Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A4-Remote Central locking not working

• 19-08-2008 7:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

As of yesterday this isn't working, have to use key to lock and unlock.

Would it just be battery gone? Can i replace this myself or do i need the garage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

As of yesterday this isn't working, have to use key to lock and unlock.

Would it just be battery gone? Can i replace this myself or do i need the garage?

Try a new battery first. If it's the flick key then the top half comes away from the bottom half (might need to get a knife in between the 2 parts), then I think you have to prise it in half again to get at the battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭darrenoneill33

Yeah its a flick key....

where would i get a battery...whats the handiest place?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Yeah its a flick key....

where would i get a battery...whats the handiest place?

I'd say a motor factors should stock them. Last time I had to replace a battery I just raided the spare key box :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jjassonn

Afternoon All,
    I recently bought a 2002 audi a4 but unfortunatley only got one key. To my horror I have recently been told that it could cost up to 300 euro to get a second. A friend of mine told me to go onto ebay and look for a "blank" key and you can get them programmed and it will save a fortune. When I checked this out you can indeed buy these blank keys but they have different frequencies. Would anybody know whether these different frequencies matter and if they do, how can i find out what frequency is compatible with my car.
    This is my first posting on this forum so I hope I haven't made a balls of this.
    Thanx

Jason

• Registered Users Posts: 33,385 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Try www.autokey.ie

The dealers are chancers on the price!! They are direct suppliers to dealers so you will get a better price going to the source.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jjassonn

Cheers for that. I actually ended up buying the key from ebay, got it cut but the guy who was supposed to be coding the key couldn't get some code out of the car. Still waiting for him to get back to me on it.

Advertisement