Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Jim Power makes my ears bleed. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,485 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

coolhull wrote: »
    Funnily enough, I like Pearse Doherty. But why the fcuk is he with the Shinners?

Himself and Peadar Toibin are the best they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

"don't interrupt me please".
    WTF.
    Is Power going through a mid-life crisis.

He is a gombeen altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Wait for it ....

Vaccinated with a gramophone needle.
    I think she was brave to stand up the HSE and it cost her job at the time (I think she was later reinstated).
    A WHISTLEBLOWER who lost her job just weeks after revealing psychiatric patients were being forced into a locked unit over Christmas said she could not have "slept at night" if she hadn't spoken out.

A government TD and public representatives are calling for an inquiry into the circumstances surrounding the dismissal of Louise Bayliss, an advocacy worker who was told last week her contract with the Irish Advocacy Network (IAN) was being terminated after just three months.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/whistleblower-fired-from-her-job-has-no-regrets-2996535.html

vicwatson wrote: »
    He is a gombeen altogether.

How is he still getting airtime after his past "soft landing" predictions. He should be confined to history with the bankers and politicians of the time.

• Advertisement

Himself and Peadar Toibin are the best they have.
    Mary Lou can be good at times too.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I think she was brave to stand up the HSE and it cost her job at the time (I think she was later reinstated).

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/whistleblower-fired-from-her-job-has-no-regrets-2996535.html

Yes she was but I was referring to the fact that she hadn't said anything all night up to that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Jim-Bob Power.... full of sh1t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Funnily enough, I like Pearse Doherty. But why the fcuk is he with the Shinners?

He wouldn't do very well in Fianna Gael now would he?

Morgan Kelly V's Jim Power on Primetime in 2007.

Morgan predicts a property crash and Jim is adamant there is going to be a soft landing.

Some clips are worth posting time and time again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

How is he still getting airtime after his past "soft landing" predictions. He should be confined to history with the bankers and politicians of the time.

Yeh, RTE, specifically Pat Kenny, love him :mad:

That figures.

Marian Finucane appears is a fan too, she often has him on the Sunday panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Homage to Craig Staedler from Padraig Harrington.

Marian Finucane appears is a fan too, she often has him on the Sunday panel.

That's why he's trying to grow the tache so. She probably splutters all over his face.

The journalist/FF lady is seriously embarrassing, she hasn't a clue what she is saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

thought ganley was brilliant on this.

certainly leagues ahead of the other presenters so far. for the first time in ages ive gone back to stream the stuff ive missed off TV3s website. ger colleran is as annoying on telly as he is on the radio, sam smyth was just going through the motions and the less said about Mammy the better.

if TV3 have any brains theyll offer ganley a business show. with his connections we'd be guarentted quality guests if nothing else and christ knows theres no competition from RTE in that dept. a slot on saturday and sunday would do, prehaps even replacing vinnys friday night show which is kinda crap compared to his mon to thurs one.

but all in all and impressive stint and he managed to reign himself in more than i though he would. boyd barret was the only one he kinda lost it with.

looks like its sarah carey next week.

god help us

When's it on the player.

That's why he's trying to grow the tache so. She probably splutters all over his face.
    Thanks for that lovely mental picture :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Good loser

Pearse Doherty or Jim Power? Give me Jim Power anyday and he's dire and inarticulate.

Sinn Fein's policies are utter rubbish from beginning to end and yet Jim Power and Pascal Donohue open by complimenting him!

Eloquently put by Doherty about Gallagher.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that lovely mental picture :(

I'd say she has wipers on the inside of her car windscreen :D

Pasthcal keeping his mouth shut.
    That guy will go far in Irish Politics.

Discussion on Health Tonight
    Liam Twomey tries to defend James Reilly
    There is a dedicated VB thread here :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056362398&page=554

Found it, Mrs D007!
    thank you....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Pointless having a debate about James Reilly. He should have been out on his ear ages ago but he's sticking like a limpet and being backed up by gutless Enda and the Labour hypocrites who sold Roisin Shortall down the river. The Reilly situation represents everything that's bad about our political system. If it was the UK, Reilly would have been gone long ago.

Pointless having a debate about James Reilly. He should have been out on his ear ages ago but he's sticking like a limpet and being backed up by gutless Enda and the Labour hypocrites who sold Roisin Shortall down the river. The Reilly situation represents everything that's bad about our political system. If it was the UK, Reilly would have been gone long ago.
    Reilly is himself pointless. Any self-respecting man would have bowed out long ago. Beginning to think that Twomey is only lukewarm in defending him

It's the logarithmic thingamajigs, dontchano

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Now I really want to know what was said during the ad break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

A total omnishambles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Twomey is making himself look like a prize wally.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement