    We are striving to be a sim league, that is to try to play as teams do in the NFL. Therefore, play calling should reflect that in your games. If you wouldn't see it in the NFL, you probably shouldnt be seeing it in these league games.

Playbooks:
    No limitations.

Audibles/hotroutes/playmaker options:
    No limitations.

Adjusting depth charts in the game:
    No limitations.

4th Downs:
    No going for it on 4th down unless the situation calls for it, some specific examples are;
    1) Go for it anytime inside the 10
    2) Go for it anytime in Q4 when behind OR inside opposition 40
    3) Go for it anytime when 4th and 1 inside opposition 40
    4) Go for it only 1 more time in a given game outside of the rules above

These arent the only situations but the main ones. We expect plays to be ones you see in the NFL every week.

Finally, if you are not going to take a field goal or punt on 4th down then you must tell your opponent you are going for it before you choose your formation. No fake punts/field goals !

Onside kicks:
    Onside kicks can only be used in the 4th quarter if you are losing.

No huddle offence:
    The same should be said about the hurry up offense. This should be reserved for late in the game when you're down OR at the end of the half.

Sportsmanship:
    Use the Golden Rule. Treat others how you wish to be treated. Don't run up the score to pad your stats. If you have someone down and beaten, late in the game, have some class and run the clock out without rubbing salt in their wounds. Generally speaking, up by more than two scores with 2 minutes remaining should dictate you running the ball.

QB running:
    As far as running with the quarterback….we are not going to say you cant run with the QB. No one is going to complain when your guys are covered or when you're about to be sacked. It is acceptable to use designed QB run plays. But, you shouldnt be heading for the sidelines right away, or dropping back 20 yards after the snap on most passing plays.

Moving DEs:
    Manually moving the DEs outside the O-line is discouraged. Moving them towards the inside or moving the tackles is fine. Defensive shifts that are done using the left button are fine.

Glitches/Exploits:
    There are a few glitches in the game. I'm not going to list them, but if you are exploiting these on a regular basis, and are aware of them, then you may be booted. Although its nice to win, its not at any cost. Remember, we have experienced and rookie players. Rookies may well glitch by accident, do not complain about it but point out why was wrong and what they should do to avoid it in future.

Joining the franchise:
    The franchise name is boards. Simply search for this franchise using your xbox live account on your Xbox only. Once you have found it you will have to enter the password. Simply pm me the password and I will pm you back asap. You must also join the franchise on the LM site. The invite link is here:
    http://myleaguemanager.net/apps/acce...7&lname=Boards
    New franchise members must also thank this post and send the link to their thanks to me in a pm before they are given the password.

Game Weeks
    People will have a week to play games. If all human games are played, the week will be advanced and people will be notified on boards and again will have a week to play their next game.

How should we proceed with the Madden league 22 votes

Leave it as is - 1 game per week and only do 2 seasons
    0% 0 votes
    3 Games every 2 weeks (Mon -Thu) (Fri-Tue) (Wed-Sun)
    22% 5 votes
    2 Games Per Week
    59% 13 votes
    Play a shortened league outside of the madden franchise after season 2
    18% 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Don't think it's out here until the 6th, or at least that's what I was told when I preordered.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

amazon have the despatch date as 01/09/2011 ...probably wont arrive till the 5th or 6th though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Xtravision told me today they'll have it Friday, September 2nd

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

mikemac wrote: »
    Xtravision told me today they'll have it Friday, September 2nd

Do you know how much it will be in xtra vision?

Forty five in xtravision so I'm told

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Buzzing for this.

Who's in for the next Online Franchise? I think sticking to the Fantasy Draft is also the best way to go about things.

Well I don't mind about Fantasy or real teams, on one hand real teams would mean that you have a fairly balanced team, in fantasy you could load up on QB's and receivers to the detriment of other areas, but I'll go with whatever the majority decide ...

Is the draft going to be random order?

mikemac wrote: »
    Forty five in xtravision so I'm told

May just get it there then, I'll check out my local xtravision this evening...

adrian522 wrote: »
    Well I don't mind about Fantasy or real teams, on one hand real teams would mean that you have a fairly balanced team, in fantasy you could load up on QB's and receivers to the detriment of other areas, but I'll go with whatever the majority decide ...

Is the draft going to be random order?

But overall teams would be more balanced in general with a fantasy team.

The best way to do the draft would be to go in reverse order to how teams got on in the play offs in Madden 11.

Well i'd be up for it either way. Looks like you and berty will be drafting 31 and 32. I've never done the fantasy draft.

It must go on for hours or is it split over a few nights?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭Raoul

Doesn't really take that long at all!! Well like less than an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

QB sneak online is the nastiest tactic ever!! alwasy get done by it and always do it :p

Raoul wrote: »
    Doesn't really take that long at all!! Well like less than an hour.

Do you not have to draft a full roster? 53 rounds or whatever?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭Raoul

I actually can't remember but I dont think it was that long. I heard rumours of their being a salary cap this year.

Is Madden 12 out over here lads??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

not yet, dont think it's out anywhere yet

You should join our franchise Raze them all

Is it just a league ye play against each other for the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Is it just a league ye play against each other for the year?

It's a usual franchise format, there's about 10 human players and the rest are CPU. So you'll be playing against both over the course of the season. Last year's was very good even though I joined late and didn't draft.

Looking forward to the drafting aspect this time around.

oh I'd have some of that if it's on xbox?

• Advertisement

Yes, xbox

Which team do you want? Most of them are free

.....gotta go with packers since I've been following them for a few years if they're not taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

is there any interest in getting a PS3 league going this year...

would consider picking it up if there was enough other lads to get a bit of a league going but other wise I might give it a miss this year and stick to NCAA for the year :)

I think the Packers are gone

Anyway, the Commish will be around during the week and get you more info

hmmm raiders then?

Grand I'll be picking it up on release day anyway

Raiders are available

Can someone add me then guys? I'll free up some space on my friends list today, GT is : Raze them all

It probably won't get going for about a week as the game isn't even released yet, so keep an eye on this thread,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 robmoore04

Hi everyone,

Good podcast on the new Madden 12:
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/3127/grantland-network-bill-simmons-and-gus-ramsey

I have setup a fantasy NFL league with a few friends, and am looking to fill it up with other Irish NFL fans, details below if you want to join:

http://fantasy.nfl.com/?campaign=Fantasy_Email_Custom_Invite
    Click the "Received an Invite?" link

League ID#: 416762
    Password: proevo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭BaronVon

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    is there any interest in getting a PS3 league going this year...

would consider picking it up if there was enough other lads to get a bit of a league going but other wise I might give it a miss this year and stick to NCAA for the year :)

I'm up for it

Advertisement