Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Magnet broadband

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Terrible disconnections in the last week, I got a voicemail from magnet claiming they are upgrading my fibre and I should be a firmware update through my router in next few days:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

oh good..ive gone over my data limit on my phone, because of all the modem disconnects at home...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 KickButtowski

Internet has been back up and running with no faults this week. Pretty happy with it so far. I wonder how long it will last!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 zderki

Limerick area - connection (Fatpipe 70) is down since 9AM today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

zderki wrote: »
    Limerick area - connection (Fatpipe 70) is down since 9AM today

Same

• Advertisement

mines up in shannon, but reboots under any kind of load more intensive then web browsing.

Still no reliable connection had no problems all along maybe a year.Last 2 weeks has been a disaster.No internet = no phone got phone call about a job today on the landline trying to talk to her on phone 3 disconnections and a 4 minute router reboot between each attempt to call the job place.Also doing online course this is crazy rand Magnet again today tried to avoid tech support as they don't do much apart from tell you turn it on and off.So went to accounts dept complained and she transferred me to tech even though I told her no point I have been onto them.To make matters worse I must pay for this sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Saga1

Disconnects appear to be fixed (3 days so far, although I'm unsure if the firmware update went out or not.), however I am back to square one; 20mbps download after 7PM once again. It appears I either live with slow internet with no disconnects or full speed with lots of disconnects. Not to mention sometimes the Technicolor likes to block all ports randomly thus not being able to use P2P or FTP services, it's only after I get a new IP address are the port problems resolved.

This is disgraceful. The only reason I'm still with them is because there is no contract. And with that Vodafone/ESB gigabit network coming next year I really CBA to go into a 18 month contract with Eircom, who no doubt have worse business practices than Magnet do, but at least their network is working.

Got an n600 and set it up as an access point, leaving the magnet modem just as a modem, assigning a static ip to the access point and disabled wifi on the modem. No reboots for the last hour, despite working it hard.
    Will update in 24 hours...

still goes down :(

• Advertisement

Rang to vent again. Firmware has been pushed out to modems where user has no phone service , firmware for users with phone not gone through yet, few more days...

Nearly a month now a unreliable service, is there any alternatives to magnet.I want my phone over internet

dave1982 wrote: »
    Nearly a month now a unreliable service, is there any alternatives to magnet.I want my phone over internet

if there was another crowd without contract, id be gone already.

Its so bad now I am tempted to got back to eircom :eek:

I have complained to them by phone and mailed the complaints department.I old them I am thinking of switching but they don't care :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chance The Fapper

They haven't responded to any emails I've sent to the cancellations email they provide. Unacceptable. Will be ringing them tomorrow

1130pm, thought i would head to bed, perhaps a quick session of "the last of us" online. I make sure nothing is downloading on my machines, kick it off...disconnected several times between 1130 and 1230.
    So...dam...annoying...

Still not resolved...
    firmware being worked on, and in addition new modems on backorder to replace exiting ones.
    New one is the THOMSON TG799n (think mine is the tg789vn).

no phone since yesterday

no phone since yesterday

even after a reboot?

phill106 wrote: »
    even after a reboot?

yep reboot and reset, they told my router was not compatible with the updates.

technicolour TG789VN

• Advertisement

yep reboot and reset, they told my router was not compatible with the updates.

technicolour TG789VN

I have the same modem, that firmware shouldnt have been rolled out to you if you had phone service, was known to cause issues with the phone service...

I have the same modem, that firmware shouldnt have been rolled out to you if you had phone service, was known to cause issues with the phone service...

I have nothing last few days, first there was no tone at all now its just fast beeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Belfast55

Having real problems with Magnet. I've now kept a record of time of loss of internet each time and then ringing for a refund when I reach a number of days. It takes a bit of work but to date I've had about 37 euro in reduced charges. This seems a way of getting back to the frustration but if they have not cleared up the mess within the next month I'll be going elsewhere. Perhaps hitting them in the pocket will get their attention! But where to? We must have the most incompetent delivery of internet in western Europe.

Finally I won! Since 1st of September I'm happy UPC Customer!

Best of luck with Magnet issues guys!

Wish i could get upc...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Wish i could get upc...

Ditto....

I'm at the end of my tether with Magnet, just came home after a weeks work, had the internet disconnect twice over WiFi for no reason at all just web browsing on my phone, then I tried to play Destiny on my PS4 and it crapped out again... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Izmak

Complained on their Twitter yesterday, had a phone call 15 minutes later. They said that the router patch for customers also using thier phone service was this/next week.

Then again, the Agent I spoke to also said that she'd increase my internet speed from the 28mb I had it lowered to to try to increase stability, and I got home after an 11 hour shift yesterday to no change whatsoever, and the red light on my modem.

Izmak wrote: »
    Complained on their Twitter yesterday, had a phone call 15 minutes later. They said that the router patch for customers also using thier phone service was this/next week.

Then again, the Agent I spoke to also said that she'd increase my internet speed from the 28mb I had it lowered to to try to increase stability, and I got home after an 11 hour shift yesterday to no change whatsoever, and the red light on my modem.

Whats their twitter handle?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Izmak

Whats their twitter handle?

@MagnetNetworks

I emailed them again yesterday. The Technicolor Firmware patch for Customers also using their Phone Service is out, and if you call them up they should be able to issue the patch to you. It upgraded the Router firmware from Version 10.2.5.5.BL to 10.5.2.R.DEMO, so hopefully the issues are resolved now.

Now I just need them to increase my 'Net speed again.

• Advertisement

magnetnetworks

Advertisement