Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wrestling Podcasts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

I've never actually listened to a podcast in my life

What are the best wrestling ones to check out?

Cheers
    Flairs is the best imho

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

mxph3 wrote: »
    I highly recommend Talk is Jericho since Jericho always gets good guests on the show. His latest episode with Luke Harper is worth checking out.

I also check out Stone Cold and JR podcasts every now and again.

Flair, Jericho and stone cold in that order I really like.

Harper sounds like a great guy from the Jericho podcast. Always find it weird when he looks crazy but then sounds like a chilled laidback guy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Looking forward to Austins review of SS on his podcast, could be a good listen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Colt's AOW is worth checking out as well. I mainly listen to his podcast whenever he gets an ex-wwe person on the show.

I always hear good things about Flair podcasts, but I have only to listened to 1 or 2 episodes. I wish his podcast was a lot more accessible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Is it not available on iTunes? I've been making my way through all of the Place To Be podcasts, but they don't have the entire catalogue on iTunes, so I have to download then export.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Review-a-Wai and Bryan and Vinny are my favourite podcasts (that I'm not affiliated with!). Although the latter is through a pay-site, I think they're worth paying for. That said, I'd also pay for the LAW radio family of shows if they charged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

I think Pollock's great, the relationship between him and Wai is probably my favourite out of all podcasts (not just wrestling). Considering how much work he seems to put in and how clearly interested he is in his area of work, I find it a bit staggering that he hasn't been snapped up by a larger media outlet.

Was there a Boards Pro Wrestling podcast at one stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I think Pollock's great, the relationship between him and Wai is probably my favourite out of all podcasts (not just wrestling). Considering how much work he seems to put in and how clearly interested he is in his area of work, I find it a bit staggering that he hasn't been snapped up by a larger media outlet.

Considering Arda Ocal and Renee Young were snapped up by WWE, you'd imagine the thought has been on the agenda somewhere along the road. It'd wipe out around 60% of my podcast playlist if the Review-a series ever stopped.

On a related note, the actual LAW radio how itself has been pretty fun with Pollock filling in for Agnew the last couple weeks. Pretty cool change of format.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,422 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Listening to jerichos podcast with Luke Harper and just to look at him on tv it's strange to hear him sounding as a normal guy.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Listening to jerichos podcast with Luke Harper and just to look at him on tv it's strange to hear him sounding as a normal guy.

I listened to this recently, it's excellent

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Was there a Boards Pro Wrestling podcast at one stage?

*Cough* TSC where are ya!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

Tomorrow night Celtic Wrestling Radio - CWR returns with its long awaited 2nd Season on Room 101. Wrestling news from around the globe plus news from the Irish Wrestling Scene. New time slot 10pm-midnight. Listen on The Tune In App or www.room101radio.eu

cwr_new_time.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Jericho's podcast has been a lot better since he cut out his awful comedy impressions which were cringe worthy. He put out some utterly awful garbage in the early days of his podcast.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    *Cough* TSC where are ya!
    Are these available anywhere? I seem to remember one being arranged about 3 years ago. Maybe I'm not remembering right but I thought you were involved Jay.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

Celtic Wrestling Radio - CWR will not be on tonight. Instead we have moved to a better slot on Room 101. Tune in to season 2 every Friday 8-10pm. Listen Live on www.room101radio.eu or download the Room101 App.

cwr_prof_pic.jpg

Becky lynch is on jerichos podcast this Friday. Love this news.

I'm loving listening to becky on jerichos podcast. Damn it she is so nice and likeable and I know people have said she has a strange accent but it sounds like what I consider a Dublin accent.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I'm loving listening to becky on jerichos podcast. Damn it she is so nice and likeable and I know people have said she has a strange accent but it sounds like what I consider a Dublin accent.

Well most americans think we have a strange accent. Her accent sounds like a normal dublin accent to me too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

It was kind of like extended version of her interview with Sam Roberts.

It's amazing how she went through soo many career paths when she gave up wrestling.

• Advertisement

mxph3 wrote: »
    It was kind of like extended version of her interview with Sam Roberts.

It's amazing how she went through soo many career paths when she gave up wrestling.

Something I liked is how she touched on her injury in germany which she has always seem to shy away from before. But on the whole she came across as well as he has in previous interviews which is as a genuine,nice, friendly, talented irish female wrestler.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Am I the only one who finds Jericho incredibly annoying to listen to? It's a shame too as he gets some good guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Am I the only one who finds Jericho incredibly annoying to listen to? It's a shame too as he gets some good guests.

God I missed you ha.

I dont mind Jericho, huge fan of his work prior to his "world will end " return, have cooled on him a lot since as an in ring personality. But hes fine as a host IMO, seems to have a good re-pour with his guests and does his homework before hand.

• gnfnrhead wrote: »

The ads and all are but I think he's the best interviewer of all the wrestlers that do podcasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I don't know I use to listen to podcasts alot when i had my old car, (my new one doesn't connect my phone) but between him JR and Austin I found him sometimes the easiest to listen to and at other times a pain in the ear, He can be a dickhead sometimes but often he's grand

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I don't know I use to listen to podcasts alot when i had my old car, (my new one doesn't connect my phone) but between him JR and Austin I found him sometimes the easiest to listen to and at other times a pain in the ear, He can be a dickhead sometimes but often he's grand

He truly loves himself though. So vain!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Nail on head never heard any one who has such a high opinion of himself as Y2J

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Nail on head never heard any one who has such a high opinion of himself as Y2J
    not many wrestlers who don't have a high opinion of themselves

• Advertisement

not many wrestlers who don't have a high opinion of themselves

Totally agree all wrestlers are up their own a** most of the time.

I cant listen to JR at all i really cant bear him outside of him commentating these days

Advertisement