Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Morning After House Party

• 31-08-2008 2:21pm

My housemates had a party last night. I somehow manage to sleep through it all as I was so exhausted from a 12 hour shift in work. I go downstairs to put stuff into dishwasher. There's jackets all over the couches (nobody sleeping under them, I checked) and there's golf clubs scattered in the sitting room and kitchen with hedge clippers beside them.

I've no idea what happened last night.

What strange things have you discovered the morning after a house party?

In a previous house we woke up to find orange juice in the fish tank, lumps of meat stuffed into shoes, and the fridge door covered in eggs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Merry Ploughboy

Havent ever found anything to strange, just furniture and floor covered with sick

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

You need new housemates or your housemates need new friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I don't have parties at my house. Why bother when other people will have them at their houses instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

My brother had one in the Summer about a year ago. The morning after we were cleaning up and we found bread rolls everywhere, one of his friends had decided to hide as many rolls as he could in obscure places. We were finding them all over the place for weeks. Around Christmas we found one in a wine sock!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I've never done it but apparently water cress will grow in a wet carpet no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

I found an elderly English hippy in the bath one morning.

Had a dump anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

More importantly, who goes to bed when there's a house party in your gaf?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

More importantly, is there a brown Colombia jacket there? have a quick look there please and thank you.

Too late buddy... And don't bother tracking it, I've sold it on, nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Woke up this morning, found a bottle of the red Mickey Finn's in the fridge, except someone had drank it all and replaced it with a mixture of ketchup and water, looked quite like the real thing actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I woke up one morning with blood all over the jocks I had worn into my friends hot tub. I have no idea how it got there...

Jay P wrote: »
    I woke up one morning with blood all over the jocks I had worn into my friends hot tub. I have no idea how it got there...

You see, sometimes the girl that you're grinding against will be at a special time of the month...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I was at one last night. My shoes went missing during the course of the night.
    Also, a rather stoned neighbour came over to complain twice about noise, and this morning brought over a box of cereal bars and said welcome to the neighbourhood. I love London!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

The Walsho wrote: »
    Woke up this morning, found a bottle of the red Mickey Finn's in the fridge, except someone had drank it all and replaced it with a mixture of ketchup and water, looked quite like the real thing actually.

I discovered on Monday, that is the nectar of the gods, delicious stuff :)

(Duty free shopping in Birmingham, £6, how could I say no?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭RoosterIllusion

I once found an entire city in my kitchen after a house party. It was cool, little airport, little train station, little red light district.

I once found an entire city in my kitchen after a house party. It was cool, little airport, little train station, little red light district.

I...what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

In a friends house years back, morning after noticed that one of his gold fish had a fork stuck through it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭trout

Zillah wrote: »
    I've never done it but apparently water cress will grow in a wet carpet no problem.

Yeah ... I've tried that ... no success.

How wet must the carpet be, and how long should it take for cress to appear ?

Zillah wrote: »
    You see, sometimes the girl that you're grinding against will be at a special time of the month...

Yeah, no. That didn't happen. I am very sure of that. I certainly wasn't with a girl that night...I walked home disappointed the next day.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Yeah, no. That didn't happen. I am very sure of that. I certainly wasn't with a girl that night...I walked home disappointed the next day.

Erm, yeah, Jay P, I was meaning to talk to you about that night... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

My house was a giant box of cornflakes with a guy nobody knew sleeping on the kitchen floor.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The morning after one house party I found an old mercedes in a field and decided to have a drink in it. While there I had an animated conversation with a dog with a french accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Diarmey

Originally Posted by The Walsho viewpost.gif
    Woke up this morning, found a bottle of the red Mickey Finn's in the fridge, except someone had drank it all and replaced it with a mixture of ketchup and water, looked quite like the real thing actually
    Hah.
    I woke up in my mates house to find our door was barricaded with beds drawers,etc and then we went down stairs and found half of the cutlery glued to the living room wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

I found €50 out the back of a house where there was a huge house party.

In my mates gaf he found a dump in the bath never found out who did it either.

Keith186 wrote: »
    ]In my mates gaf he found a dump in the bath never found out who did it either.

You mean he didn't do the CSI taste test??! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

trout wrote: »
    Yeah ... I've tried that ... no success.

How wet must the carpet be, and how long should it take for cress to appear ?

It's too late in the year now. March is usually the month to get your cress seeds in. They prefer deep, heavy woven piles...not so keen on the light shallow carpets. Give them a good soaking when you put them down, normally I'd put in a full watering-can for every 4 square yards.

Once they start coming up, I mulch, ie don't bother hoovering and let the dust-mulch build up. Give them a good fertiliser in the 4th week of Apriil...Shake and Vac is the one I usually use. (Obviously you don't vacuum).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Psshaw..in the bath!!!

That can be cleaned.

Either into the cistern or on the inside of a dark coloured bath towel and buried in at the back of the hot press..

mate of mine at a house party took a dump in a clothes dryer,filled it with clothes from the hot press and turned it on to max.!!!

saw it in a skip outside the house a week later.

Wouldn't approve of that myself of course.

Back in my day sandwiches used to be called flat breaddies! They cost three playing cards a bite.

I know someone who woke up to find out some took a shit in her kettle. And that isn't a euphemism ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭trout

I know someone who woke up to find out some took a shit in her kettle. And that isn't a euphemism ;)

One of those toploading kettles ... that's easy.

If you can drop a load in one of those old fashioned kettles that have a big handle over the opening ... that's impressive.

Advertisement