Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

@Gavin.
    Just reread your post. Tuesday evening around 6ish it could have beenme. I would have beenwearing Boards shorts, hat and gloves and riding a black Spesh Tricross.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

Saw someone wearing Boards shorts today at Sandford Church at around 1pm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

On the descent from Calary/Roundwood towards Kilamcanogue around 12.30 today. I had my hand ready to tip the horn but thought better of it when I saw the speed you were up to!

Possibly the same person I saw in Bray late last month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ditch hurler

saw a boards jersey at the tour of kilkenny. yelled ' now ye're talkin ' on the way by to a :confused: look

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

saw a boards jersey at the tour of kilkenny. yelled ' now ye're talkin ' on the way by to a :confused: look

And one (blorg) even made it into the sports section of the local rag.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Saw someone sporting a Boards jersey today in Suffolk Street wearing black socks!:eek:
    No doubt the Euro police have already dealt with the offender.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭henboy

I seen one of the jerseys down in Waterford city to day. I think it was around 4 pm going down the quay in Waterford. I just got a quick glance as I was driving and the traffic was mental. Good to see the jersey down these parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

Saw a guy in the full Boards kit heading into Malahide on Saturday about 4 or 5pm

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

LDB wrote: »
    Saw a guy in the full Boards kit heading into Malahide on Saturday about 4 or 5pm

That could have been me,heading in from Portmarnock..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

Dub13 wrote: »
    That could have been me,heading in from Portmarnock..?

Yeah the person was coming in from the Portmarnock side alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

henboy wrote: »
    I seen one of the jerseys down in Waterford city to day. I think it was around 4 pm going down the quay in Waterford. I just got a quick glance as I was driving and the traffic was mental. Good to see the jersey down these parts.
    That would have been me, doing the Surf and Turf 300. Jersey was unfortunately ripped from a bad crash earlier in the day so I will be looking for a new one or two in the next order... along with new helmet, handlebars, knee warmers, arm warmers, sandals :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31,001 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

blorg wrote: »
    Jersey was unfortunately ripped from a bad crash earlier in the day so I will be looking for a new one or two in the next order...

I assume you're OK, since you finished. What happened this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

Lumen wrote: »
    I assume you're OK, since you finished. What happened this time?

A hedge with unusual magnetic properties dragged him off the corner on a fast slippery descent.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,001 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

rottenhat wrote: »
    A hedge with unusual magnetic properties dragged him off the corner on a fast slippery descent.

Epic. As the famous saying goes: to crash first, first you have to crash. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

It was definitely a day that favoured discretion over valour.

rottenhat wrote: »
    Haha, that would be pretty much it... I was taking the corner too fast and it was wet and gravelly... Didn't actually go off the road, the bike just slipped out from under me. Shoulder hit first, there was a good "bounce" and then the rest of me came down and slid across the road. Nasty road rash but otherwise am OK, got some Nurofen at the next stop which helped. Could have been a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Have you ever considered getting some stabilizers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

So which one of you boardsie no goodnicks was cycling through Terenure near Eaton Square yesterday at about 7 o clock? The man was sporting a Boards.ie cycle jersey and his right hand signals were second to none!!

to you good sir i say hello!

So which one of you boardsie no goodnicks was cycling through Terenure near Eaton Square yesterday at about 7 o clock? The man was sporting a Boards.ie cycle jersey and his right hand signals were second to none!!

to you good sir i say hello!

Heh, that'd probably be me alright. Was probably being extra cautious with the hand signals after a taxi had undertaken me earlier on that trip while turning right (at Donnybrook mini-roundabout, having come from Aylesbury Road).

Greetings!

eggie I think, dame street, yesterday lunchtime. No jersey, saw the bike first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Glitterangel76

Boards Jersey spotted cycling through Clontarf Village on the cycle path on the beautiful sunny Saturday around mid-day.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Yesterday morning, n4.. about 8.30 on a black and orange bike...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

mloc123 wrote: »
    Yesterday morning, n4.. about 8.30 on a black and orange bike...
    I reckon that would have been me, this bike, but with one pannier on it.

Dundrum Village, 7:35 or so this evening, heading towards Luas bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Only saw one Boards jersey at the Lance Love-in in the Phoenix Park. It was worn by a certain French lady standing (yes you heard me correctly) standing on a corner as we all passed. Ha Ha :)

All was explained when I saw the video you were making. Meant to shout "Hi Boardsie, Caroline?" but on the video it came out as "Hi Boardies"

Sorry, wouldn't have called out had I known you were recording it, but anyway I'm there near the end forever immortalised on celluloid digital.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

Passed Empty (i think!) wearing a boards jersey on the coast road towards dun Laoghaire around half two or so yesterday!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,550 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

saw a boardsie in jacket and shorts last night passing the golden ball at kilternan. looked to be coming back from wicklow, lights were out and the car pulling out of pub gave you a bit of a heartstopper I think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Glitterangel76

Random spotting of Boards cycling 'shorts' this morning around 8.15 (ish)...by the side of Heuston heading towards town...blue cycling helmet, not sure of bike as cars blocked the view...still shocked I saw the shorts, as I was cycling the other side of the street..oh well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭NeilMcEoigheann

Blorg missing!!! but i saw his Ti bike in Dalys this morning looking good.
    that counts right? its not about the rider.

• Advertisement

Blorg missing!!! but i saw his Ti bike in Dalys this morning looking good.
    that counts right? its not about the rider.
    Yes, I have just got it back now, my rear derailleur cable snapped after Seskin on the SK160 so I had to do the rest of it with only two gears! 12T up Powers the Pot on Brian Kenneally's wheel which left my legs a bit tired, thankfully he was not really trying! Fixed it to 15T with the limit screws for Mahon Falls and Mama Road.

I couldn't get the remains of the old cable out so dropped it in to the shop, unfortunately neither could Dave so it required a new shifter... DA shifters are expensive but he put on a second-hand one he had and for a really very decent price indeed, so very happy with that, +1 Joe Daly's again.

Off to do the Raid Pyreneen on Sunday; I had my touring bike as a backup but cycling the two of them back I am very happy I am going to be able to do it on my racer, my tourer is lightweight for a tourer but is probably a good 50% heavier, I would feel it on those climbs!

Advertisement