Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anywhere in Dublin you can buy a UK Sim?

Options
  • 31-10-2012 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭

I want to start applying for jobs in the UK. However, I feel I have a better chance of being considered if my contact details listed a UK number, as opposed to an Irish number.

British Sim Cards are fairly inexpensive in the UK, and work internationally, but I was wondering if there's any way I could buy one in Dublin that would still work for receiving British calls?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Use a voip service in the UK & forward the call on to your mobile here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

I want to start applying for jobs in the UK. However, I feel I have a better chance of being considered if my contact details listed a UK number, as opposed to an Irish number.

British Sim Cards are fairly inexpensive in the UK, and work internationally, but I was wondering if there's any way I could buy one in Dublin that would still work for receiving British calls?

if you cannot buy one in dublin.....i would be happy to post you one from the uk....if it helps...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

OU812 wrote: »
    Use a voip service in the UK & forward the call on to your mobile here

Would they assign me a new UK number? Where could I get this done?
    if you cannot buy one in dublin.....i would be happy to post you one from the uk....if it helps...

Thank you for the kind offer. I'll weigh up my options and see what's easiest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Yeah you just "rent" a number from them & load it with credit to pay for the forwarding

Advertisement