Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ros na Run

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Is Francis and co. are to be taken down, you will take the fall for Jason? I recon that Tadhg won't let his son go to jail. Mean and all that he is, I think that might happen.

Not after Tina gets dragged through the mud of course.

i don't know think of the fun the writers could have,

Dara losing yet another child as in Tina having the child in jail... Him feeling its payback for abandoning Maeve? Her refusing to be separated from the child because it means she's put in a wing for mothers and babies and has it easier in prison.

Tina finally getting her come uppence, for killing O'Dowd and Daniel?

Jason getting off with whats he's done (again), Francis & Tadgh get back together now she's involved n his dodgy dealings, the fall out from that, plus the show would be lost without tadgh.

Roise helping Tina hide the truth could also be implicated,

It would be a lot better than having the locals gossiping about tadgh killing a man (again) because i agree Tadgh is going to take the fall.

the only alternative outcome would be both Jason and Tadgh confess, they cannot figure out who actually did it and they both get off as a result.

or the truth comes out that he tried to rape Francis and Tadgh gets off for it because of that, and showing Jason freaking out because his dad is taking the fall, and hearing all the locals gossiping about tadgh starts him off shouting that he's actually a good man..yadda yadda

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

As suggested I watched four episodes on the player and it was great, will start watching all the time. I've read this forum just need to know who Tina is?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

deelite wrote: »
    As suggested I watched four episodes on the player and it was great, will start watching all the time. I've read this forum just need to know who Tina is?

Great stuff! Tina is the women who is running the bookies and was in with a bad crowd a while back. Barry, the lad who was found in the bog, was asking some questions about her past and she mentioned it to one of her 'friends' (not so sure of how she knew him but some of her history is here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ros_na_R%C3%BAn). She is with Dara, who is the owner of Gaudis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

Just happened to be surfing the channels and came across it ...must be about 8 years since I last saw it. Can't believe that Evan is now all grown up :D

And Tadhg still as slippery looking as ever :P

i am laughing at Bernies re-action, it wasn't too long ago she had Maire in the same predicament!

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Dailyface

Evanín and Berni nailed it tonite, that storyline is very good!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crap, it's not loaded on the TG4 player yet! I want to see it!

so? money on
    Tina
    going down for either
    o'dowds murder or barry's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Hey Deelite,

Glad you are enjoying Ros na Rún! It's on Tuesday and Thursday directly after FC - which I know you watch too. Be sure to switch over quickly as it sometimes starts before the FC credits end! :)

Since I moved to Dublin (actually from Spiddal where RnR is filmed.) I have encouraged lots of people to watch the show - have yet to get a bad response!

Most of my convertees have found it useful for picking up the language too - or so I'm told!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 JDunphy

Whoever is writing this show doesn't have a clue. One day evan is in leaving cert the next day he is doing TY work experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

JDunphy wrote: »
    Whoever is writing this show doesn't have a clue. One day evan is in leaving cert the next day he is doing TY work experience.

I could be wrong, but I think he was pretending to be on TY work experience because he wanted a job to earn money for Niamh and the baby and that was the only way anyone would hire him.

I don't know what year he's supposed to be in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Things are looking a bit shady for Niamh. Very topical what with all the noise about abortion at the moment. And the reality of women buying pills online.

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Things are looking a bit shady for Niamh. Very topical what with all the noise about abortion at the moment. And the reality of women buying pills online.

Ya and Evan said it must be ok because it was off the Internet!

Fair handy that his mother is going out with a doctor! :P

Looks like Tina will start to get the blame for Barry's murder now. Catronia has the knives out now.

What's the background story on Vince and Brid?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

What's the background story on Vince and Brid?

They were engaged to be married, recently enough as she proposed on the 29th of February last year. She had a girl called Grace working in her shop who Vince had been having an affair with. Grace had tried to poison Bríd but nobody knew it was Grace. Grace disappeared when Brid and Vince got engaged but came back a few months later - pregnant. Well it was a cushion under her geansaí but nobody in Ros na Rún knew that. She got Vince to come round to her house and tied him to her bed and was going to kill him and herself but Brid called round and found him and found out about everything. Grace had been telling Brid all about "the father of the baby" who was married so Brid knew everything then.

And Vince still thinks he can win her back :confused:

Thanks Julyjane I'm only a newcomer to RnR - and I'm loving it.

Now Sny chance of the background on Caitriona, and the man and the woman (I think she was referred to as the black widow and she's pregnant by the man). I will get to grips with the names soon. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

Thanks Julyjane I'm only a newcomer to RnR - and I'm loving it.

Now Sny chance of the background on Caitriona, and the man and the woman (I think she was referred to as the black widow and she's pregnant by the man). I will get to grips with the names soon. Thanks

Caitriona was going out with Brendan and then it turns out he was a pedofile and died. Afterwards Caitriona found out she was pregnant but didn't tell anyone. She had a one night stand with Dara.

Dara and Tina were married but Tadgh on their wedding day, showed a film of Tina kissing Dara's cousin Cathal. They broke up and it was after this that Cait and Dara had a one night stand. She let him think that Meave, the baby is his. Only Cathal and Grainne know the truth. Dara then got with Caitriona before having an affair with his wife, so he's now back with Tina.

Tina was married to O'Dowd (now deceased) and he was a ganster. Tina was too and she's killed Daniel (made it look like a heartattack).

Hope that clears it up!

I am loving the storyline with evan and niamh! They are really good actors!!!!

hoodwinked wrote: »

the Barry storyline is heating up, the question is will they use it to get Tina even though she's innocent (this time) and her cronies, or will they take Francis tadgh and Jason down?

Yup :D

i know its wrong but id love to see Tina go down for this, i like Jason and tadgh... every time i see dara making puppy eyes at Tina saying things like "ill help cover for you" it just makes me shiver, its like he's saying:
    "i know you killed a man but its ok because i love you and ill help you get away with murder"**

**and if my husband said that i'd kill him for not believing i was innocent! :eek: :pac:

When Francis appeared behind Tina in the street I was sure she was going to confess. It's a very good story line.

Niamh and Evan was also good but I prefer the one with Mr. Gaudi and the Black Widow :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tipptopper

Dailyface wrote: »
    I am loving the storyline with evan and niamh! They are really good actors!!!!

Did you see the episode when Niamh was on her death bed? Her mother and Evan at her bedside taking about her, camera shoots over to her and you could clearly see her blinking on 2 separate occasions, absolutely terrible acting and even worse that the production team didn’t cop it, don’t know why they didn’t, twas as plain as the nose on her face she was struggling to keep her eyes closed for the few seconds the camera was on her. Terrible stuff

tipptopper wrote: »
    Did you see the episode when Niamh was on her death bed? Her mother and Evan at her bedside taking about her, camera shoots over to her and you could clearly see her blinking on 2 separate occasions, absolutely terrible acting and even worse that the production team didn’t cop it, don’t know why they didn’t, twas as plain as the nose on her face she was struggling to keep her eyes closed for the few seconds the camera was on her. Terrible stuff

Ya spotted that, the story line was more focused on Evan then Niamh maybe the producers didn't have the confidence in her to take on a storyline like this and centered it on Evan. But she was still good in the previos episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Donall4

Dailyface wrote: »
    Ya spotted that, the story line was more focused on Evan then Niamh maybe the producers didn't have the confidence in her to take on a storyline like this and centered it on Evan. But she was still good in the previos episodes.

I am happy that it focused on Evan he is HILARIOUS when he gives out to Berni didnt see him doing see him do anything serios scenes but then when the storline went on and he broke down crying it twas realsitic hes my favourite this season. I hope he has a biger part in the future!!

O shea good as well, scary lady!

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

What age is Tina meant to be portraying? She has amazing skin, and looks younger than Roise did in the interview scene earlier. I know Roise has slightly problematic skin, but Tina looks almost wrinkle free...

thalia_13 wrote: »
    What age is Tina meant to be portraying? She has amazing skin, and looks younger than Roise did in the interview scene earlier. I know Roise has slightly problematic skin, but Tina looks almost wrinkle free...

Tina is definitely a looker ;)

Mr Gaudi gave Tadhg some box in the bar, long overdue after all the digs he threw at him. Everyone can see that Dara was going to lose the plot at some stage. Still don't know why they want to go somewhere for peace and quiet and then end up in the pub!

A very good story line

Donall4 wrote: »
    I am happy that it focused on Evan he is HILARIOUS when he gives out to Berni didnt see him doing see him do anything serios scenes but then when the storline went on and he broke down crying it twas realsitic hes my favourite this season. I hope he has a biger part in the future!!

O shea good as well, scary lady!

Ya if Evan does not stay away then I am sure O'Shea will make him stay the night in a cell or something haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Great to have Lee back - she is terrific!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭technocrat

Great to have Lee back - she is terrific!
    She plays the bitch very well and winding up Tadgh tonight was great to watch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 John ODonovan

Ffs the large 32 year old man playing the schoolboy just looks stupid in his school uniform.

Advertisement