Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

PucaMama wrote: »
    A house party at 2am is beyond excessive and screaming out songs in your back garden is ridiculous. I did report them.

If it's regular I would agree but a once off then I would have no issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ilsilenzio

Mid afternoon break in through front door in cul de sac in Delwood D15 on Monday afternoon-- ignored alarm- looking for cash mainly, apparently.

Keep an eye out for "strollers"/ casual traders / $$$$$ etc. Note reg of strange(er) cars etc !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

A house party at 2am is beyond excessive and screaming out songs in your back garden is ridiculous. I did report them.

If it's regular I would agree but a once off then I would have no issue.
    It’s never acceptable in a quiet residential area

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Ah will you stop, if it's every night or like every weekend yes it's an issue but not once a year or the likes.

Ah will you stop, if it's every night or like every weekend yes it's an issue but not once a year or the likes.
    When ur up at 5am for work, someone in the garden behind you screaming out songs is unacceptable. It’s not something people should have to tolerate just because it’s not every night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭forward8

When ur up at 5am for work, someone in the garden behind you screaming out songs is unacceptable. It’s not something people should have to tolerate just because it’s not every night.

We had something similar a few years back only worse. Dogs barking day and night and constant parties, it really can get under your skin. Unfortunately when it comes to a lot of Irish people, their idea of whats socially acceptable can differ by quite a wide margin.

forward8 wrote: »

We had something similar a few years back only worse. Dogs barking day and night and constant parties, it really can get under your skin. Unfortunately when it comes to a lot of Irish people, their idea of whats socially acceptable can differ by quite a wide margin.
    The whole “it’s only once in a while” thing is wrong because does that allow every house on the street a party once in a while?? Or just that one gang of people. Why can’t they go live with students if they want to go on like that. Some people have to work in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,793 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Security van was robbed outside Aldi, Clonee at 12.40pm yesterday (friday) by two men armed with hammers, witnesses / dashcam footage sought by the 5-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Book em Dano, murder 1..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Kids battery powered, plastic three wheel bike lifted into gunbarrel grey ford transit in allendale the other week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Two guards on bicycles floating around Roselawn SC at 7pm - something happen in the area today?

Two guards on bicycles floating around Roselawn SC at 7pm - something happen in the area today?

Probably not, latest I've heard is there will be an increased presence of Garda on bikes in Dublin15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Maybe an increase in garda due to Leo living just around the corner from roselawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Phil.x wrote: »
    Maybe an increase in garda due to Leo living just around the corner from roselawn.

Doubt it, they looked like they were looking for someone or something tbh. One floated around the carpark (even over by the big washing machines) while the other went up around by Delwood Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

Warning to all motorists driving from clonee to city on the n3 Javan road, bunch of male youths throwing 2litre bottles of water from bridge above same road ( corduff to blanchardstown town centre). Happening from 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

horse7 wrote: »
    Warning to all motorists driving from clonee to city on the n3 Javan road, bunch of male youths throwing 2litre bottles of water from bridge above same road ( corduff to blanchardstown town centre). Happening from 7pm.

Probably better described as Brookhaven to town centre or Waterville to town centre as they are closer to the bridges and gives an idea which bridge you're taking about rather than insinuating where the perpetrators are coming from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Going to try some software to zoom in on their faces,I have a rear cam also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

VeVeX wrote: »
    rather than insinuating where the perpetrators are coming from.

I didn’t think that was being implied at all.

They could reside anywhere, it's not about that,it's about possible carnage from an unscrupulous act.

• Advertisement

Slim and tanned by all accounts..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭sm3ar

What a kip Dublin 15 is. Way more Gardai needed on the beat. 146 rapes and sexual assaults just in the area in one year is a joke. How would it compare to a rural county. Be interesting to see those figures. Obviously there are other assaults not being reported, god knows what the real numbers are. I seen the local Fianna Fáil guy Chambers recently had a talk on local anti social issues. Seems all politicians have these forums nowadays but of course we all know it’s just self promotion to get their faces on the lamp posts. How stupid do they think we are. People don’t feel safe on the streets. Something needs to be done ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Where are you getting those figures from...

beauf wrote: »
    Where are you getting those figures from...

See post by forward8 with link to independent article a few posts ago

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭travist

sm3ar wrote: »

You are incorrect. .

The number of sexual offences reported in the Blanchardstown garda district and surrounding areas – the DMR west division – has increased slightly in recent years.

There were a total of 146 recorded rapes and sexual assaults in 2015 in the entire garda division, which also includes the Lucan and Clondalkin areas.
    That compares with 166 such crimes that were reported last year.
    Herald”

I would question the source of these numbers also / wouldn’t believe a free article in the Independent.

travist wrote: »
    You are incorrect. .

The number of sexual offences reported in the Blanchardstown garda district and surrounding areas – the DMR west division – has increased slightly in recent years.

There were a total of 146 recorded rapes and sexual assaults in 2015 in the entire garda division, which also includes the Lucan and Clondalkin areas.
    That compares with 166 such crimes that were reported last year.
    Herald”

I would question the source of these numbers also / wouldn’t believe a free article in the Independent.

Yes, it’s 166 in 2017. So it’s increased by 20. I agree the independent and Herald are absolute rags of newspapers but would be inclined to believe the numbers. They are probably from the CSO. Again, I realize CSO and guards counting skills not exactly Einstein level, but here I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt.

I don't find any of these sources credible. None of them are beyond making figures and stats up.

Also I would want to see how it relates to other areas and even other counties per population.

Only with that comparison could you see if this was low or high, or change in pattern.

It not impossible that there is a few people repeat offending.

Also papers have a habit of merging stats to create a more tabloid headline.

Thanks I hadn't read to the end...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭travist

Yes, it’s 166 in 2017. So it’s increased by 20. I agree the independent and Herald are absolute rags of newspapers but would be inclined to believe the numbers. They are probably from the CSO. Again, I realize CSO and guards counting skills not exactly Einstein level, but here I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt.

"in 2015 in the entire garda division, which also includes the Lucan and Clondalkin areas."

Advertisement