Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rdf / Fca

• 12-03-2008 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3 DulchieGirl

can anyone give me some advice on contacting past members of the fca?

My boyfriend was involved in this years ago and had some good mates, but lost touch over the years as he was abroad for a while.

A milestone party approaching for him soon so would love to try dig up some of his old mates

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭cp251

I'm here!
    It would help to know his battalion, company and time period. There was a very high wastage rate in the FCA. I think by the time I left after six years there were only a few from the two original recruit platoons when I joined. Yes two recruit platoons, fifty to sixty recruits for one company!
    It was like a war at times, one day a guy would be there, the next he was gone, never to be seen again. A heavy casualty rate.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DulchieGirl

Oh thank you for replying!! Yes, fair point, a bit of additional information might be a help!! Hard to get this info from him without raising suspicion. How many areas do they have in the Northside of Dublin? I suppose it would have been around 20 odd years ago. I think a couple of the guys were really in to it so would have been there for a while. Is that any help what so ever? Was thinking of calling the FCA and giving this info but websites I was on today have mobile phone numbers as contacts...unless I'm looking in the totally wrong place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Bam Bam

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DulchieGirl

Thanks for your help guys. Much appreciated.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

North side it was most likly what is now the 65th inf Bn, you could go ton their HQ and enquiren with some of the older members.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Cato

can anyone give some info on the orgies that suposedly happen in the RDF? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Cato wrote: »

I could but I won't.

Should I report you? Is this something that would make sense be reported.
    Sexual relationships and activities conducted openly in a communal environment, or encouraging other members to take part in such activities as an expected part of a communal environment.

That is a regulation specifically prohibiting Orgies.

That is all the information you need on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

the 65th Battalion would be your best bet to start looking. Was he in Mckee, Swords etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

Cato wrote: »
    what happen's on camp stay's on camp;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭cp251

20 years ago, He could have been in the then 20th infantry battalion, A, B, C, D, E companies in Griffith barracks or the 2nd? Anti Aircraft. Or the 11th Field signals in Collins barracks or 11th cavalry or the Military police or the medics or supply and transport. You would kind of need to narrow it down a bit.

As for orgies, none fortunately as in my time there were no girls in the FCA back then. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Jasiah Flat Swindler

Ring up the general office of the Director of Reserve Forces, they'll point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭trellheim

All we really need know is where he paraded and with what unit.

e.g B Coy 21st Inf or A Coy 7th Bn or 11 Fd Sigs [ He should at least remember this much ]

Once you provide this the posters here can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Maoltuile

"can anyone give me some advice on contacting past members of the fca?"

As someone has already as much said, contact his old centre (or the new amalgamated one). There's likely to be now-officers and NCOs around who'll still have contact details for others.

"He should at least remember this much"

I once met one individual on camp who _didn't_ ;) (note that I'm discounting the many "FCÁ" members who I encountered on Braveheart many moons ago!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kickers47

hi, i was a member of D coy an pearse in catha brugha barracks y rathmines ..for three years .was on the first 81 mortar course in the glen so was wondering if there are any ex members .Dave mugan is my name and have photos ..will post them when i figure this out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

Check out the 20th Infantry Battalion page on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/50203009533/

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Dont forget the 7th F.A.R in mc kee

• Registered Users Posts: 1 maddieormond

I was a 3star private in the 20th inf batt,c coy Griffith bks 1975 to 1980,it was a great experience

Advertisement