Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies Lounge Tapas and Cocktails - Market Bar 7PM - March 3rd, Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Oooo if I am free that day I might go, the last TLL meetup I went to was really good :)

I'll skip the cocktails though and have some beer *flexes muscles* :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

johnr1 wrote: »
    Ickle, I promise to be reasonably well behaved:D

Reasonably?

futurama_fry_looking_squint.jpg?w=300&h=225

I expect best behaviour only... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

If this beers decides to relocate itself to Newcastle, I shall be in attendance. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,066 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

ChannelNo5 and myself will be there for grub! Looking forward to meeting you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

If lurkers are welcome and my courage doesnt fail me :) I'd like to join ye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭niamhx

I'm hoping to make it, waiting on word for a swap in work. Cross your fingers for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

niamhx wrote: »
    I'm hoping to make it, waiting on word for a swap in work. Cross your fingers for me :)

i really really really hope you do. i so wanted to meet you at the beers before. *crosses everything*
    hollypink wrote: »
    If lurkers are welcome and my courage doesnt fail me :) I'd like to join ye.

come. tis the best thing you will ever do (if you actually make it to the event and don't get carted off in an ambo before hand!!!! :o:o) i am gonna make it this time :D yay

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭chirogirl

if i can arrange a babysitter, then i'll come along :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

hdowney wrote: »
    ...the best thing you will ever do (if you actually make it to the event and don't get carted off in an ambo before hand!!!! :o:o) i am gonna make it this time :D yay
    What?! :eek:

hdowney, I'm sure gonna try. Normally I work nights on Saturday. Would much rather a few drinks and laugh though :D

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    What?! :eek:

you must be the only one who doesn't know!! last week was tLI beers!. it was also the OpTran 5k which i participated in that morning. but like some soft in the head didn't drink any water throughout the day, or eat food. so in the hostel playing kings with a few boardsies before the beers. i imbibed some vodka as you do!!! only it went straight into my dehydrated system. i collapsed, vommin EVERYWHERE (upstairs, where i had gone to lie down for a while). my roomies called 999 and off to james' in an ambulance went i!!!! i had never been drunk of any kind before, never will again, and will ALWAYS eat and drink water!

hdowney, I'm sure gonna try. Normally I work nights on Saturday. Would much rather a few drinks and laugh though :D

what do you work at?

what do you work at?

Stripper, I'll show you some of my moves if I make it :D

Poor hdowney. Hope you're in better form this time! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Do we have to have our usernames written on our foreheads to indicate who we are? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Do we have to have our usernames written on our foreheads to indicate who we are? :P
    Nope :p I say my user name then real name!

Hdowney Tuds isn't down so you're grand :)

Pembily wrote: »
    Nope :p I say my user name then real name!

Hdowney Tuds isn't down so you're grand :)

poor tuds is getting the blame for my stupidity :D handy scapegoat there. you gonna make it pem? was looking forward to meeting you last week also

Usernames/realnames- Oh, I feel some 'being confused' coming on!! :confused::o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

It's times like this that I'm glad of my unimaginative username ;)

Yaaay. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

Dolorous wrote: »
    It's times like this that I'm glad of my unimaginative username ;)
    It's times like these that I wished I'd chosen a more masculine user name, something like big muscly biscuit :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I will ring and confirm table tomorrow. Crazy busy at the mo - I don't think it's a big deal having a table booked with the market bar anyway and we're starting early enough there should be a corner for us to take over.

curious how the tapas etc thing will work (never done this kinda thing). like do we all order our own whatever it is we want, or do we order platters to share and go dutch on paying and the like. liking the look of the sangria for drinkies but no way in heckers i could drink a litre of the stuff

Depends on the size of the group I suppose. Last time there was only 6 of us and we all had more or less the same amount of grub and drink so we split the bill between the six of us.

With the dinners we've organised in the athletics forum we usually share the bill as well with bigger groups and people usually put say 30 euro when it's 25, so if anyone feels they only ordered one drink while others were drinking something more expensive there'll probably be enough to cover it. Everything seems to be the same price/similarly priced in the market bar (except sangria which is cheaper than white/red wine) so it'd probably work there as well. I'd have no issue with sangria drinkers paying a few euro's less if we were all splitting the bill and I was drinking white wine.

That two small dishes and glass of house wine for €14 has already grabbed my attention. :)

Edit: We all ordered our own last time we went for dinner, but sure if a few people wanted to order a platter between them that'd be fine too. :)

Depends on the size of the group I suppose. Last time there was only 6 of us and we all had more or less the same amount of grub and drink so we split the bill between the six of us.

With the dinners we've organised in the athletics forum we usually share the bill as well with bigger groups and people usually put say 30 euro when it's 25, so if anyone feels they only ordered one drink while others were drinking something more expensive there'll probably be enough to cover it. Everything seems to be the same price/similarly priced in the market bar (except sangria which is cheaper than white/red wine) so it'd probably work there as well. I'd have no issue with sangria drinkers paying a few euro's less if we were all splitting the bill and I was drinking white wine.

That two small dishes and glass of house wine for €14 has already grabbed my attention. :)

shame the 2dishes and wine isn't on sats! cos it grabbed mine too. yea i think it'l be best to order and pool, cos of the types of dishes we can order various plates of tapas, then you can eat what your into, and we all put into it. makes sense. not sure wether to have wine or sangria tho!

shame the 2dishes and wine isn't on sats!

Aww I didn't see that.

You don't have to choose between sangria and wine. Sure have both. :D

Aww I didn't see that.

You don't have to choose between sangria and wine. Sure have both. :D

um if the sangria and wine are both ordered per the group, so are there for the trying then hell yea, otherwise, well see above vodka episode for clarification!!!!

• Administrators Posts: 53,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,066 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

um if the sangria and wine are both ordered per the group, so are there for the trying then hell yea, otherwise, well see above vodka episode for clarification!!!!

Didnt know what happened to you last week until just now! As Niamhx said we were asking for you last sat but didnt get the story! Hope you are feeling better now. Looking forward to seeing you sat then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Would love to have made it up to this, the really frustrating thing is I'll now be in Dublin Thursday and Friday, going home at about 2am Friday night/Saturday morning! Have an awesome time and save some tapas for me and post them to me :p

Advertisement