Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Politics of latest Gaza attacks

• 16-11-2012 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

Here's my latest article on the politics behind the recent attacks on Gaza. Would love feedback/start a discussion on the topic:

http://wp.me/p2Pwla-x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

Sir - your first sentence was enough for me, sorry. Ahmed Jaabari was not a Hamas 'advisor', but a mass-murdering terrorist and plotter of terrorism in the highest level of the Hamas organisation. Sadly, he will not be missed for long, as there are hundreds, if not thousands of a like mind ready to take his place.

The people who run Gaza had the opportunity way back when to use the 'severance pay' from Israel to better the plight of their people by building an improved level of civilian infrastructure - schools, medical facilties, power generation, water threatment and so on. Instead, they invested the money in munitions, tunnelling equipment and the rockets that they have fired on a daily basis into Israel for the last many years.

If the Arabs declare a ceasefire, then there will be peace.

If the Israelis declare a ceasefire, there will be annihilation.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭BenMicheal

tac foley wrote: »
    Sir - your first sentence was enough for me, sorry. Ahmed Jaabari was not a Hamas 'advisor', but a mass-murdering terrorist and plotter of terrorism in the highest level of the Hamas organisation. Sadly, he will not be missed for long, as there are hundreds, if not thousands of a like mind ready to take his place.

The people who run Gaza had the opportunity way back when to use the 'severance pay' from Israel to better the plight of their people by building an improved level of civilian infrastructure - schools, medical facilties, power generation, water threatment and so on. Instead, they invested the money in munitions, tunnelling equipment and the rockets that they have fired on a daily basis into Israel for the last many years.

If the Arabs declare a ceasefire, then there will be peace.

If the Israelis declare a ceasefire, there will be annihilation.

tac

I think when you pear back the harshness of your points and get to the core of them you make some good points. I would agree on your point that Israel needs to exist and has a role to play within the global system. In what composition tho, I dont know. I also take your point about the severence payments which is one that often gets brushed under the carpet in general debate.

Have a couple of more articles that I will be posting that will address your points. So feel free to keep an eye on the wordpress page.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

BenMicheal wrote: »
    I think when you pear back the harshness of your points and get to the core of them you make some good points. I would agree on your point that Israel needs to exist and has a role to play within the global system. In what composition tho, I dont know. I also take your point about the severence payments which is one that often gets brushed under the carpet in general debate.

Have a couple of more articles that I will be posting that will address your points. So feel free to keep an eye on the wordpress page.

Thank you, Sir. I look forward to reading them.

tac

Advertisement