Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin to host to Formula One event! - Next June

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,296 ✭✭✭✭8-10

There's only Silver paddock tickets on sale, anyone know what that means? Are there Gold tickets somewhere? (which I assume get you into the chocolate factory as well)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Has anyone any info on the route/track .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

My ticket arrived today, I can upgrade it to the paddock pass, which i will be doing as soon as I get it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

Ticketmaster are selling tickets for 80 euro odd for the Custom House Quay zone yet the map above shows there's free viewing in that area.

In that case is it even worth purchasing tickets if you can just go along and watch from there anyway?

Or are the tickets just to get you into some elevated viewing area where you get a seat etc does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

Could you not just walk into Convention Centre Dublin and go to one of the higher levels in the lobby? That's my first thought looking at the graphic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

I cant afford a ticket but will be going anyway, the sound alone is just amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

If I went down early in the morning would I get a good view point somewhere? Or can you even see the cars without a ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭dor83

The green areas on the map are "Free spectator viewing" so you should be able to see the cars go by in those areas. I can't justify spending that much on a demonstration myself so will head down early and see if I can get a decent view, even if it's packed and I can't find a decent spot, the sound alone is worth it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

dor83 wrote: »
    The green areas on the map are "Free spectator viewing" so you should be able to see the cars go by in those areas. I can't justify spending that much on a demonstration myself so will head down early and see if I can get a decent view, even if it's packed and I can't find a decent spot, the sound alone is worth it imo.
    I'm hoping to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

I was considering buying a ticket but I doubt that most of them merit their pricetags (going from experience of paying for 3 grand prix weekends over the years!)

Anyone guesstimating how many people will actually show up? I'm wondering how early I should head down to get some way close to the front.

So far it's Jenson, Lewis and the Caterham drivers confirmed isn't it? As well as Adam Carroll and a few others?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Where the derp do I go to the custom house seating from Connolly station? I assume I'd have to walk all the way round?

Got the paddock pass today, happy out!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Details of upcoming Traffic Restrictions in Dublin City Centre...

Dear Residents of Dublin City Centre,

Bavaria City Racing is bringing Formula 1 to the streets of Dublin on June 3rd. More than 100,000 spectators are expected to gather for an adrenaline fuelled day with Superbikes, Super Cars, Touring cars, Formula 2, WRC, Drifters and the star attraction; demonstrations from internationally celebrated Formula 1 cars and drivers. The spectical will be taking place from 12 Noon until 17:00.

This event is free to the public and we wish for you all to come to take place in this one of kind event. We are advising arrival between 10:30-11:00am to get into a good viewing position. Don’t forget to bring your suncream!

To facilitate the event, a number of traffic restrictions will be in place. Please see below for details.

Roads that will be closed for vehicle and general public access are as follows:
    North Wall Quay
    Castleforbes Road – Samuel Beckett Bridge
    From 5/22/12 at 3:00 until 6/11/12 at 23:00

Custom House Quay
    Butt Bridge – Talbot Memorial
    From 5/27/12 at 3:00 until 6/6/12 at 3:00

North Wall Quay
    Castleforbes Road – Samual Beckett Bridge
    From 5/31/12 at 21:00 until 5/31/12 at 0:00

North Wall Quay
    Samuel Beckett Bridge – Sean O’Casey Bridge
    From 6/1/12 at 0:00 until 6/1/12 at 6:00

Butt Bridge
    Georges Quay – Beresford Road
    From 6/2/12 at 1:00 until 6/2/12 at 3:00

Burgh Quay
    Georges Quay – D’Olier Street
    From 6/2/12 at 2:00 until 6/2/12 at 5:00

D’Olier Street
    O’Connell Bridge – O’Connell Street
    From 6/2/12 at 4:00 until 6/2/12 at 6:30

North Wall Quay
    East Wall Road – Custom House Quay
    From 6/2/12 at 18:00 until 6/4/12 at 9:00

Custom House Quay
    North Wall Quay – Butt Bridge

Butt Bridge
    Custom House Quay – Georges Quay
    From 6/2/12 at 5:00 until 6/4/12 at 22:00

Georges Quay
    Talbot Memorial Bridge – Butt Bridge

Burgh Quay
    Georges Quay – D’Olier Street

D’Olier Street
    O’Connell Bridge – College Street
    From 6/2/12 at 19:00 until 3/4/12 at 5:30

College Street
    D’Olier Street – Dame Street
    From 6/2/12 at 19:00 until 6/4/12 at 5:30

Dame Street
    College Street – Georges Street
    From 6/2/02 at 19:00 until 6/4/12 at 5:30

Westmorland Street
    Dame Street – O’ Connell Bridge

O’ Connell Bridge
    Eden Quay – Westmoreland Street

College Green
    College Street – Dame Street

Talbot Memorial Bridge
    Custom House Quay – City Quay
    From 6/2/12 at 6:00 until 6/4/12 at 9:00

Samuel Beckett Bridge
    North Wall Quay – Sir John Rogersons Quay
    From 6/2/12 at 6:00 until 6/4/12 at 9:00

Wellington Quay
    Aston Quay – Parliment Street

Aston Quay
    Westmoreland Street – Wellington Quay

*Note: Dublin Bus’ Nitelink service will operate as per usual.

Bridge Crossings:

We aim to maintain vehicular access across Samuel Beckett Bridge up until 6:00 on Sunday the 3rd of June.
    We aim to maintain vehicular access across Talbot Memorial Bridge (City Quay only) up until 6:00 on Sunday the 3rd of June.
    We aim to maintain vehicular access across Butt Bridge up until 5:00 on Sunday, the 3rd of June.
    At some stage during the night, to allow for the installation of the barrier system, the bridges will have to be closed for a 20 minute period (approximately).
    We aim to re-open vehicular access across Samuel Beckett Bridge at 20:00 on Sunday the 3rd of June.
    We aim to re-open vehicular access across Talbot Memorial Bridge (City Quay only) at 20:00 on Sunday the 3rd of June.
    We aim to re-open vehicular access across Butt Bridge at 20:00 on Sunday the 3rd of June.

We aim to run Bavaria City Racing Dublin with minimal disruption to residents and we appreciate your ongoing support for this one of a kind event. Should you have any concerns, please contact us on 01 6628996 and we will do our utmost to find a way to address them.

Kindest Regards,
    Elaine O’ Connor

E: production@bavariacityracing.ie
    www.bavariacityracing.ie

Twitter:
    Bavaria City Racing Dublin has set up a dedicated Twitter account, @BCRD_Traffic, to deliver up to the minute traffic updates and road closures around the event.

Bavaria City Racing will also be working closely with AA Roadwatch whom also has a twitter account, @aaroadwatch. They have over 26,000 followers. Notifications will be tweeted from this account reaching their followers instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GiantHogweed

Stargazer7 wrote: »
    So far it's Jenson, Lewis and the Caterham drivers confirmed isn't it? As well as Adam Carroll and a few others?
    I can see why you might think those drivers would be there, the site drops a lot of names.

From my reading of the site, the only F1 *race* driver there will be Jenson Button.

It looks like he will drive the MP4/26, last year's car, which is good. Here's video of him doing a display last month:

Giedo van der Garde will drive the Caterham. He did FP1 in Shanghai and testing in Jerez.
    The Goodwood FoS website says he will drive the T127, the 2010 car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Times..
    11:55:00 Event Opening

12:10:00 Legend Sprint

12:30:00 Race Car Demo

12:40:00 Monster Street Mania

13:05:00 GP2 Sprint

13:15:00 JB off road Buggys Demo

13:20:00 Jenson Button Vodafone McLaren F1

13:30:00 Rally Car Display

13:40:00 Super Bikes

13:50:00 Group B Rally Car Parade

14:00:00 Caterham F1 car run

14:10:00 Pro Drift

14:20:00 Ferrari Owners Club parade

14:30:00 Legend Sprint

14:35:00 Jenson Button Vodafone McLaren F1

14:40:00 Historical Mercedes / Jenson track run

14:45:00 GP2 Sprint

14:55:00 Super Car Parade

15:05:00 Race Car Demo

15:15:00 Rally Car Display

15:25:00 Caterham F1 car run

15:35:00 JB off road Buggys Demo

15:45:00 Monster Street Mania

16:10:00 Super Car Parade

16:20:00 Superbikes

16:30:00 Caterham F1 car run

16:40:00 Ferrari Owners Club parade

16:50:00 Group B Rally Car Parade

17:00:00 Pro Drift

17:05:00 Show Ends

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

Any one know if Eddie Jordan will be at the pre party in temple bar on the saturday, would love to get his signature on a few old Jordan memorbila.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 gunnerman1100

brownacid wrote: »
    Any one know if Eddie Jordan will be at the pre party in temple bar on the saturday, would love to get his signature on a few old Jordan memorbila.

i think he is playing with his band there that night. im not 100% sure on that though so it would be worth checking it out first .

It seems thaey have moved the paddock down to the convention center, I cycle past there everyday, saw the stands and hospitality stuff up today.

Will be a great spot to get the sights in.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Great, the earliest train arrives at midday from Longford.... and Bus Eireann don't have any near that time too. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Tara Street will be closed until 19:00 on Sunday. The Nearest DART station to get off in Town is at either Pearse & Connolly Station.

http://www.bavariacityracing.ie/bcrd/bavaria-city-racing-travel-map

Also, I discovered Irish Rail are doing a competition to win a pair of tickets to the event at the F1 Paddock by doing a quick survey which was only two questions long.

http://www.irishrail.ie/cat_offers.jsp?i=4605

And for anyone who lives around the city; Dublin Bus have put up their diversions for both Saturday & Sunday on with the following links

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/General-News/Bavaria-Racing-Car-Event-Diversions/Bavaria-City-Racing-Diversions-Saturday-2nd-June-/

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/General-News/Bavaria-Racing-Car-Event-Diversions/Diversions-Sunday-3rd-June-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

i think he is playing with his band there that night. im not 100% sure on that though so it would be worth checking it out first .

Doesn't Damon Hill sometimes play in his band with him? That would be pretty cool if he did. Any idea how I could check see if he will be there, as far as i know he doesn't have a twitter account and don't really want to bring in the stuff if he won't be there or wouldn't be willing to sign anything. I have a flag from the '99 season , my goal is potentially to get Eddie's, Frentzen's and Hill's signature on it.

brownacid wrote: »
    Doesn't Damon Hill sometimes play in his band with him? That would be pretty cool if he did. Any idea how I could check see if he will be there, as far as i know he doesn't have a twitter account and don't really want to bring in the stuff if he won't be there or wouldn't be willing to sign anything. I have a flag from the '99 season , my goal is potentially to get Eddie's, Frentzen's and Hill's signature on it.

i dont im afraid . if you have facebook you could go onto the "Bavaria City Racing Dublin" page and ask them there.

i dont im afraid . if you have facebook you could go onto the "Bavaria City Racing Dublin" page and ask them there.

Go to the 6th Paragraph . It wont let me copy and paste it . But its start's with "On Saturday June 2nd" . Hope that helps.

http://www.bavariacityracing.ie/bcrd/archives/722

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I was having a look at the stands in front of custom house today and reckon they might be too high to see a F1 car going past in front of them. The first row of seats is well above the height of a normal car.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I for one can not wait :D To see and hear a F1 car in the streets of Dublin and Jensen driving makes it even sweeter :D

Anyone else heading to this????

I was having a look at the stands in front of custom house today and reckon they might be too high to see a F1 car going past in front of them. The first row of seats is well above the height of a normal car.

I wouldn't worry to much about that . When I was at silverstone last year for the f1 the stands were fairly high up and you could see grand and we were 4th row on the new pit straight and plus this isn't there first event at this so I'm sure the organisers know what they are doing .

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭trabpc

Is this event all ticket affair. Can the steerage class see anything for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Not the best picture, but looks like they were getting ready for a photoshoot this morning.

d3158522.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,245 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Seeing as Abi is lording her pit pass over me in AH.

Do you guys know where the best place to see all the best action is?

Along the quays?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Lads im taking my son up to this and wondering where i should go for a decent view if possible :)
    Ill be driving up from Monasterevin and parking in the Luas park and ride at red cow.

Anyone see TV3`s report this morning , FFS it was pathetic.
    They showed youtube footage of the Rotterdam event but couldnt use the sound so they had what sounded like a computer game sample in the background :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement