Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Microsoft Access Tutorial

• 02-05-2014 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm looking to teach myself how to use Microsoft access for creating databases, tables and queries etc.

Can anyone recommend a good online resource for teaching oneself?

I realise this forum may not be the best place, so mods feel free to move to the appropriate place.

Cheers,

Aongus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭tramoreman

try youtube and type in microsoft access tutorial
    also
    type it in google search

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

tramoreman wrote: »
    try youtube and type in microsoft access tutorial
    also
    type it in google search

Thank you. Very helpful.

However, that throws up 100s of results and I was hoping someone here might know a good one so I wouldn't have to either wade through hundreds of hours of dross or take a gamble.

Thanks for your input though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Personally I would look for tutorials on database design and SQL. That way you can use any database server.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

There are good few databases which comes with the package. Have a look at the design view of the tables/queries etc, this may help you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭dmc17

If you fancy trying MySQL then this guy does good tutorials from basic to more advanced stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 joelim7

microsoftvirtualacademy

you could try on there its free,

also this ones pretty good.

search this in youtube

Java - Ms Access Database Application - 1 - Introduction / Creating Database

by creativitytuts(naveed)

i cant stick a link in cos im new

let me know if you get to turorial 7

tutorial

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Justin1982

I would recommend this introduction to Access on youtube. I don't think there is a better introduction. Covers all the basic elements of access except for SQL. I'd actually get an Access 2013 For Dummies book for further reading and an introduction to SQL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM_O-JopORM

• Advertisement
Advertisement