Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

My Circumcision Story

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Yeah fair ****s to you man and congrats too. perhaps we should sticky this, let people know they can contact tbh for advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ikol

well done man. because of this thread i went myself to get it done after years of denial.and all is going well now after a few months..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

thanks a lot lads, and ikol, I re-read your advice the night before and it helped a lot, so cheers man. As for advice, I'm obviously no expert but as I say, if you want to know what my experience was like it's on the thread or pm me. One of the things that surprised me was the amount of people replying, I've never really heard any lads talk about this before - of course I wouldn't bring it up myself, so why would anyone else? but it's obviously something that affected more people that I realised.

edit: when I got home my sister had bought me a t-shirt saying "everyone loves a jewish boy"! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

tbh wrote:

edit: when I got home my sister had bought me a t-shirt saying "everyone loves a jewish boy"! ;)

lawl :D good stuff, and well done man :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Hells_Belle

I would really like to hear what womens views are on this subject. I mean do they prefer if a fella is circumcised or does it not matter ....???

I prefer to have intercourse with a bloke who isn't in pain. Other than that, I really don't mind one way or the other (and I've taken an extensive survey!)

There is a very, very large range of "normal" in the penis department, just as there is in the vulva/labia department, and I wish men were more self-accepting about themselves. Polonecks, baklavas, roundheads, caveliers... it really makes no difference to me - just as long as it doesn't cause pain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭brum

I had my op 8 days ago.......

today in the middle of the day, i went for a piss and found my pants covered in blood........

Anyone suffer from bleeding post op?

I had a bit, but not so much I'd use the term 'covered' - just a tiny bit. I think it's the stitches starting to come out (PLEASE GOD!), it seems to have stopped now anway.

Just thought I'd give an update for those who have been following: Tomorrow it'll be two weeks since the op, and I'm amazed at how much better I am. No pain, no bleeding, no discomfort whatsoever - I'm very nearly in the same state as I was before I got the op done, but much better obviously. I kind of thought that the state I was in after the op would be the state - pretty much - that I would always be in, and I would just get used to it, but it's nothing like that, it's totally fine.

tbh wrote:
    Just thought I'd give an update for those who have been following: Tomorrow it'll be two weeks since the op, and I'm amazed at how much better I am. No pain, no bleeding, no discomfort whatsoever - I'm very nearly in the same state as I was before I got the op done, but much better obviously. I kind of thought that the state I was in after the op would be the state - pretty much - that I would always be in, and I would just get used to it, but it's nothing like that, it's totally fine.

hey, its day 11 for me since the op. I was wearign briefs for the last 11 days which made life a bit more bareable. Started wearing boxers again this morning. Still as sensitive as ****. Plus the head keeps sticking to my legs!!!! Bleeding is all but a dribble now and then i assum efor the stitches. Loads of stitches still in tach.. havent disolved yet. Swelling is still bad but gone down a lot.....

Can u relate to this or have u had a different story?

brum wrote:
    hey, its day 11 for me since the op. I was wearign briefs for the last 11 days which made life a bit more bareable. Started wearing boxers again this morning. Still as sensitive as ****. Plus the head keeps sticking to my legs!!!! Bleeding is all but a dribble now and then i assum efor the stitches. Loads of stitches still in tach.. havent disolved yet. Swelling is still bad but gone down a lot.....

Can u relate to this or have u had a different story?

the main change in me is that I used to wear boxers, but wear shorts now :)

Let me just say Brum, the weekend made a huge difference for me - on Friday, I was 50% recovered, by sunday it was 90% - huge change in two days. I don't know if that's the norm, but that's how it went for me - first 10 days or so was very slow progress, and then it's like my healing mechanism 'woke up' and kicked in big style. It's not sensitive at all now - well, it is from time to time, but I'm not aware/concious of it at all - if you'd told me that on Friday last I wouldn't have believed you.

I've not had any bleeding at all yet - just a bit of spotting. I think the first stitch came out, but it seems like all the other stitches are still there, however they are not sore at all and look like they'll be out soon. the swelling is totally gone, and I think that makes a big difference - I'm able to pee standing up again! it's a gradual process but it looks like once you are over the 'tipping' point, as I was on Friday, it's grand. Of course, I may be very lucky, or you may be very unlucky (it's never stuck to my leg!!) but that's the way it went for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Fantastic tbh - really pleased for you. There's hope for us all yet! :)
    And hang on in there brum: yours sounds like a normal healing process from what I've read. tbh has been very lucky!

Do both keep us posted, thanks :)

tbh wrote:
    the main change in me is that I used to wear boxers, but wear shorts now :)

Let me just say Brum, the weekend made a huge difference for me - on Friday, I was 50% recovered, by sunday it was 90% - huge change in two days. I don't know if that's the norm, but that's how it went for me - first 10 days or so was very slow progress, and then it's like my healing mechanism 'woke up' and kicked in big style. It's not sensitive at all now - well, it is from time to time, but I'm not aware/concious of it at all - if you'd told me that on Friday last I wouldn't have believed you.

I've not had any bleeding at all yet - just a bit of spotting. I think the first stitch came out, but it seems like all the other stitches are still there, however they are not sore at all and look like they'll be out soon. the swelling is totally gone, and I think that makes a big difference - I'm able to pee standing up again! it's a gradual process but it looks like once you are over the 'tipping' point, as I was on Friday, it's grand. Of course, I may be very lucky, or you may be very unlucky (it's never stuck to my leg!!) but that's the way it went for me.

Its really annoying me now.... im at the point u were last friday - kinda thinking il never be right again. The swelling is still huge, wearing boxers makes it way more sensitive and slower to get around. I havent been outside the house yet simply bc it would hurt to drive and even if i got somewhere, it would take too long to walk around. Ive been having baths daily to help with the stitches coming out, started having showers yesterday - weird experience, super sensitive. You said you had trouble peeing standing up... had no problem standing up to be honest.

I just wish to god i was fit again. Thank god i dont work full time.... im in college so im able to take time off.

brum wrote:
    Its really annoying me now.... im at the point u were last friday - kinda thinking il never be right again. The swelling is still huge, wearing boxers makes it way more sensitive and slower to get around. I havent been outside the house yet simply bc it would hurt to drive and even if i got somewhere, it would take too long to walk around. Ive been having baths daily to help with the stitches coming out, started having showers yesterday - weird experience, super sensitive. You said you had trouble peeing standing up... had no problem standing up to be honest.

I just wish to god i was fit again. Thank god i dont work full time.... im in college so im able to take time off.

I wasn't sore peeing standing up - it was just too difficult to direct the flow, no problems now at all :) I didn't take baths for about 10 days afterwards, would just fill a beaker with warm, salty water, and let it dangle in there for a bit :) I've thrown the beaker out now :) Didn't really have a problem with the sensitivity when I started showering again, I think (based on what others have told me) that's because I didn't have a bandage on, so started de-sensitizing straight away. I had two weeks off work, and during the second week, kind of felt like I was ok to be mobile again, but made myself sit still, and I think that's really helped - honestly, the only thing now is that the stitches are still in, other than that, I'm waaay above the normal I had before the op.

tbh wrote:
    I wasn't sore peeing standing up - it was just too difficult to direct the flow, no problems now at all :) I didn't take baths for about 10 days afterwards, would just fill a beaker with warm, salty water, and let it dangle in there for a bit :) I've thrown the beaker out now :) Didn't really have a problem with the sensitivity when I started showering again, I think (based on what others have told me) that's because I didn't have a bandage on, so started de-sensitizing straight away. I had two weeks off work, and during the second week, kind of felt like I was ok to be mobile again, but made myself sit still, and I think that's really helped - honestly, the only thing now is that the stitches are still in, other than that, I'm waaay above the normal I had before the op.

you say you are pretty much de-sensitized..... ive been wearing briefs for the last 10 days during the day and sleeping. How the hell are u de-sensitized. did u leave it out in the open or what?

I was also told to have baths in water with no salt? hmmm

brum wrote:
    you say you are pretty much de-sensitized.....

no, I am de-sensitized. Trust me :)
    brum wrote:
    ive been wearing briefs for the last 10 days during the day and sleeping. How the hell are u de-sensitized. did u leave it out in the open or what?

I didn't wear anything other than loose pj's or trackie bottoms for the first two weeks - it would have been easier to wear briefs, but I figured, gotta take the knocks sooner or later. It seems to have worked for me, but I'm not saying that it works for everyone. I'm not trying to score points against you or anything, I'm just telling you what it's been like for me. Up to friday, I was very concious of it rubbing against cloth or whatever. Today, it doesn't bother me at all.

I was also told to have baths in water with no salt? hmmm

what can I tell ya? My consultant's exact words were "have a warm bath, and put some salt in it to help" I didn't have a bath, I just filled a bowl with warm water, put some salt (about two handfuls) in, and let it soak for maybe ten mins. I did this twice a day for the first week, and then in the evening once I'd started showering again. Other people I've been talking to about this have told me they had a bandage for a week, or they were told to put dettol in the bath, or gel on their penis (have a read back through this thread, seems everyone has been told something slightly different). All I was told to do was put salt in the water, and it's worked for me. I can't tell you what you should believe, just - that's what my consultant told me to do, that's what I did, and I'm glad I did.

Thanks for all the answers and advice.........

cheers

hey, a pleasure - feel free to pm me if you need to. I know it's frustrating mate, but hang in there, if you are anything like me, it's nearly over :)

I am considering getting it done but the skin on my penis is quite veiny - is that a problem?

Also, I'm scared about completely losing sensitivity - is that possible?

Hi tbh - I note you are in your early 30s. What caused you to get it done at this relatively late stage can I ask? What was the nature and extent of your problem?

Hope things are improving brum! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,239 ✭✭✭✭Victor

unreg. wrote:
    I am considering getting it done but the skin on my penis is quite veiny - is that a problem?
    I don't imagine its a problem, they just seal up / re-route the blood vessels. I'm sure they've seen it all before.

• Advertisement

unreg. wrote:

Funny - I had the same worries. Doc never even mentioned it, and it must not have been a problem for me!
    Also, I'm scared about completely losing sensitivity - is that possible?

My consultant told me that there were three possible outcomes: Normal sensitivity (less than for non-circumcised men, but still sensitive), total loss of sensitivity and hyper-sensitivity. The first is by far the most common outcome, but the latter two are a possibility. I've not been back in the saddle since the op, but my initial suspicions are that I'm nicely in the middle of the "Dead Piece of Wood" - "Hair trigger" range. Your doc will be able to give you more details, but thats my experience. I can wash it etc without curling up into a ball, but it feels nice when I touch it softly :)

@curious: Well, it's not something that affected me all my life, really only started about 5 years ago. Actually, probably more like 7 or 8. (10). I say 5 cause I'm embarrassed about the time it took me to go to the docs. I basically started to try to learn to live with it - so glad I went in the end, even if it took me years. When I was in my teens and early 20's, this wasn't a problem at all for me so I feel like I'm in a position where I can fairly compare the three states - normal, uncircumsised with the problems I described, and circumscised. Obviously, normal is better, cut is just behind it, but waaaaay ahead of the way I was before the op. I was diagnosed with diabetes when I was 21 and I think that may have brought the problem on, but before that I didn't have a problem at all.

hope you are doing better today brum!

just noticed this thread back again! i'm back to normal now! :)
    2months on everything is fine although the only strange thing is i've lost my sex drive a bit! The penis is still 2different colours of skin but looks much bigger and better and the skin just below the ead is much stronger! Thrilled I got it done, was worth all the pain honestly.
    Oh and I didn't wear underwear for the days after the operation after the bleeding stopped, just a tracksuit end, made things much easier for me leaving everything hang loose!

Ok so another day gone....

Wearing boxers now full time. Getting more and more used to things. Wish the sensitivitity would go down a hell of alot more so i could go out and about without looking like a duck with a bad ass.

Its still rediculously sensitive.

One thing that is having trouble healing is the side of my penis that is facing my sack.... its permanently pushed against my sack so its having trouble healing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Brum, I was at the very same stage as you are about six weeks ago - in my experience the sensitivity went down rapidly after about two weeks, by a month after the op everythings fine. Also the slowest part to heal is the 'underside' where the frenulum is/was, that took nearly a month to be close to 'normality' again for me, and only now (about ten weeks) would it not be apparent (for me) that it had recently been snipped open.

In another ten days or so it will look and feel way better but there is no way to hurry it up that I know of so just hang loose so to speak and wait it out :)

Brum, I was at the very same stage as you are about six weeks ago - in my experience the sensitivity went down rapidly after about two weeks, by a month after the op everythings fine. Also the slowest part to heal is the 'underside' where the frenulum is/was, that took nearly a month to be close to 'normality' again for me, and only now (about ten weeks) would it not be apparent (for me) that it had recently been snipped open.

In another ten days or so it will look and feel way better but there is no way to hurry it up that I know of so just hang loose so to speak and wait it out :)

Nice to know its not just me! cheers... Its feeling better everyday. I havent told anyone outside my family what i did so im kinda stuck at home. Ive given excuses to friends and the like but im gonna have to venture out sometime in the next few days!!! Its just getting easier to move around. Getting used to the sensitivity all the time!

yep, two weeks in and everything is .... fine ;););)

hi,
    fair play to all those who have posted. can i just ask (if its not too personal), after a circumscision, has anybody have any issues having sex..ie too sensitive, not senstive enough, lack of sex drive etc.
    i appreciate the op is not in a position yet to answer this but i was wondering if anyone else had any experience.

thanks.

hi,
    fair play to all those who have posted. can i just ask (if its not too personal), after a circumscision, has anybody have any issues having sex..ie too sensitive, not senstive enough, lack of sex drive etc.
    i appreciate the op is not in a position yet to answer this but i was wondering if anyone else had any experience.

thanks.

Dear god I hope not.... I have a gf waiting in anticipation!

Jesus lads, nice one, yis don't believe how much this thread has answered so many questions for me........, a couple more if ye don't mind....

When erect, how far up is the "Cut Line"

and.....

Is there much colour difference between the revealed skin and unrevealed skin?.....What did the urologist say concerning this to you? This is my greatest concern.

Cheers in advance

• Advertisement

hi,

thanks.

maybe I was being too subtle, you'll have to read my post again:
    tbh wrote:
    yep, two weeks in and everything is .... fine ;););)

that's all I really want to say for now :)

Advertisement