Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Input reqd. - 30km Dublin Mountains

• 07-07-2012 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi folks,
    Just looking for a bit of info on an event that we are planning to run. All proceeds will go to Dublin Wicklow Mountain Rescue Team, so i hope you won't mind answering a poll for us.

We are planning a 3/4 marathon distance (or a little shorter) trail race in the Dublin Mountains at the moment. We are looking for a bit of input on the date and also what is a reasonable price for the event.

We have earmarked 6th October for the run, so three weeks in advance of the Dublin City Marathon. Is this something you'd do as prep for your marathon?

The price we have thought about is 45 euro. Given that all proceeds go to charity, is this a reasonable cost?

Thanks in advance,
    Mick O Donnell.

Please select from the options below, concerning the date and price. 49 votes

6th October is spot on as a date
    0% 0 votes
    I would prefer a date earlier than 6th October
    10% 5 votes
    I would prefer a date later than 6th October
    16% 8 votes
    The date isn't a big deal for me, I'd like to do the event in any case
    2% 1 vote
    45 euro is too expensive
    8% 4 votes
    45 euro is a reasonable price
    24% 12 votes
    I would like the option to contribute more, given that the money goes towards mountain rescue
    10% 5 votes
    I would prefer a fixed price structure to a sponsorship structure
    0% 0 votes
    I would prefer a sponsorship structure to a fixed price structure.
    28% 14 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

6th of October will clash with XC Day 1 (7th) for most counties

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Clashes too with the well regarded 3/4 marathon in Athlone which is establishing itself as a great preparation race for the Dublin City marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭SnappyDresser

Agree with the sentiment that if it clashes with the 3/4 marathon in Athlone you will lose loads of potential runners.

Advertisement