Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invalidity Benefit - Car Tax?

• 29-08-2011 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hia All,

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this question. I am living on my own, am in receipt of invalidity/disability benefit.

I have a car that I just about manage to afford to run, however, I am now behind on the car tax. I have 5 months back tax to pay + whatever I can afford to pay.

I have a couple of questions.
    I am absolutely dependant on the car for travel, as I have to pick my children up from their mothers and school etc and to run them about, also as I live in the country, a car is totally needed. I have managed to keep the car insured an ncted.

1) is there any help available to help pay for car tax or anything like this for those on invalidity benefit?

2) Is there anyway of paying the back owed over time, to show you are paying or is it simply fixed.

I have already been stopped twice and fined 60 each time and the car should have been impounded last time. [long journeys to cities] The car is parked in a private car park at night, so is off the public highway. Any ideas or help would be so appreciated as this is just one problem among many I am dealing with at the moment!

Regards - Shaun :confused:

Comments

Advertisement