Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stupid things your family have done

Options
  • 31-05-2013 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭

My mum was once driving the car,a can of soup fell on the floor and while driving decided to pick it up.Ended up crashing her brand new car

Back in the drink driving days mid 90s my did came home from the local about mile away after a shot of pints...proceeded to park in our neighbours drive,walk in their door and sat down watching tv.....thankfully we have a good relationship with them

My bro had his first car and was wizzing around the country roads..a corsa...proceeded to come around a corner and plough into a herd f cows happy out crossing the road..killed one poor fella and rode off the car.he had to go gack cycling the 15mile trip to his gf place in rain to get the ride

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Had me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

That username fairly suits ye OP

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

gack cycling? is that like bog snorkeling?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

My mother used smoke cigars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Hownowcow

Specialun wrote: »
    My bro had his first car and was wizzing around the country roads..a corsa...proceeded to come around a corner and plough into a herd f cows happy out crossing the road..killed one poor fella and rode off the car.he had to go gack cycling the 15mile trip to his gf place in rain to get the ride

What type of car had she got?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

You should apply for the Driving Darwin awards as a family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

My mum was once driving the car,a can of soup fell on the floor and while driving decided to pick it up.Ended up crashing her brand new car

Back in the drink driving days mid 90s my did came home from the local about mile away after a shot of pints...proceeded to park in our neighbours drive,walk in their door and sat down watching tv.....thankfully we have a good relationship with them

I'm seeing a pattern here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    My mother used smoke cigars

As opposed to using the smokeless type?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Had me.

I agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I agree
    Nice to see we finally agree on something.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Fizgig Bandicoot

Looked out the window to see a huge hole in the pier. Mam shakily opens the door a minute later, white as a sheet. She had meant to put her foot on the brake but put it on the accelerator instead. She then proceeded to give out to my sister and myself and tried to blame us for putting her under pressure even though we weren't in the car with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

I'm confused. I realise you might be quite young but it was illegal to drink drive even in the prehistoric days of the mid 90s and most right thinking people even way back then disapproved of drink drivers never miind someone who was so pissed he didn't realise he was not in own house! I wouldn't go telling that story and expecting laughs.

Yours truly

A spoilsport

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Gandolph Lundgren

Back in the mid 80's my dad owned a Mini van: http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/attachments/f7/4091d1340650400-mini-obscenity-minivan-mini-van-07.jpg

My brothers and me caved the roof in by one day deciding to jump on it. Dad was not a happy pappy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I'm confused. I realise you might be quite young but it was illegal to drink drive even in the prehistoric days of the mid 90s and most right thinking people even way back then disapproved of drink drivers never miind someone who was so pissed he didn't realise he was not in own house! I wouldn't go telling that story and expecting laughs.

Yours truly

A spoilsport

The OP is a guy who thinks it is ok to punch a guy because the the got annoyed that the OPs dog stole his sliothar.

Classy family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

krudler wrote: »

I'd say its something sexual..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

My daddy spent years of his free time building a underground basement that nobody knew about. I mean what purpose could that have possibly served? Then he destroyed it when he heard some other man in Austria had already done what he had done. Stupid isn't the word for the oul man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

krudler wrote: »

It's something to do with scat, it HAS to be!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

to his gf place in rain to get the ride

at least he scored.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

Arts degrees

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

if it isnt banned any more then 'yore ma' but if it is, then 'your mother'

it was worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭stoeger

My old fella got up on a Sunday morning with a big hagover and drove to the shop
    In his 309 and comes back in a 325i
    Bmw sits down to read the paper and shop owners at the door looking for his car back

Lucky he as sound

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭thereitisgone

stoeger wrote: »
    My old fella got up on a Sunday morning with a big hagover and drove to the shop
    In his 309 and comes back in a 325i
    Bmw sits down to read the paper and shop owners at the door looking for his car back

Lucky he as sound

He was lucky he got it back, bmw 309 very expensive car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

My mother used to buy Chef ketchup.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,549 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

But at least you got a new thread out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Yours truly

A spoilsport

Heard a top comedian tell a very amusing account of a similar story and thought maybe the OP had nicked it.

Can imagine the pc brigade would be a whole lot of fun to bring to a comedian...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

That's a great story, basically you're telling us that your family are a shower of dangerous, irresponsible spastics. I wonder how your post reads to someone whose life/family has been destroyed by gob****es such as your lot. This is why I hate this ****ing country.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mangochavez

Not smothered me as a baby.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

3 incidents over the OP's lifespan = family a shower of spastics

Right...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Pj! wrote: »
    3 incidents over the OP's lifespan = family a shower of spastics

Right...

Right.