Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

USB Query

• 07-12-2013 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Hi There

I would have a small idea of technical knowledge but am stumped at the moment. My set up is this . Have a saorview box connected to my tv ( tv is not flatscreen, hd, or new, old sony tv with big back ). I have the saorview box in the attic. Connected into the USB connection on the saorview box i have an external hard drive ( mains connected ) on which i store movies etc.. and watch through the box on to the tv. The cable between hard drive is standard USB and about 2 feet max in length.

What i want to do is to take my hard drive down to beside the TV one floor below. to save having to go to attic to get it ot upload more movies. So i bought a 3 metre USB cable and took it from hard drive ( now down beside TV ) up the conduit in a wall to the saorview box in the attic.

The hard drive is not recognised no matter what i try.

Anyone got any ideas, my head is wrecked with it. All I have done is lengthed the USB cable??

Thanksin advance

regards
    JB

Advertisement