Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Year UCC Students 2012-2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Luno wrote: »
    If you never applied for a HEAR place you wont be getting a place. You'll receive the general orientation pack in a week or so with regards to registration etc.

Great thanks for your help. I'll just wait for the pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Vetton

breeno94 wrote: »
    anybody in block h in brookfield?

I think you're the fourth to say! So far all freshers, which is nice. (: What floor did you get?

Ring them, that's what my mother did and they tell you where to go and stuff .. something about a big green house between 2 and 6, and then the warden's office after that :)

What? :eek: They never told me any of that. Just told me to sign in at Castlewhite. :lol:

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

HEAR scheme is basically extra grants and help designated to students coming from certain schools that are classed as "disadvantaged" because of the area they are located in. Schools would have been visited by a HEAR officer or given info from their guidance counselor about it, forms had to be in ages ago. Its mean's assessed, so it goes to those students whose parents are under a certain income every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

Vetton wrote: »
    What? :eek: They never told me any of that. Just told me to sign in at Castlewhite. :lol:

Are you going down on sunday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 bah94

I think you're the fourth to say! So far all freshers, which is nice. (: What floor did you get?

am i right in saying most people in brookfield are freshers tho? :)

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

That is Castlewhite - if you are at the barrier entrance to Castlewhite by Gaols cross, you should nearly see it - apartment blocks are on your left, offices on the right, walk all the way down and its that green building in from of you

Are you going down on sunday?

Indeed, I am. :) You?

bah94 wrote: »
    am i right in saying most people in brookfield are freshers tho? :)

I believe so, from what I'm hearing so far.

Indeed, I am. :) You?

Yup! Seems like a few are, not too bad, thought I'd be the only one :D

• Advertisement

Yup! Seems like a few are, not too bad, thought I'd be the only one :D

Kless stuff. :cool: Hey see the timetable we got, do you know if we have to attend everything on that? I'm not a fan of Irish, and that event on Wednesday does nothing for me. :pac:

Kless stuff. :cool: Hey see the timetable we got, do you know if we have to attend everything on that? I'm not a fan of Irish, and that event on Wednesday does nothing for me. :pac:

The Irish is only 15 minutes long :) Which event on wednesday?

The Irish is only 15 minutes long :) Which event on wednesday?

>only

That's long. :P That Ionad.. one you're on about. Every other event on the page looks so fun though, especially Tuesday's! I'm curious about the essay writing and sports one.

>only

That's long. :P That Ionad.. one you're on about. Every other event on the page looks so fun though, especially Tuesday's! I'm curious about the essay writing and sports one.

Hahaha, if you ask I'm sure you could sit it out :)

That essay writing seems weird, tbh I'm looking forward to the quiz the most .. I love quizzes :D

Hahaha, if you ask I'm sure you could sit it out :)

That essay writing seems weird, tbh I'm looking forward to the quiz the most .. I love quizzes :D

Aw nah, I wouldn't want to be the only one excluded. I'll suck it up and act interested. :P

I think it's maybe guidelines for essay writing in our courses. Oh yah, that too, haha. You'll easily see who the hyper/rowdy ones are. :pac: The bowling too! Ugh, let's just settle on everything before we name the whole timetable out, lel.

Aw nah, I wouldn't want to be the only one excluded. I'll suck it up and act interested. :P

I think it's maybe guidelines for essay writing in our courses. Oh yah, that too, haha. You'll easily see who the hyper/rowdy ones are. :pac: The bowling too! Ugh, let's just settle on everything before we name the whole timetable out, lel.

And Quazar :P Haha ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

>only

The Mardyke is actually a really good sports centre!

The essay writing is one I'd advise ye go to, both in the HEAR scheme and the freshers fest - gives good advice on how to avoid plagurism and to reference correctly as well as structuring essays

And Quazar :P Haha ok :)

What exactly is quazar? I've never heard of it before. :o Lolno, I was teasing. Talk away!
    The Mardyke is actually a really good sports centre!

:drool: That's good to hear! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FIRTHY

yayy another person going :):):) whats the craic with Sunday so lads? what time should we be there for?

• Advertisement

FIRTHY wrote: »
    yayy another person going :):):) whats the craic with Sunday so lads? what time should we be there for?

:D

I'll be there about 6pm, the earliest I can get there for. :pac: I say we should all go out and tour around the campus to get to know our surroundings for the week (and year) ahead?

I'll be there about 6pm, the earliest I can get there for. :pac: I say we should all go out and tour around the campus to get to know our surroundings for the week (and year) ahead?
    im soooooo up for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

Their my pick aswell :) im still a bit nervous incase its a major work load on myself

I know what you mean but every course will have quite a work load, depends on what grade you want to get out of it too. What do you think you'll do as your double major in second and third year?

I think I'll keep on English and Geography, we'll see how I feel about it at the end of first year though!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dcbeast

So, what do we all think about the timetable then? :)

Looks alright to me.

I'm defo up for that! How will we all get together?

Nicole. wrote: »
    I know what you mean but every course will have quite a work load, depends on what grade you want to get out of it too. What do you think you'll do as your double major in second and third year?

I think I'll keep on English and Geography, we'll see how I feel about it at the end of first year though!
    im the very same... Geography and English!!! hopefully they will up to my expectations :):)

I'm defo up for that! How will we all get together?

I dunno, we could all meet at the entrance of Castlewhite at some time frame? Or just check on here and be all 'wtf are you guys? ;o' haha. :P Suggestions?

I dunno, we could all meet at the entrance of Castlewhite at some time frame? Or just check on here and be all 'wtf are you guys? ;o' haha. :P Suggestions?
    haha ye by fair funny alrite!! il give sumone my number if that will help??? doesnt bother me!! and we all have the bit of banterrr :P:P

I think meeting at the entrance, I dunno if I'll be able to get onto this .. is anyone bringing their laptop?

• Advertisement

haha ye by fair funny alrite!! il give sumone my number if that will help??? doesnt bother me!! and we all have the bit of banterrr :P:P

I don't know what you mean. :rolleyes: Sure go ahead, haha. True that!
    I think meeting at the entrance, I dunno if I'll be able to get onto this .. is anyone bringing their laptop?

Might be the easiest option so long as there isn't too many entrances. :P Nah, got my phone to depend on instead. :)

Advertisement